Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Can Bitcoin Reach $125,000?

One bitcoin bull says the cryptocurrency could hit $125,000 in five years. Is this really possible or is it the usual bull talk?

Anything's possible, but this is a highly erratic market--extreme volatility. We've seen that just this past week (among others). Right now it's way too hard to call given the volatility. The uncertain regulatory environment hit them hard this week. 

And the collapse of BitConnect put a bit of a damper on the market this week, too. For those unaware, BitConnect was a crypto exchange that was operated anonymously and accused of running a Ponzi scheme using its BCC currency. 

Fear of trading ban in South Korea caused the biggest crash this week. Crypto market capitalizations lost $200 billion largely over this. 

Yeah, saw that Bitcoin hit lowest since November in mid-week, down to $9,400, but then recovered a bit to over $11,0000. 

$125,000 I guess is possible, though not terribly likely in this atmosphere. If it reached that, it wouldn't maintain it. But given that it's so volatile, I expect massive price swings for some time. 

I have absolutely no idea what Bitcoin is or how it works, all I want to know is can you buy kitchen cabinet and microwave with it:)

Virtual world  is an invincible. BTC is at the same level it was 6 weeks ago - and is still up 1140% . It could go down 90%, and still most people who’ve been calling bubble in the past 4y would be wrong.... 

Something new - Banking group Nordea bans bitcoin trading! 

As I know - banks can't ban Bitcoin trading. Trading takes place on different exchanges. If banks allow money to reach exchanges, money can be used to trade bitcoin or any other coin or token. I don't understand their decision.

2 hours ago, Petar said:

Something new - Banking group Nordea bans bitcoin trading! 

As I know - banks can't ban Bitcoin trading. Trading takes place on different exchanges. If banks allow money to reach exchanges, money can be used to trade bitcoin or any other coin or token. I don't understand their decision.

they're not talking about banning it with clients, they are talking about banning their employees from trading bitcoin

South Korea is now going to hit cryptocurrency exchanges with massive back taxes for last year ... that's going to hurt. 

Yes, Nordea is smart.

18 hours ago, Pavel said:

I have absolutely no idea what Bitcoin is or how it works, all I want to know is can you buy kitchen cabinet and microwave with it:)

That's what I'd like to know too. So far I've heard that some organizations accept donations in bitcoin and I heard it here. But, can I buy a car with a couple bitcoins?

South Korea says it's not going to ban crypto exchanges, but it has uncovered $600 million in 'illegal' trades so far.

I don't see Bitcoin hitting 125,000 because many think that Bitcoin is just the 'gateway drug' to other cryptocurrencies. It's a new but already over-used cliche, but it does makes sense in this case. Sort of like the 'AOL' of email perhaps. 

57 minutes ago, Carlsbad said:

I don't see Bitcoin hitting 125,000 because many think that Bitcoin is just the 'gateway drug' to other cryptocurrencies. It's a new but already over-used cliche, but it does makes sense in this case. Sort of like the 'AOL' of email perhaps. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1UY7eDRXrs

Well, it looks like bitcoin is completely crashing right now... hitting the $8000 briefly

Everything is totally overheated in stocks, and unlike crypto there is no realistic large upside, especially considering its primarily tech stocks pushing those gains. When stock market goes sideways or falls, I guarantee a lot of that money is going to go looking to crypto.

I can't see Bitcoin reaching $125,000, at least not in this year. I think $50,000 is a real possibility for Bitcoin in 2018, but this is going to require some re-allocation from stocks to Bitcoin.

$8,500 by this afternoon. It looks like Bitcoin is in trouble. 

It's super volatile. We'll ride it out. Cryptocurrencies have been crashing about once a month. 

This whole crypto thing is just getting started, but the problem now is that there is no way to measure the real value of a cryptocurrency.