3 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

They're calling it beautiful and are clearly very proud of hacking OMV's site to publish false info. I'm reminded of a book by Paul Sussman.

Extinction Rebellion Behind OMV Hoax

Would they have been able to use the internet or any of the devices they used to hack and post without fossil fuels? they would be sending smoke signals !!!!!!

• Like 2

I'll give them points for making clear their agenda.

===============

The outlined “Long Term Sustainable Development Plan” provides an ambitious path towards decarbonisation – which is, by Extinction Rebellion standards, not even close to what we want: net zero emissions by 2025!

Keep it in the ground!

• Great Response! 1

12 minutes ago, ceo_energemsier said:

Would they have been able to use the internet or any of the devices they used to hack and post without fossil fuels? they would be sending smoke signals !!!!!!

That's one fact that is way too painful for the radicals to acknowledge. I think that's part of what makes them radical. Normal people concerned about the environment know it and know the way's long. But they're not giving up.

11 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

net zero emissions by 2025

I think only a major outbreak can do this. Major-major. The Stand-like major. But I'm sure they all want to survive.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I'll give them points for making clear their agenda.

===============

The outlined “Long Term Sustainable Development Plan” provides an ambitious path towards decarbonisation – which is, by Extinction Rebellion standards, not even close to what we want: net zero emissions by 2025!

Keep it in the ground!

For zero emissions, they should collectively cease to procreate and breathe !!! :D🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Their demand number 3 scares me more than their first 2 demands. "Climate and ecological justice".

From their website:

Extinction Rebellion - Our Demands

Extinction Rebellion is an international apolitical network using non-violent direct action to persuade governments to act on the Climate and Ecological Emergency. 

We have three demands in the UK:

1. Tell the truth

Government must tell the truth by declaring a climate and ecological emergency, working with other institutions to communicate the urgency for change.

2. Act Now

Government must act now to halt biodiversity loss and reduce greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2025.

Beyond Politics

Government must create and be led by the decisions of a Citizens’ Assembly on climate and ecological justice.

Citizens Assembly? Sounds like Bolshevism to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

Yes , Bullschittism!!!!! ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ronwagn said:

1b29d2b44b910d00c816483f7befbcefb7ebd333142fb5feb32c7702548a70c2.jpg

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, ceo_energemsier said:

For zero emissions, they should collectively cease to procreate and breathe !!!

I agree. Zero emissions require a solid reduction in the size of human population. Why not start with the most passionate volunteers for the planet's wellbeing? It only makes sense.

5 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Government must tell the truth by declaring a climate and ecological emergency

Translation: government must tell what we say is the truth, right? Felix Dzerdzhinsky and his pals would have loved to see that. Oh, the irony of history!

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1