Tom Kirkman

"We cannot be relying on fossil fuels to burn as an energy source at all in our country" - Canadian NDP Political Leader

Remember kids, only you can prevent Canada from using fossil fuels.

ZOMG Eleventy Panic!  Canada Climate Change Armageddon Uber Alles!

20190516_130827.jpg.08c92436c3ebc5fbb582bb876a0f59b7.jpg

Jagmeet Singh has decided to take drastic measures to win over the environmentalist vote, as his NDP continue to falter in the most recent polls.

With the Green Party gaining momentum at a pace they have not previously seen, Singh has apparently decided that a strong environmentalist stance would be the NDP’s new approach to politics.

Jagmeet Singh has made an announcement calling for a “climate emergency” to be declared, going so far as to say that the future of Canada was one without fossil fuels.

“I believe the future of Canada does not include fracking,” said Singh in an announcement Monday. “We cannot be fracking, we cannot be relying on fossil fuels to burn as an energy source at all in our country.” ...

31371y.jpg.29d369cfb64f0705ce31d11a8ed727a9.jpg

I would like to say that I am surprised at the stupidity....but it seems to be an epidemic.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

ZOMG Eleventy Panic!  Canada Climate Change Armageddon Uber Alles!

20190516_130827.jpg.08c92436c3ebc5fbb582bb876a0f59b7.jpg

Jagmeet Singh has decided to take drastic measures to win over the environmentalist vote, as his NDP continue to falter in the most recent polls.

With the Green Party gaining momentum at a pace they have not previously seen, Singh has apparently decided that a strong environmentalist stance would be the NDP’s new approach to politics.

Jagmeet Singh has made an announcement calling for a “climate emergency” to be declared, going so far as to say that the future of Canada was one without fossil fuels.

“I believe the future of Canada does not include fracking,” said Singh in an announcement Monday. “We cannot be fracking, we cannot be relying on fossil fuels to burn as an energy source at all in our country.” ...

31371y.jpg.29d369cfb64f0705ce31d11a8ed727a9.jpg

Perhaps burning cow chips or cow pies as they do in the Punjab would work to keep the heat on!!!!

I see Tom has  already discovered the 3 ring circus that is canadian politics. 

All this talk of the PPC splitting the conservative vote. Well this is welcome news to me. We now have a 3 way split on the envirotard vote! 

Apparently somewhere in the fine print of the green party platform they mention they will require new pipelines from coast to coast to phase out all oil imports before then phasing out canadian domestic oil a decade or so after. 

I think I will just eat my ballot this election. At least that way I get some calories out of the paper. 

• Upvote 2

(edited)

On 5/16/2019 at 1:13 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

Lol. I see a mascot coming soon. Maybe an oil soaked beaver driving a hummer?

Edited by Matthew w
  • Haha 2

On a serious note, your seeing a shift in Canadian politics with Doug Ford's election in Ontario, Jason Kenney in Alberta. Support for Trudeau is waning with the Snc scandal, TMX expansion debacle, and so on. 

Most recent polls put Andrew Sheer ahead, and he's going to capitalize on all of Trudeau's failures. I normally 'eat my ballot' as well Keith, this year for the first time in a long time I'm voting. I do believe a lot of non participants from the previous election will come out of the woodworks and vote the Conservative party into power.

Do take my comments with a grain of salt though, it's a subjective belief founded on the few articles and stories I care to listen to when it comes to politics. 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

4 hours ago, Matthew w said:

On a serious note, your seeing a shift in Canadian politics with Doug Ford's election in Ontario, Jason Kenney in Alberta. Support for Trudeau is waning with the Snc scandal, TMX expansion debacle, and so on. 

Most recent polls put Andrew Sheer ahead, and he's going to capitalize on all of Trudeau's failures. I normally 'eat my ballot' as well Keith, this year for the first time in a long time I'm voting. I do believe a lot of non participants from the previous election will come out of the woodworks and vote the Conservative party into power.

Do take my comments with a grain of salt though, it's a subjective belief founded on the few articles and stories I care to listen to when it comes to politics. 

Maybe take a page from Aussie elections:

Personally, I think what you are going to see in the next Canadian election is the fruits of bottled-up anger.   The "system" is no longer working fr Mr. and Mrs. Average Canadian; the politicians are (dependent on what Party you are looking at) either all wrapped up in apologizing to the natives  (called "First Nations" up there), or are flush with the idea of changing the evolution of the planet, by going to was with "climate change," or are stumbling around with issues of taxation (which they cannot solve) and the currency devaluation (which they cannot solve) and repatriating the Canadians being held hostage in China (and likely condemned to death over there, yet another problem they cannot solve).  

Canadians today are becoming "house poor," with the bulk of their disposable income going into those inflated house mortgage payments.  With the typical house in Metro Toronto over the million dollar mark, nobody can afford to sell in a declining market, and the newly unemployed do not have the cash to float the mortgage.  That makes people angry.  The target of that anger becomes the Government, specifically the Federal Liberal Party, whose Ministers and appointees have crafted the policies that resulted in industrial collapse, currency collapse, a (short term) trade collapse, and now oil collapse.  What comes with that is deflation, income collapse, and employment collapse. 

When you are a welder and you send out a thousand resumes and nobody calls, and you have no income and a wife and children to support, and there is no Province in Canada that is breaking even, then you become alienated and angry.  This election will be about Anger. 

On 5/19/2019 at 4:00 PM, Jan van Eck said:

Personally, I think what you are going to see in the next Canadian election is the fruits of bottled-up anger.   The "system" is no longer working fr Mr. and Mrs. Average Canadian; the politicians are (dependent on what Party you are looking at) either all wrapped up in apologizing to the natives  (called "First Nations" up there), or are flush with the idea of changing the evolution of the planet, by going to was with "climate change," or are stumbling around with issues of taxation (which they cannot solve) and the currency devaluation (which they cannot solve) and repatriating the Canadians being held hostage in China (and likely condemned to death over there, yet another problem they cannot solve).  

Canadians today are becoming "house poor," with the bulk of their disposable income going into those inflated house mortgage payments.  With the typical house in Metro Toronto over the million dollar mark, nobody can afford to sell in a declining market, and the newly unemployed do not have the cash to float the mortgage.  That makes people angry.  The target of that anger becomes the Government, specifically the Federal Liberal Party, whose Ministers and appointees have crafted the policies that resulted in industrial collapse, currency collapse, a (short term) trade collapse, and now oil collapse.  What comes with that is deflation, income collapse, and employment collapse. 

When you are a welder and you send out a thousand resumes and nobody calls, and you have no income and a wife and children to support, and there is no Province in Canada that is breaking even, then you become alienated and angry.  This election will be about Anger. 

I couldn't agree more, I guess time will tell.

Just to add, take a look at Canadian debt to income, it's at 170%, the highest ever. 

https://www.bankofcanada.ca/2018/05/canada-economy-household-debt-how-big-the-problem/