EA

Mueller Report Brings Into Focus Obama's Attempted Coup Against Trump

7 hours ago, SoCalGuy said:

Liar. The dossier was originally funded by the Washington Free Beacon, a conservative organization. Go spread your right-wing BS somewhere else.

A major Republican donor who funds the Washington Free Beacon, and who supported Marco Rubio at the time, hired Fusion GPS to do opposition research on Trump. This donor stopped funding Fusion GPS as it became clear Trump would be the nominee. No dossier existed at that time.

This is where Hillary Clinton, the DNC, and Christopher Steele come into the picture. Marc E. Elias, from the law firm Perkins Coie, represented the Clinton campaign and the DNC. He retains Fusion GPS to conduct opposition research on Trump. Fusion GPS then hires Christopher Steele. The rest is history.

Here are two articles from the top two members of the state media, and anything but right-wing, with more details.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/25/us/politics/steele-dossier-trump-expained.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/clinton-campaign-dnc-paid-for-research-that-led-to-russia-dossier/2017/10/24/226fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html?noredirect=on

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 4/23/2019 at 9:30 PM, Jan van Eck said:

As to the obvious lies  ("I had the biggest turnout at an inauguration ever!"), everybody knows that is an ego-boost fib. 

The scary thing is I'm not sure if Trump thinks that was a lie... he might be so delusional and arrogant that he actually thinks the media altered the photos or something. 

Just like he is all pissed off at his normal best friend, Twitter.  Any chance part of that is because, Oh, Obama has like twice as many followers?**   "It must be a conspiracy by twitter! they must be deleting my followers!"  Right Tom?  LOL

** Obama would have Easily won reelection if he could have ran. Only someone who has no respect for democracy would suggest removing term limits *cough*.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Downvote 1

Helpful flow chart for ostriches:

the-scheme-2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

On 4/22/2019 at 11:50 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Duly noted; your complaint is hilarious.

So let's just highlight your complaint to Oil Price staff...  @Rodent

I'm guessing that as an anonymous newcomer here with an apparent agenda, you have never seen my 5 year old tag line that I have used as a moderator both on the old Oilpro forum and here on the Oil Price forum :

"Just my opinion; as always, you are free to disagree." 

i am very much pro - Oil & Gas, and dang proud of the Oil & Gas industry.  I refuse to apologize for being strongly pro - Oil & Gas.

i did not start this thread, and had previously noted that as a moderator, I was inititially going to advise that this thread was off-topic for this Oil Price forum, but since this thread was posted in the Geopolitics sub-forum, I had noted that it seems suitable here:

"The Geopolitics Forum focuses on all global politics. If it's related to oil please create a thread within the Oil General forum."

As a side note, I also happen to be very much pro Trump, and will not apologize for being pro-Trump. 

Clearly, you disagree wirh my opinions.  I have no problem with others disagreeing.  Heck, I encourage dissent.

But you are apparently demanding that I apologize for being pro - Trump and for being pro - Oil & Gas.  That's not going to happen.

As an anonymous newcomer to this forum with no real history, you apparently feel that you have the right to simply show up anonymously and shut down discussions which you disagree with.  As a moderator, I will not allow that, and I'm calling you out on your lack of freedom of speech.

Which is why I alerted Oil Price staff to your complaint.  I have no plans to go away here on Oil Price forum

Seems like the Demo's are a little irate because they haven't gotten their way on this last presidential election.....like little children having a temper tantrum on the forum, directed at you Tom. It's OK though, we are real men, we can shoulder the burden that the Demo's are throwing at us right now.

1.png

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

On 4/13/2019 at 11:50 AM, TXPower said:

If Trump wins re-election it will be very bad for the “deep state” whether that deep state be monolithic, systemic or isolated.  Think of it thusly, remember when Obozo told Medvedev, “After my election I have more flexibility”?  Trump will be in the same boat as Obozo was.  Termed out, beholden to almost no one with the added bonus of spoiling for a fight.  Has anyone forgotten his vindictiveness?  

Heads are going to roll on this.  Now, it won’t reach to his imminence Obozo (calm yourself hope and change acolytes) Folks like him in “democratic societies” rarely ever get their deserved comeuppance.  In third worlds he’d meet a sure and violent end.  But it will reach to very high levels.  In the periphery Sillary will take a hit.  The Clinton Machine no longer has the power it once did and thus her and Slick Willy’s absolute protection, once a forgone conclusion, are now imperiled.  Others like Brennan,  Comey and perhaps Susan Rice will pay.  They won’t betray Obozo as the true puppet master on the deal and thus it will be their pound of flesh that is paid.  Let’s call them necessary sacrifices.

Unfortunately still, so many American Voters can’t see the real picture here.  What has been done by the folks who hatched this Russian Collusion malarkey can’t  be undone.  The damage to our Republic can’t be undone.  It doesn’t matter whether you love or hate Trump, this episode represents the truth about where we are as a nation.  Some in our country have become so overwhelmingly partisan that they don’t give a damn about respecting the law and the peaceful transfer of power which is the hallmark of our country.  I’m fighting mad about it and everyone else should be as well.  I’d be equally angry if Bush Jr. had done this to Obozo.  This mess shouldn’t offend your sensibilities in terms of your politics or party ideology.  It should offend your sense of Freedom, Right and Wrong, party be damned.

Serious question, where does the NRA fit in the deep state?  Or does it at all?  Seems like that lobby group has far too much political influence.

16 hours ago, SERWIN said:

Seems like the Demo's are a little irate because they haven't gotten their way on this last presidential election.....like little children having a temper tantrum on the forum, directed at you Tom. It's OK though, we are real men, we can shoulder the burden that the Demo's are throwing at us right now.

1.png

Heh heh, I have that graphic too, it's a bit old but still valid.

I generally prefer to laugh at the temper tantrums of people who don't want to allow alternative views to be voiced.

Dissent is necessary.

As a moderator here, part of my self-appointed role is to allow and encourage dissent.  Whether or not I agree with what is being said is irrelevent.  So long as others follow the forum guidelines and don't stoop to personal insults (personal insults normally invalidate the effectiveness of any argument) then we are all good.

Lively, feisty, passionate, intellectual debates are welcomed and encouraged.  I generally reserve my sh*tposting for unmoderated chan forums where such things are the norm.

73c1e1edc9bbb7466d6924774cf6a960103ccb15686a78d548f900255f4f7b67.jpg

c19df1f077ef64a10a1699db61188f3919a36bef9e835548f03a473c6f66358c.jpg.bc0276122ba51fc17a8dc4e2272a7fb2.jpg

(For those who don't get the joke, 4chan and 8chan are anonymous, free, unmoderated forums.  There are no paid, premium accounts for "private" sh*tposting on the chans.  Everyone is anonymous, and no one can prevent you from posting.  Wild Wild West.  One of the last bastions of Free Speech.)

• Upvote 3

(edited)

3 hours ago, SERWIN said:

1.png

In fairness it was a close election you can be damn sure Trump and others would be throwing a just as big or bigger tantrum. It was ugly on both sides.

I like the cartoon.  I highly support free speech and don't think certain words/phrases should become truly illegal and punishable by the courts; no I think the court of public opinion should self-police that kind of crap.  I constantly have to tell my 70 year old mom that certain things she says are not okay anymore - but I would fight if someone tried to fine or arrest her for her ignorance.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Like 1

There is a boogy man in the closet.  All run and hide!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

In fairness it was a close election you can be damn sure Trump and others would be throwing a just as big or bigger tantrum. It was ugly on both sides.

I like the cartoon.  I highly support free speech and don't think certain words/phrases should become truly illegal and punishable by the courts; no I think the court of public opinion should self-police that kind of crap.  I constantly have to tell my 70 year old mom that certain things she says are not okay anymore - but I would fight if someone tried to fine or arrest her for her ignorance.

Yeah, I know I'm a moderator here and I'm walking a fine line sometimes.

My rulebook for moderating this forum is the forum guidelines, a common sense list of basic does and don't to keep a professional forum civil, while at the same time encouraging open and feisty discussions.

Running with scissors, but keeping the pointy parts pointed at the ground.

That said.... good old George Carlin:

2d6b8a8901c0148dd4c5f97996b1d2b7825074f7954cf58ff3b73c5b47fd3173.png

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

Could someone please define "deep state" for me? Is it billionaires, corporations, politicians, military or the justice system or a combination of some of them? Can anyone name some names here that are at the head of the "Deep State"? I hear the term "the swamp" being used a lot,...is that the same as the "Deep State"?

• Like 1

William Barr and the IG will have the final say.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2019 at 12:18 PM, geodewd said:

We need a grassroots, bipartisan groundswell for term limits.   Otherwise, in my opinion, we are doomed.  The Swamp controls everything.   Unfortunately, half the population has Trump Derangement Syndrome, and aren't willing to focus on anything else.

The reality here is that the ones we need to get under control here are currently running the show. They do what they want, they make lots of money doing it, they get to decide what their benefits are, their own salary, etc. But to put a limit on how long they get to do that will never happen until some fundamental changes happen. For now though, they steer the boat so they say where we go, like it or not. The only way I can see term limits is to get enough states together to force term limits on them, and to do that we have to realize that none of the parties fundamental values matter here, and that people have to unite for one, and ONLY one reason. To put term limits into effect for our legislative branch. People have a difficult time being able to separate the two though, so getting people to unite in this fashion will be difficult at best. Some folks just can't put down the party banner and unite with others with philosophies that differ, they just can't handle anyone that doesn't agree with them about every little thing. I actually support what Trump is trying to do, but I cringe when he sends out another tweet, or runs his mouth making bold claims. So on one hand I agree with making America great again, we need to realize that if we are going to help people from other places come here and live a better life, we need to be strong before we attempt it..

Why Are Clapper And Brennan Not In Jail?

The clearest of all the laws concerning U.S. intelligence is Section 798, 18 U.S. Code - widely known in the Intelligence Community as “the Comint Statute,” or “the 10 and 10.” Unlike other laws, this is a “simple liability” law. Motivation, context, identity, matter not at all. You violate it, you are guilty and are punished accordingly.

Here it is:

(a) Whoever knowingly and willfully communicates, furnishes, transmits, or otherwise makes available to an unauthorized person, . . . any classified information—

(1) concerning the nature, preparation, or use of any code, cipher, or cryptographic system of the United States or any foreign government; or

(2) concerning the design, construction, use, maintenance, or repair of any device, apparatus, or appliance used or prepared or planned for use by the United States …or

(3) concerning the communication intelligence activities of the United States or any foreign government; or

(4) obtained by the processes of communication intelligence . . .

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

On December 9 and 10, 2016, the New York Times and the Washington Post independently reported that anonymous senior intelligence officials had told them that, based on intercepted communications, the intelligence agencies agreed that Russia had hacked the Democratic National Committee to help Donald Trump win the election. Their evidence was the fact of their access to U.S communications intelligence. A flood of subsequent stories also cited allegations by “senior intelligence officials” that “intercepted communications” and “intercepted calls” showed that “members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election.”

Incontrovertibly, the officials who gave these stories to the Times and Post violated the Comint Statute, and are subject to the “10 and 10” for each count. There is no clearer instance of what the governing law is, of how it was violated, and of the punishment that this incurs.

Consequently, there is no clearer indictment of our legal system than the fact that no one has been prosecuted for these violations, much less punished.

Nor is there any doubt as to who at least two of these “senior intelligence officials” are: Former CIA director John Brennan and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper.

Beginning in January 2017, Brennan and Clapper made essentially the same statements on national television. The only possible excuse—that their allegations were lies—is irrelevant because the essence of the violation is the revelation that U.S intelligence was monitoring the communications of the Russians in America, and those of the Trump campaign as well. This is true, and that revelation is a textbook violation of the Comint Statute.

The reasons no prosecutions have followed should be plain enough. The offenders are big people, in the permanent government and in the Democratic Party. They have a great many friends in the U.S Justice Department. From the top down, the Trump Administration has been filled by much smaller people. Loud words aside, the president has kowtowed to the intelligence agencies in every way imaginable. No prominent Republican has chosen to challenge the de facto privileged relationship between Democrats in the intelligence agencies and the media.

And so, Brennan and Clapper continue as living proof that the United States has a dual system of justice. The example of their impunity speaks louder than any speech, and reassures their leftist successors in the intelligence agencies that their channel to the Times and Post is as safe as ever. 

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Please refrain from posting these Trump ridiculous deep state conspiracy tweets.  If you Trumpsters have eyes to see or ears to hear you would read the Muller report and realize that Trump has told you over 10,000 lies so far in his despicable Russian elected presidency. The only thing that we know for sure is that Trump and his first family of crime colluded with Putin and his Russian spies to steal the 2016 election.  I do not agree with a president who loves a North Korean war criminal who starves his people, murders his political adversaries and threatens the world with a nuclear armageddon. I also do not take the word of a Russian ex-KGB agent over that of our entire intelligence community.  I use this site to gain information about oil not to hear diatribes from right wing Trump supporters.  I can watch Fox Fake Faux Trump TV to get that crap.

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, drpsychout said:

Please refrain from posting these Trump ridiculous deep state conspiracy tweets.  If you Trumpsters have eyes to see or ears to hear you would read the Muller report and realize that Trump has told you over 10,000 lies so far in his despicable Russian elected presidency. The only thing that we know for sure is that Trump and his first family of crime colluded with Putin and his Russian spies to steal the 2016 election.  I do not agree with a president who loves a North Korean war criminal who starves his people, murders his political adversaries and threatens the world with a nuclear armageddon. I also do not take the word of a Russian ex-KGB agent over that of our entire intelligence community.  I use this site to gain information about oil not to hear diatribes from right wing Trump supporters.  I can watch Fox Fake Faux Trump TV to get that crap.

Your desire to ban information you think is false really is an acknowledgment of the truth of this information as is your disingenuous claim that you come to this website strictly for oil information. These are the actions of the tyrants you claim Trump loves and who cannot tolerate opposing viewpoints.

You simply are having a difficult time accepting it because it contradicts the brainwashing carried out daily by the msm.

No one forces you to browse the forum boards. No one forces you to click on trending discussions.

I will continue to post topics of geopolitical interest in the geopolitical forum board

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, shadowkin said:

Your desire to ban information you think is false really is an acknowledgment of the truth of this information as is your disingenuous claim that you come to this website strictly for oil information. These are the actions of the tyrants you claim Trump loves and who cannot tolerate opposing viewpoints.

You simply are having a difficult time accepting it because it contradicts the brainwashing carried out daily by the msm.

No one forces you to browse the forum boards. No one forces you to click on trending discussions.

I will continue to post topics of geopolitical interest in the geopolitical forum board

It is not 'banning information', it's highlighting the fact that extremists are misrepresenting or just (as in your case) making shit up.

The fact that this is not only supported but endorsed by oilprice.com is a travesty as is the utter lack of moderation of what can only be described as extremist political views unrelated to the supposed purpose of the forum channel.

Edited by Kariel
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

(edited)

16 minutes ago, Kariel said:

It is not 'banning information', it's highlighting the fact that extremists are misrepresenting or just (as in your case) making shit up.

The fact that this is not only supported but endorsed by oilprice.com is a travesty as is the utter lack of moderation of what can only be described as extremist political views unrelated to the supposed purpose of the forum channel.

Semantics Jeffrey. He wants people to self-censor which is effectively banning this info. Nothing you've posted in this thread or your lame thread copying my headline refutes any facts presented (which is also supported by the state media). All you can do is mindlessly claim they are false with no evidence in support and continue in meltdown mode.

Edited by shadowkin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I admit I thought - and kind of hoped - the report would be more damning against Trump.  That said, it was far from "complete exoneration" like some like to think and say. 

Both sides were a disgrace.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

I admit I thought - and kind of hoped - the report would be more damning against Trump.  That said, it was far from "complete exoneration" like some like to think and say. 

Both sides were a disgrace.

And here I was, thinking you were this Canadian sitting up there in the Frozen North, worrying about Trudeau and what might happen with the pipeline to BC, and you are hoping about some outcome to some ridiculous balderdash "report" about Washington insiders!  Amazing. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

31 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

And here I was, thinking you were this Canadian sitting up there in the Frozen North, worrying about Trudeau and what might happen with the pipeline to BC, and you are hoping about some outcome to some ridiculous balderdash "report" about Washington insiders!  Amazing. 

Our politics don't reach the Jerry Springer level of entertainment as the US* - but it is getting close.

Randy from the Trailer Park Boys was elected as premier of Alberta.

*Edit. Not since the passing of Doug the crackhead Ford.

Edited by Enthalpic
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

*Edit. Not since the passing of Doug the crackhead Ford.

I would give you the Purple Cup for Great Response, but I am limited to only one Kudo!  Still laughing here. 

On 4/23/2019 at 12:16 PM, Vic Edwards said:

But I watch this and other sites with interest to at least recognize when oil is being manipulated to an extreme degree. And right now, April 23, it is at its height, with news about blocking nations from trading with Iran seemingly justifying raising the price of crude despite an admitted world glut of oil. Let's say I come to this site with a skeptical eye, noticing the Russian author here, for instance.

Vic, welcome aboard, you make an interesting point, and I did mean to respond to your first post much earlier.  Good to hear from you.  As to the "Russian author," once you get to know the starting points of the various posters, you will be able to sift through the underlying thinking of the poster to see where they are coming from.  I try to avoid getting loaded with personal bias, but admit that I do slip up sometimes.  When I do, I get pounced on by the sharp-eyed readers, and that's fine.  

Be sure to post more often, it will be fascinating to hear your viewpoint from the Midwest.  Your experience in the oilfields would be most interesting and valuable.  Cheers. 

On 4/12/2019 at 8:13 PM, shadowkin said:

Yup. It's one of the most amazing political elections in history. He had the entire state apparatus against him. This includes, especially, the media. Even members of his own party.

Even more amazing is he survived this coup attempt.

If you're an atheist it's enough to make you a believer in some sort of invisible hand.

Eric Schmidt is evil. I don't like to throw the word evil around because it's used too often but it applies here. 

Google was working on Project Dragonfly. It was essentially a censored search engine for China. They would censor whatever words or content the Chinese Communist Party wanted. To their credit some employees leaked this effort and now Google says it won't deploy it. I've no doubt, however, they continue to work on it until things quiet down.

Google is also working with the Chinese on AI. This has led General Dunford, Chairman of the JCS, to meet with Google since this technology will benefit the Chinese military, hence, the CCP.

Recall that Google decided not to continue working with the Pentagon on Project Maven for fear it could be used to identify targets, for example.

Google is so desperate to get back into the Chinese market that they are willing to get into bed with the Chinese.

What they don't understand is that China will never let Google in their market so long as it's ruled by the CCP. To stay in power the CCP need to control information. An unfettered search engine is anathema to that goal.

They are going to steal everything they can from Google while dangling the prospect of letting them in. When they've got what they want they'll sever ties with Google and continue to keep them out.

Just imagine the things Google would have been able to get away with, here and abroad, if Hillary had won.

There were many others in support of Trump too. For example, Indian govt helped Trump in some ways. USA military and military intelligence supported Trump too. Also, there were many things which were wrong with Democrats that Trump could have exploited to the maximum. Chinese may not have exactly have a hand here.They are just profiteers.

On 4/13/2019 at 11:20 PM, TXPower said:

If Trump wins re-election it will be very bad for the “deep state” whether that deep state be monolithic, systemic or isolated.  Think of it thusly, remember when Obozo told Medvedev, “After my election I have more flexibility”?  Trump will be in the same boat as Obozo was.  Termed out, beholden to almost no one with the added bonus of spoiling for a fight.  Has anyone forgotten his vindictiveness?  

Heads are going to roll on this.  Now, it won’t reach to his imminence Obozo (calm yourself hope and change acolytes) Folks like him in “democratic societies” rarely ever get their deserved comeuppance.  In third worlds he’d meet a sure and violent end.  But it will reach to very high levels.  In the periphery Sillary will take a hit.  The Clinton Machine no longer has the power it once did and thus her and Slick Willy’s absolute protection, once a forgone conclusion, are now imperiled.  Others like Brennan,  Comey and perhaps Susan Rice will pay.  They won’t betray Obozo as the true puppet master on the deal and thus it will be their pound of flesh that is paid.  Let’s call them necessary sacrifices.

Unfortunately still, so many American Voters can’t see the real picture here.  What has been done by the folks who hatched this Russian Collusion malarkey can’t  be undone.  The damage to our Republic can’t be undone.  It doesn’t matter whether you love or hate Trump, this episode represents the truth about where we are as a nation.  Some in our country have become so overwhelmingly partisan that they don’t give a damn about respecting the law and the peaceful transfer of power which is the hallmark of our country.  I’m fighting mad about it and everyone else should be as well.  I’d be equally angry if Bush Jr. had done this to Obozo.  This mess shouldn’t offend your sensibilities in terms of your politics or party ideology.  It should offend your sense of Freedom, Right and Wrong, party be damned.

The deep state is oil producing Muslims. As long as they have oil and oil is needed for the world, none can d anything about it. The ultimate power always rests with control of natural resources

On 4/15/2019 at 2:13 PM, Uvuvwevwevwe Onyetenyevwe Ugwemuhwem Osas said:

Sadly, this is a common mistake that Americans and Christians make.  There is a principle called the "Golden rule" which we all know as "do unto others as you wish them to do unto you".  Westerners expect kindness to be rewarded with reciprocal kindness.  However, countries with one party rule or with dictators do not see others as equal to them or do not see a need to be fair/reasonable/principled when dealing with others.  They see everyone as subservient to their wants/needs/demands.

I wish Trump good luck negotiating with China, but honestly, I don't see any way to make a reliable, binding deal with China as long as China remains a one-party authoritarian/totalitarian state.  Fundamentally, marxist/communist and quasi marxist/communist countries simply do not respect private property rights.  Making deals/contracts with them will not change the basic tenets of marxism.

I have no evidence of this, but it would not surprise me if China has bribed google executives.

This is what elections are like in China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1HdCIW2Xtk

As far as I can see, the only practical solution is

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decommunization

USA was the biggest pirate in modern history. USA stole the oil from Arabs by fooling them by fake promises. USA is a giant only due to the "petrodollar deal" and vast natural resources inland, not due to its own hard work. Chinese have worked hard, working for 10-12 hours a day for an entire generation from 1980 to 2005 for China to grow like this. Why will China help USA type freeloaders? Now that the Arabs have turned against USA, USA is now facing the heat of getting things which it did not deserve and hence a problem with legacy of high standard of living

On 4/15/2019 at 9:31 PM, Jeff_Calgary said:

After reading and watching for a couple of years now it appears that the US system is quite destroyed at this point. The Democrats have gone off the deep end but they have simply joined the Republicans that had already taken the plunge. I don't really see a solution other than maybe a third party that occupies the center for the remaining sane people but I don't see that happening.

Whether Trump is good or bad -he did and does deserve investigating. He has made that necessary by his actions and his utterances. There obviously was a great deal of collusion going on - maybe just not with Trump himself. Both parties are blind to common sense and the rest of the world is just watching in disbelief as the US drops in standing. It is very unfortunate.

The moment USA handed over its economy to petrodollar collaboration, that was the moment USA lost sovereignty. When things were going good, USA merrily troubled everyone else. But now things are biting back as the Arabs have turned against USA as the Arab oil reserves deplete rapidly

On 4/15/2019 at 11:56 PM, shadowkin said:

In my view American democracy and government as we've known it is finished. We've chipped away at its foundation over a century or more but now sledge hammers are being used with attempted coups like we used to mock in 3rd world countries and the internet and social media have allowed us to witness it in near real time.

Democrats have gone all in as being the party of Islamists and have become, I think, a hostile and enemy entity that should be outlawed and its members imprisoned. Ilhan Omar recently gave a speech before a Muslim terror group (msm calls them a lobbying group) with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, CAIR. In this speech she characterized 9/11 as "some people did something". In other words, she went out of her way to trivialize and mock this Jihadi terror attack.

She belongs in Gitmo, not collecting a federal paycheck as a US representative, an oxymoron if ever there was one.

Trump has attacked her after the fact and the Democrat party, led by Pelosi and AOC, doubled down and defended Omar.

There is a war going on for America's future. Most don't know it because their lives revolve around mindless entertainment and they simply don't care to open their eyes.

This is compounded by the fact that this is a very different type of war, elements of which are not always visible to, or are obscured from, the public.

In reaction an insurgency against leftism is very likely.

I think the future of American government at the federal level is a more powerful executive. Only candidates vetted by an electoral commission will be permitted to run. Perhaps a consultative assembly, in place of the House and Senate, is not elected but whose state concerns are taken into account. Or candidates for House and Senate are also permitted to run or not by an electoral commission.

That is the price you have to pay for petrodollar deal and troubling everyone else using the power of oil. Eve now, USA relies on dollar being international currency for is economy. So, obviously, the oil supplying muslims will be able to meddle with impunity

On 4/18/2019 at 9:09 PM, shadowkin said:

Eisenhower called it the Military Industrial Complex. In 1961.

But after petrodollar deal, it is the Arabs who are the deep state. 

On 4/19/2019 at 10:59 AM, Joe Whitney said:

Wow, I thought I was reading a discussion on oil, but it seems the only being peddled here oil is the kind that comes from a snake! You say Democrats can't stop talking about the 2016 election, but you're the one that brought it up! Tell me again what facts about an election 2 1/2 years ago is relevant to the price of oil today? Other than Trump's decisions regarding pipelines and sanctions on Iran and Venezuela, he and especially Hillary have virtually nothing to do with today's oil market.

Now if you wanted to discuss Trump's actions and how they have affected--and will affect--the price of oil, that might make sense. But posting echo chamber propaganda isn't educating anyone about anything, nor changing anyone's minds. Each side posts only "facts" that support their side, and conveniently leave out any contradictory or mitigating facts. When it comes to politics, nobody is going to change anyone's minds here.

In the end, conservatives are going to agree with conservatives, and liberals with liberals. Yes, oil is more boring than politics, but then again oil is more profitable. Nobody ever made money betting whether Trump's or Pelosi's poll numbers went up or down.

I am sure you understand that the politics is driven by necessity of life. The entire society as a result will be shaped by pressures from those who control the most important natural resources. The most essential item in industrial society if logistics and hence oil. So, as of now, it is oil that is driving the politics. So, this is very well in the limits of oil & its geopolitics

On 4/23/2019 at 4:58 AM, Joe Whitney said:

A coup?!? What do you believe is the meaning of the word? Allegedly attempting to influence an election and overthrowing a government are two vastly different things. And I hate to state the obvious, but if Obama really wanted to make sure Trump wouldn't win, all he had to do was disclose that the FBI was ALSO investigating the Trump campaign, for interactions with the Russians. But he didn't. He wanted to make absolutely sure he did not interfere with the election, to the point of failing to tell the American people of despicable contacts with the tyrant in Moscow and his cronies. He just had no idea he was dealing with people who had no morals and would do anything to win.

And frankly, I'm sick and tired of seeing this stupid headline pop up every time I'm trying to get recent information about the oil market. This should be a non-partisan outlet for finding out about the price of oil, not a bastion for crackpot right-wing conspiracy theorists. That's what Fox News is for!

I hope you understand that investigating opposition candidate will become witch hunting vendetta and does not stick. Otherwise, anyone could simply start investigation against anyone. Investigation is valid only if it has strong rationale and the person being investigated had been occupying a position of power before

On 4/24/2019 at 2:55 AM, SERWIN said:

I've been saying this for years, China does what China wants and be damned anyone that makes any comments about the unfair trade practices that go on in China. If they get penalized, they just move things around to different countries and sell it through them.. "China does what China wants!" The only problem is that the companies that took manufacturing over there would pay a steep price now that they have invested so heavily in a country that could very easily come out tomorrow and just take everything for themselves. International courts are great for suing China, but who can actually make them pay? I can't believe anyone would invest in manufacturing over there, must have had dollar signs clouding their vision.

Even USA does what USA wants. Why point out China for this? China does real manufacturing and hence has a great clout in world economy. USA does ponzi schemes, financial service and bloated overpriced technological goods. So, it is USA fault that it does not manufacture as much as China. Blaming Chinese for their hard work is absurd.

• Haha 1

I do not understand why people who own oil stocks or have investments in oil royalty properties are not complaining about Trump's attempts to jawbone the price of crude down.  I do understand that low gasoline prices at the pump are good for Trump but not so much for people who are investing in the oil and gas industry.

8 hours ago, Bhimsen Pachawry said:

Even USA does what USA wants. Why point out China for this? China does real manufacturing and hence has a great clout in world economy. USA does ponzi schemes, financial service and bloated overpriced technological goods. So, it is USA fault that it does not manufacture as much as China. Blaming Chinese for their hard work is absurd.

It is also the fault of the Chinese gov't that they back industries in China, unlike the USA. It is hard to compete with that kind of support. And don't even try to tell us that China doesn't use slave labor, can't compete with that either. I personally believe we should be cutting China off due to the inhumane things the communist gov't does to their people, it's inhumane the way some people is treated over there. We should cut off all manufactured goods from there, they use toxic materials, they lie on testing reports just to get rid of substandard items, if they are penalized for these actions they skirt regulations by sending goods through another country trying to pass them off as made there instead of China. It's a bad deal all the way around for America and now that we have a POTUS saying "no more", everyone else in the world is irate that we aren't sitting back and taking the crap deals that other idiot presidents agreed to. I am almost positive that the only reason any of these deals went through is that a friend of the sitting president stood to make a lot of money.... Chinese goods are, for the most part, really crappy. I have worked in companies that had manufacturing over there and they don't seem to have the tech skills to solve problems, the company had to send engineers over to show them how to deal with the simplest of problems. I also believe we could very easily go without a lot of those goods shipped over here, they are just filler for the city dumps. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1