MG

Will Canada drop Liberals, vote in Conservatives?

As the Trudeau Liberals continue to politically stumble, the Western Provinces seem to have had quite enough.  But it gets even worse for Justin Trudeau, a son of the fabled Grand Master of Canadian politics:  Pierre Elliot Trudeau, the former Justice Minister voted in as Prime Minister "way back when," during the uprising of the FLQ  (Front de Liberation du Quebec).  That was roughly 1970.  Times change.  Then again, maybe not:

image.png.282b7b2477a38645395c2eff058e6c7e.png

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Canada's pendulum seems ready to swing back hard to Conservative after getting quite enough of their fill of Justin Trudeau's Liberal increase taxes and kill jobs to stop global warming nonsense.

• Like 2

I lived in Canada in the 1970's. One of my co-workers from the time told me that he voted for Justin Trudeau as being the 'least worst' choice. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

However, Canadian elections in general are 'least worst' contests. Barely anyone there knows what they're doing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Canada's pendulum seems ready to swing back hard to Conservative after getting quite enough of their fill of Justin Trudeau's Liberal increase taxes and kill jobs to stop global warming nonsense.

I am a dual citizen retired in Calgary.  A Green Party candidate just won a by-election on Vancouver Island.  Justin Trudeau's stated today that this is a sign his Climate Agenda is what Canadians want.  (This only makes two Greens in Parliment.) I wish I could have asked him if he was aware that he and the people of Canada had been brainwashed by Tides Foundation and others for 10 years or more?  Paid for by Rockefellers, Heinz, and others (well documented) to stop competition from the oilsands.  Elites had identified their threat that long ago. Our new Alberta Premier knows that.  Trudeau's advisor Gerald Butts had to resign recently over the SNC Lavalin scandal.  Was Trudeau aware of the suspicious large payment made to Butts from his former environmental organization?  Butts had also advised the former Liberal government of Ontario on green initiatives and that province ran up a per capital debt greater than in California!  The new PC premier Doug Ford is trying to clean up the mess.

It seems that more reasonable jurisdictions are targeting about 25% EV's in the future.  Carmakers seem to agree. Not unreasonable considering most people commute in big cities.  But 75% or so will still need fossil fuels and most of the electricity will come from fossil fuels.  Demand for gasoline and diesel will decline only as much as renewable power generation comes on line. Few are patient to wait for long charge times except in their garages (if they have one) overnight.  Life cycle cost of an EV is probably higher than fossil fueled vehicles.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

One of my co-workers from the time told me that he voted for Justin Trudeau as being the 'least worst' choice.

Just for the record, in the 1970's that was Justin's dad Pierre Elliott Trudeau.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

As the Trudeau Liberals continue to politically stumble, the Western Provinces seem to have had quite enough.  But it gets even worse for Justin Trudeau, a son of the fabled Grand Master of Canadian politics:  Pierre Elliot Trudeau, the former Justice Minister voted in as Prime Minister "way back when," during the uprising of the FLQ  (Front de Liberation du Quebec).  That was roughly 1970.  Times change.  Then again, maybe not:

image.png.282b7b2477a38645395c2eff058e6c7e.png

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/05/07/canadian-man-who-insists-on-using-male-pronouns-ordered-to-pay-transgender-woman/

Is anyone paying attention to the conservative gains in Europe and many other places? See Conservatism Around the World

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1twQ_yBtl-FPwhXf2mYA7qvGj1D8yts8El0m8nObWxuU/edit

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Just for the record, in the 1970's that was Justin's dad Pierre Elliott Trudeau.

I had this conversation two years ago. I met my co-worker friend in the 1970's, but I've stayed in touch.

• Upvote 1

Ping pong political voting of mostly voting back and forth between two parties every election.  An exercise in popular frustration due to what appears to be limited political options and stagnation.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

17 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Interest rates went up several times under the Liberals which did not go up under the Conservatives.  

Edited by canadas canadas
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

However, Canadian elections in general are 'least worst' contests. Barely anyone there knows what they're doing.

I believe America has been playing the 'least worst' political game for decades if not longer. 

• Upvote 1

(edited)

Just did the math.  NDP left AB taxpayers on the hook for $1.2 billion to retire coal fired generation early.  If over 10 years that is roughly $13 per month per household.  Add $20 carbon tax I paid for gas home heating just in March this year.  None of this money will go toward solving global warming.  It was -20C all month so I couidn't save.

Now add the cost to convert those retired coal plants (40% of AB power generation) or build new natural gas power generation.

The methane in "clean" nat gas reacts with oxygen to make carbon dioxide and water.  So how much CO2  would be saved compared to burning coal  (carbon plus oxygen also yields CO2) ?  At what cost ?  Sulphur and particulates have been removed for decades.  Isn't CO2 reduction the point ?

Get China and India onboard if we want to make a dent in global warming.  The US has reduced emmisions to 1990 levels although that is large.

I will send a note to Jason Kenney and Andrew Scheer.  There ought to be a law that engineers publish a cost/benifit analysis  for major changes in energy policy before governments debate and vote. 

Edited by WayneMechEng
spelling
  • Upvote 1

On 5/8/2019 at 10:39 AM, canadas canadas said:

Ping pong political voting of mostly voting back and forth between two parties every election.  An exercise in popular frustration due to what appears to be limited political options and stagnation.

Elites intentionally select opposing candidates so that either one will support their globalist views.  That way the elites keep power regardless of the voters's choice.  Thus your astute observation of the ping pong effect since voters are never satisfied.  Check out the Bilderburgers role in world leader selection.

Candidate Trump was not "ordained" by the globalist elite so faces opposition from all sides.  He does have a lot of popular support, however.

• Like 3

The PPC is the only non globalist party in Canada. As for a lot of people voting green, I guarantee most of them have no idea what they actually stand for.

Just as people voted for the liberals believing they would get legal marijuana and union jobs, nope they got half a million refugees and a carbon tax.

The green voters on vancouver island think they will get giant EV subsidies and  a cool new car. They will in fact be getting a bike lane, bicycle not included. And the box your bike comes in for you to sleep in. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Unless I am mistaken, is not Canada still the number one source of imported crude oil into the U.S.?

However, I remember when reading Yergin's book "The Prize" Canada was not mentioned very much.

Our conservatism should be,and is nothing like, the conservatism cough....nationalism....we see in Europe and south of the border.