EA

Mueller Report Brings Into Focus Obama's Attempted Coup Against Trump

^ I wholeheartedly, strongly agree.

For those who understand my cryptic note about a different forum, I've received a few (you) green texts in the last year or so on this topic.

Also, as a moderator here, I was going to mention that this thread was off-topic for this forum, but then I saw it was posted in the "Geopolitics" sub-forum, so it appears to be fine:

"The Geopolitics Forum focuses on all global politics. If it's related to oil please create a thread within the Oil General forum."

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

^ I wholeheartedly, strongly agree.

For those who understand my cryptic note about a different forum, I've received a few (you) green texts in the last year or so on this topic.

Also, as a moderator here, I was going to mention that this thread was off-topic for this forum, but then I saw it was posted in the "Geopolitics" sub-forum, so it appears to be fine:

"The Geopolitics Forum focuses on all global politics. If it's related to oil please create a thread within the Oil General forum."

I debated this with myself as well but came to the same conclusion you did. The effect on our relations with Russia and Europe alone I felt made it appropriate to this forum, regardless of what Mueller's report showed.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Yes, in my opinion, this will have trickle-down global consequences.

Clearly, since I have a minority opinion on this entire issue, many others will disagree.  And I'm fine with others disagreeing.  This is a difficult rabbit hole to go down, it's not pretty.

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backward
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the door mouse said
Feed your head, feed your head, feed your head

-Jefferson Airplane

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 5

For amusement, here is an older meme made by Trump supporters, poking fun at Trump haters who try to poke fun at Trump supporters.

It's playing with the amusing "The Left Can't Meme" and the "Literally Hitler" memes.

Never mind... if you have to explain a joke ...

5082269cb6ec475bf647dd2441145f617137767e2031628e8d5f01ba380453c9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

We don't really have a two party system in this country. There's only the party of incumbency, then wealthy retirement as "lobbyist" or "consultant". We see Obama on billionaires' yachts and don't blink an eye. Al Gore is worth half a billion from a net worth of 2.5 million when he left office. The Clintons control a $2.5 billion fortune much of it protected by the paper thin veneer of a "foundation" from the tax man. Because when they ran on higher taxes on the rich, they meant thee, not themselves. It's going to take awhile to figure out how Paul Ryan was bought off, but bought off he was. In some ways, the biggest tragedy of 9/11 was that flight 93 couldn't find Congress. Shuffling the deck might have been the best thing for the country. Politicians aren't our friends

You are correct. This is what I meant but I was not very clear. Unfortunately most people think there are 2 parties in the US but there is really just one and they cooperate to enrich themselves, their families, and their friends at the expense of everyone else.

I think the public gets confused because their rhetoric can be different but the way they behave once in office is very different.

• Like 4
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

17 hours ago, AncientEyes said:

In my opinion, Russiagate was a fraud and a hoax. However, I do not view "the Deep State" is a monolithic entity. I believe there are various factions and interests, some more in common with others, and it's never clear in the shadowy netherworld of intelligence and intrigue. What we see on the media are the figureheads and cartoon cutouts - the Ted Lieus, the Adam Schiffs, the Muellers, the Maddows, etc. 

In my opinion, the Trump election reflects a slight conflict precisely within the 'Deep State' factions. The neoliberal establishment that has long since reigned does not like Trump for various reasons, including likely his geopolitical opinions. The Russiagate narrative served to vilify Russia has the number enemy. Unfortunately, most in the American ruling class were and still are asleep to the fact that the greatest geopolitical rival and threat to the U.S. actually comes from China, not Russia. Former candidates like Mitt Romney are completely oblivious to the geopolitical tectonic shifts that are currently underway that will determine the fate of the 21st century.

Russiagate did a whole lot of nothing, but the lasting effect of Russiagate has been online censorship of mostly right-leaning personalities who dare questioned the official media narrative. Social media sites have largely silenced or banned those who did not necessarily tow the main line. Russiagate will soon be in the public memoryhole, but you can bet the censorship tactics of most of the social media corporations will remain intact.

Although I do not agree with Trump on most items, he was correct to see China as the true geopolitical rival to the U.S. and his (at least) verbal overtures to woo Russia could be viewed as an attempt to mend ties with Russia. If the U.S. has any hope of trying to stay relevant not just as a superpower but as a country, it will need to realize the reality and court proper alliances on the grand chessboard, especially Russia.

Agree about China and censorship. 

I also agree the Deep State isn't monolithic which is true of just about every large bureaucracy. There are definitely government officials sympathetic to Trump. 

But based on the high-level government officials involved and the intelligence agencies they represented I think what was done to Trump can only be described as an attempted coup.

Further, I think we've crossed the Rubicon in terms of American democracy; what it means and where it goes from here. 

• Like 3
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1

Do you want to increase your bottom line by way of using readily available input to select which people should be in which job? This is not a PC way to look at things but I think it is very effective way to enhance you bottom line by looking at affiliations with extreme public figures. 

Wonderful opportunity to put into focus not Trump but the venerable Trump supporter. Indications are the 'typical' Trump supporter is more inclined to support dogma over making their own rational connections. While this may make for an employee that is loyal, the result is a person more likely to react to authority than to participate in reason. Therefore just think. If your fellow colleague or the potential new hire is in front of you, do you wish to hire someone loyal or someone who is capable of discerning a path through disparate inputs? That is a thinking person versus an automaton. Now there are some jobs such as truck driver or customer service who should follow rules directly in general most jobs require at least a modest amount of thought, if not extreme wisdom, in the event of emergency or unique inputs. 

So think next time you have a chance to pick people to join your teams, do you need leaders? or do you need followers? Followers are more likely to be your Trump supporters. Leaders are more likey to see how the facts must be uniquely constructed for each situation and not likely to be Trump supporters. Note I am not referencing party political affiliation. It is a happenstance that Trump has been successful at making the Republican party into his own image.

• Downvote 9

(edited)

On 4/11/2019 at 2:42 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

800209d7ee6c3af7808f4fabaf1a0e0d21fdc3d2b9fbe43f3f7dbbc9353b91c2.jpeg

e8dcd7321c938992aef619959fc456ded17ac05250455ae651821894dd363b4b.png

dcee92e2038a14c0f350ce04e80358f3e0d9867d1fb0ac1f224e7dc259bdea1e.jpeg

For those not aware Peter Strzok was the FBI agent who initiated the Trump investigation. As part of this he recruited Stefan Halper, a University of Cambridge professor with long standing ties to the CIA and Britain's MI6. Halper offered up his services to the Trump campaign as a foreign policy advisor, which apparently was his in. 

In the aftermath of Strzok's role in this fiasco and his anti-Trump texts to his lover Lisa Page, he was initially only demoted and suspended by the FBI. This was later overruled and he was fired. Now, rightly I think, his actions are being investigated.

Strzok should have known from the beginning he was always going to be the fall guy if things went sideways.

He's lucky this is the US. In many other countries he would have been found dead.

Edited by shadowkin
  • Like 2
  • Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 3

Thanks guys.  Normally one has to visit the Infowars website to get this kind of conversation. 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jeffrey Brown said:

Thanks guys.  Normally one has to visit the Infowars website to get this kind of conversation. 

Good argument. Do you care to even try to refute any facts I presented, which are public information, or do you just want to continue to bury your head in the sand?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4

Who wrote this post, a 13 year old...?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 2

It's a mess, but what facts. Is the report released, and even it's only a tiny piece of the overall collected.

All we know is they collected a lot of fines and, probably could easily a profit on it, lots of evidence of shenanigans of self-enrichment, but not Russian collusion. 

Which hmm, how many governments has the USA played silly tricks on. Gambling, here, in Casablanca?

To quote line from a favorite movie of mine, Repo Man "No one is innocent."

Running for high elected offices in now become a great wealth maker in the US. Which tells you a lot.

• Like 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, John Foote said:

It's a mess, but what facts

Did you even read the first post? This info was known before Mueller's investigation and Barr's conclusion. That's why I had the headline with "Focus" instead of something like "exposes". Mueller's submittal of his report had the media in its latest feeding frenzy largely because many expected it to have some damning evidence of Trump's collusion with Russia.

2 hours ago, John Foote said:

Is the report released, and even it's only a tiny piece of the overall collected

When the report is released it will not alter the conclusion that there was no collusion with Russia. If Barr had withheld this in his summary only to release a report a few weeks later that said otherwise it would be suicide, for him and Trump. As I said above, the released report will simply reveal more Deep State chicanery along the lines of Comey, Strzok, Brennan, etc.

Can you share how you know it's a tiny piece of what's collected?

Edited by shadowkin
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

On 4/10/2019 at 8:16 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Yes, in my opinion, this will have trickle-down global consequences.

Clearly, since I have a minority opinion on this entire issue, many others will disagree.  And I'm fine with others disagreeing.  This is a difficult rabbit hole to go down, it's not pretty.

What about the Assange arrest? Is Trump under pressure from the so called deep state to reveal his cards? Trump is now saying he doesnt know what wikileaks is even though he is on record on multiple videos thanking wiki leaks. Is the arrest a way to get his base to turn against him because if he says I like wikileaks now, they will say look there is Russian collusion. Of course, we in the general public dont know how many tunnels there is in this rabbit hole, but definitely something big is going down and it proves there is a deep state.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Arjun said:

What about the Assange arrest? Is Trump under pressure from the so called deep state to reveal his cards? Trump is now saying he doesnt know what wikileaks is even though he is on record on multiple videos thanking wiki leaks. Is the arrest a way to get his base to turn against him because if he says I like wikileaks now, they will say look there is Russian collusion. Of course, we in the general public dont know how many tunnels there is in this rabbit hole, but definitely something big is going down and it proves there is a deep state.

The battle continues.  Moves and counter-moves.  Game Theory.  And this is a pretty intense game being played out.

I can't comment on behalf of Trump or Wikileaks.

And normally I tend to avoid addressing any of this on this forum, because on this forum I really do try to focus on oil & gas + its intertwined global politics.

• Like 2