Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Horgan Cares about BC Gas Prices Now

"If expanding oil-refining capacity in Western Canada could provide a relief valve for the pressure pushing up B.C. gas prices, Premier John Horgan suggested Friday that Alberta would be a better place to do so.

“Most refineries are usually close to the source of the product,” Horgan said during a media availability in Langford, just outside Victoria. “I would suggest Alberta has more expertise in this area and it might be a better place for new refining capacity.”" Here.

How is this green and environmental is what I want to know. Shouldn't high prices at the pump be good news for greenery as they would eventually discourage drivers from driving so much ad emitting all those emissions? I am emphatically not being ironic. It's pretty simple logic. If you really care about your environment you'd do more than just barking against a pipeline.

17 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

"If expanding oil-refining capacity in Western Canada could provide a relief valve for the pressure pushing up B.C. gas prices, Premier John Horgan suggested Friday that Alberta would be a better place to do so.

“Most refineries are usually close to the source of the product,” Horgan said during a media availability in Langford, just outside Victoria. “I would suggest Alberta has more expertise in this area and it might be a better place for new refining capacity.”" Here.

How is this green and environmental is what I want to know. Shouldn't high prices at the pump be good news for greenery as they would eventually discourage drivers from driving so much ad emitting all those emissions? I am emphatically not being ironic. It's pretty simple logic. If you really care about your environment you'd do more than just barking against a pipeline.

Well he has a proposed Pipeline (that he’s against) that would flow extra product to the Lower Mainland of BC. Now all that’s needed is a refinery on the end of it - should solve his problem. It actually kills 2 birds with one stone:

- helps provide additional product to his district 

- by virtue would help curtail some of that “dreaded” tanker traffic, as a large portion of crude shipped would be used to make product, that would be predominantly used in the same district it is refined. 

Of course, none of this will ever happen.