So in just one two days demand for Aramco's maiden bond has swollen from the $30 billion mentioned by Al-Falih to, wait for it, $85 billion! They're gonna raise enough money to buy Sabic AND set a little aside, right? I mean, Reuters sources, especially unnamed ones, cannot lie, can they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Aramco will acquire SABIC Basic Industries and Petrochemicals and Aramco will be a strong player in the global energy market..

• Like 1

Saudi Aramco is earmarking $500 billion to invest over the next 10 years as part of push to become a global refiner and chemical maker - CEO says for Bloomberg

• Like 1

The "best" picture of the world today: you can kill journalist, you can put in jail activist for human rights, you can finance terrorism, etc ... But, everything will be forgotten if you have Aramco, " can't beat the feeling"👎

• Like 1

Remember, just moving money from the right hand to the left. But the bonds are safe. Just avoid the stock.

The Kingdom buying SABIC, they already own it. And it will be a drag on Aramco's profitability.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am Badaru Askanda from Ghana. I work with Frank's International casing as a Tong Operator and a CAM Technician

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

So in just one two days demand for Aramco's maiden bond has swollen from the $30 billion mentioned by Al-Falih to, wait for it, $85 billion! They're gonna raise enough money to buy Sabic AND set a little aside, right? I mean, Reuters sources, especially unnamed ones, cannot lie, can they?

And on a totally unrelated topic ...

Con games generally rely on the greed of the unsuspecting marks.

We now return to our regularly scheduled commercial.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I expect today's update to have it above $100 billion. Like a friend said, they won't even need to list Aramco with this bond. So great.

6 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Like a friend said, they won't even need to list Aramco with this bond. So great.

The general consensus was the IPO was lunacy,  so float bonds. They'll be good for a quite a bit. No way I'd do anything but short the stock, but I'd feel fine with bonds to a point. In a sense though they are just selling off future earnings because nothing they'll do will touch Aramco for profitability. I worry for how they'll spend the money. Buying SABIC being a great example since the Kingdom already owns it.

I'm still hard pressed to believe there are this many investors ready to buy the bond. $85 billion? Come on.

Since this isn't for the SABIC acquisition, the company is obscenely profitable, sort of begs the question, where is the money going to go?