Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SK

Trump gives oil price lip service for the benefit of his base. Trump sucks up to Saudi/OPEC for the Big Deal, TRUMP/KUSHNER Mideast Palestinian/Israeli peace deal coming in June

(edited)

Trump actually wants higher oil prices.  He gladly takes credit for shale boom, as did Obama. Neither deserve credit.  The technology deserves the credit.  US Shale would be here regardless, with or without both.

Eventually basic supply and demand economics will prevail.  

My opinion the TRUMP/KUSHNER Mideast Peace Plan will fail.  Read the early reviews.  Will not work. Sandi's playing Trump like a fiddle.  Feed his ego and he'll do anything you ask.

IMF is correct.   Arabian peninsula instability could increase in coming years.

Edited by Falcon

Hello JJCar

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2019 at 11:13 AM, Falcon said:

Trump actually wants higher oil prices.  He gladly takes credit for shale boom, as did Obama. Neither deserve credit.  The technology deserves the credit.  US Shale would be here regardless, with or without both.

Eventually basic supply and demand economics will prevail.  

My opinion the TRUMP/KUSHNER Mideast Peace Plan will fail.  Read the early reviews.  Will not work. Sandi's playing Trump like a fiddle.  Feed his ego and he'll do anything you ask.

IMF is correct.   Arabian peninsula instability could increase in coming years. 

I'm curious to read the IMF's opinion; do you have a link to it? 

(edited)

Trump actually wants higher oil prices ? only if he does not want to get reelected. $3 a gallon gas and voters take notice at the pump. $4 a gallon gas and voters look for someone to blame (unless your in California)

Edited by notsonice
  • Like 1

Falcon, can you tell me what technology was responsible for the shale boom?

• Like 1

The fact is Trump needs $55, probably more like $60+.  Oil and Gas probably amounts to 5%+ of GDP.  You take $40 oil and shale is decimated, if you think we are on the cusp of recession it would be the brick that breaks the camels back.  Not like $45 oil is gonna spur massive economic growth anyway. The sweet spot is somewhere between $60 and $75 wti IMO .

(edited)

Point #1.  Election still a ways off. If prices don't come down Trump has the perfect foil, " I tried, it's OPECs fault.

Point #2.  With 700 rockets fired into Israel yesterday, Jared might want to hold off presenting his proposal for a while. 

Shale producers that locked in WTI prices in $60s are good for a while.   The WTI price shale producers are viable will continue downward.  

Edited by Falcon