Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TD

Iran's Master Plan?

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Irans-Master-Plan-To-Beat-US-Sanctions.html#

Interesting...I would think the Main goal of Trump and the Gulf States is at a Minimum to Ham-String in the Long-Term the Iranians so they are not a Threat to the Somewhat Weak Arab Kingdoms and Hezbollah's Missiles and Military threat to Isreal.  If this is True Putin is playing a Tough game of Chess with Trump but if Putin were to Support Iran this would Really Piss off The Saudis and Tremendously raise the Stakes in The Middle East.  Throw in a Chinese Wild Card here and we could be looking at a Big war (Don't think the Chinese are nowhere near ready for it tho) Iran a Client State of Russia?  I have seen Stranger Bedfellows.  The Author is Correct about the Women who now inhabit the halls of Power in "Most" of Europe.

I don’t know if the Russians give a fig about KSA. KSA invited them in, Russia has been sympatico with Iran since we fell out with Iran. Russia is no-lose with KSA.

MBS has a gift for poor international choices, show me one significant policy that hasn’t hurt the country internationally. He is a master at KSA internal politics. But such a rube elsewhere.

On 5/7/2019 at 11:31 PM, tldpdb1 said:

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/Irans-Master-Plan-To-Beat-US-Sanctions.html#

Interesting...I would think the Main goal of Trump and the Gulf States is at a Minimum to Ham-String in the Long-Term the Iranians so they are not a Threat to the Somewhat Weak Arab Kingdoms and Hezbollah's Missiles and Military threat to Isreal.  If this is True Putin is playing a Tough game of Chess with Trump but if Putin were to Support Iran this would Really Piss off The Saudis and Tremendously raise the Stakes in The Middle East.  Throw in a Chinese Wild Card here and we could be looking at a Big war (Don't think the Chinese are nowhere near ready for it tho) Iran a Client State of Russia?  I have seen Stranger Bedfellows.  The Author is Correct about the Women who now inhabit the halls of Power in "Most" of Europe.

Iran Admits: Tanking Oil Revenue Cripples Country

In contrast to previously defiant statements that Iran will withstand any sanctions of its ‘enemies’, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani admitted on Tuesday that it is now very difficult to run the country with severely crippled oil revenues.

“Although we have some other incomes, the only revenue that can keep the country going is the oil money,” Radio Farda quoted Rouhani as saying, when he commented on the reduced oil revenues because of the U.S. sanctions on its oil industry and exports.  ...

(edited)

"Shiites believe, half of the true believers will ride from Yemen carrying white flags to Mecca, while the other half will ride from Karbala, in Iraq, carrying black flags to Mecca."  One cannot underestimate the role that religious prophecy and belief plays with regards to Iran's Shiite theocracy. Thus, their goal is to eventually take over Mecca in Sunni Saudi Arabia via Yemen (Houthis?) and Iraq (Popular Mobilization Units?). Iran's threats to take over Jerusalem which for Shiites actually comes after Mecca, Medina, Karbala, Najaf, Qom, etc. (and not after Medina like for Sunnis) appear to be made for distracting Sunnis from Mecca being the real goal.

Edited by canadas canadas
  • Like 1

Read After the Profit: The Epic Story of the Shia-Sunni Split in Islam sometime. Lesley Hazleton is very readable, almost like a historical novel.

It was well after the initial split that a ruler of Persia sort of militarized and nationalized Shia to make it more or less the official version for Persia. 

Mohammad MPBO himself prayed facing Jerusalem, though I believe after the first Hadj Mecca was the direction for prayers. 

Persia didn't really bother with Mecca in the heyday of their empires as they did with Jerusalem. I suspect the nothingness of the Medina and Mecca from a commerce and prosperity perspective is they why. The Palestinians by and large are Sunni, not Shia. But Hezbullah is far more effective at representing their struggles then say, KSA. The Hashemites, rulers of Jordan, have direct lineage back to the Profit, but I don't think they are Shia. The Hashemites have been the formal protector of the third holy mosque, and the church of ascension, for a long, long, time.

The Hashemites were also the stewards of Mecca and Madena for a time, and probably felt betrayed by the Brits and French as the Ottoman empire was carved up. At time the Rashidis and Saudis were fighting it out in the power vacuum left by a crumbling Ottoman empire. The Sauds had the upper hand when WW1 ended. The powers in the KSA would have probably kept going back and forth had not oil come along and allow for a very successful patronage system. The Rashidis are still powerful. They were the family that initiated the Sunni track, and the last tribe in the region to accept Islam. 

Now it's really about the money and the oil IMHO. But a religious tint helps the masses embrace it for a higher cause.