Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

Russia vs Turkey - "Fight" About Northern Part Of Syria

(edited)

By the latest information Turkey plans direct military action against territory held by Kurdish militia, potentially opening a new front in Syria’s civil war. This step could opening Pandora's box. In same time Turkey has accused Russia for collaboration with Kurd's. On the other side, The U.S.  State Department called on Turkey "to focus on the fight against Islamic State militants and not to take military action in Afrin".Very, very, interesting...

Edited by Petar

Looks like they are starting... BBC one hour ago:"Turkey steps up Syria shelling as invasion of Afrin looms..Turkish Defence Minister Nurettin Canikli said the shelling was the "de-facto start" of a planned invasion of Afrin."

Here we go again!!!.. Will people ever learn some lesson...So sad.

Now, we expecting next move form Russia, Assad, and of course Iran!

I believe, how U.S. will not be satisfied with Turkish action on North. ISIS is priority, but Turkey wants destroy Kurdish territory at any cost.

With this kind of approach Turkey will help ISIS flourish in Syria. 

The Kurds fight against IS and the Turks fight against the Kurds !?

And Turkey is in NATO, like U.S.,France, UK...What will say allies?

It is vital to see which side Russia will take in this after last Turkish move? Russia has around 300 military observers deployed in Afrin and we know the Turks held talks in Moscow yesterday. Turkish media says the Russians withdrew from Afrin, but we should wait for official confirmation.

What a mess?! They're Syrians 1st and foremost. Damascus will help them more then anyway. And, it's a sure Iran will be on their side.Focus must be on ISIS, not on YPG.

In mean time, while we expecting answer from Russia:

Putin takes dip in icy lake to observe an Orthodox Christian ritual  

DT5ZkxgVMAABHqv.jpg

Well, he is in good shape for an old man! 

Kurds play U.S. and Russia off one another, holding onto cards of US military support on one hand, and Russian willingness to give Kurds seats at peace talks on other. Russia also can always offer an escape hatch for Kurds to reconcile with Damascus if no other option.

3 hours ago, damirUSBiH said:

In mean time, while we expecting answer from Russia:

Putin takes dip in icy lake to observe an Orthodox Christian ritual  

DT5ZkxgVMAABHqv.jpg

what a sexy beast!!

You have a sharp eye, Rod:)

The Kurds have wanted their own state for a long, long time. I remember that. I'm not young. But, I'm afraid it will remain just a dream... 

Turkish invasion in Syria passes without condemnation ...

Boris Johnson, Foreign Secretary UK

"Watching developments in Afrin closely.  Turkey is right to want to keep its borders secure.  We share goal of reducing violence and keeping focus on most important task: a political process in Syria that leads to the end of the Asad regime."

When the money get in, usually the honor and moral get out... 

Turkey’s exact problem is the Kurds and has been for the past century. Millions of Kurds wanting equal rights as Turks. Can’t be all of them like a terrorist threat?

Big coutries like UK, France and US are supporting Kurds while they were fighting against IS, they protected them with your war planes,now they are telling this same Kurds are actually bad guys and Turkey needs to be supported...

Kurds in Syria have sacrificed thousands of their life's against Dash terrorist for the sake of all the world especially West and USA in return West and USA allowing Turkey to made invasion on Afrin. I understand how all of us must support fight against DASH/ISIS, but in same time, concrete,  we are talking about a innocent Kurd's which are a victims now.

I agree a country has a right to keep its borders secure. Strange when they starts invasion crossing the border.

Yes. I agree with you. Every country has the right to keep their borders safe. How does that legalize Turkey for sending boots on the ground in Syria? I thought the Kurds gained respect in their victory over ISIS.

I’m afraid keeping your borders secure and invading another country must be seen as two separate things. It seems ok. for Turkey to ethnically cleansed the Kurds .All Kurds are not PKK.