Ward Smith

New York State, architects of their own demise?

Over in the other window, In a surprise to no one, New York cuts off its nose to spite its face

In an unsurprising move, the New York state authorities rejected a proposal for a new natural gas pipeline that would have supplied 400 million cu ft of natural gas daily to the state where energy demand is growing, but so is fossil fuel opposition on the highest political level.

• Like 1

It may be amusing this upcoming winter to see how the New York State sacred sect of the Wholly Political "Church Of Keep Oil & Gas In The Ground Forever" keeps from freezing their butts off without hydrocarbons. 

A few Nor'Easter blizzards may temper their religious fervor obstinance.

(Yes, you are free to roll your eyes at my horrible pun of 'Wholly Political Church'.)

(Remember, 2/3 of a pun is PU.)

Jokes-Punography.thumb.jpg.9040bff884ed8502cc2d2db38998def1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

So, just to throw this out there. If energy demand exceeds the ability to supply with renewables, what then?

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Rodent said:

So, just to throw this out there. If energy demand exceeds the ability to supply with renewables, what then?

I already mentioned ...

51 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

freezing their butts off without hydrocarbons. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

I already mentioned ...

I can't imagine people freezing. I'm assuming they'd have to take some other drastic step to fill any shortfall. Bot sure what that'd be. 

1 minute ago, Rodent said:

I can't imagine people freezing. I'm assuming they'd have to take some other drastic step to fill any shortfall. Bot sure what that'd be. 

A stopgap measure might be to harness the hot air emanating endlessly from pandering politicians.

Or using hydrocarbons.  The voters can decide.

On the plus side, hydrocarbons may smell better than certain hot air.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Sadly, old people freeze to death all the time. They worry about the power bill and think they can just hunker down under blankets, but their bodies just aren't generating heat like when you're young. They say freezing to death is s great way to go, eventually you just fall asleep and never wake up. If there's justice Mayor Deblasio goes out like that at the same time…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

If there's justice Mayor Deblasio goes out like that at the same time…

Please more sooner than later!!

4 hours ago, Rodent said:

Start back up oil fired generators which are more expensive and "dirty" to fill the gap. Its like abandoning nuclear and filling the gap with more coal in Germany. I used to have mad respect for the Germans. But the new Berlin airport and the Energy transition made me realize that they should stick to mechanical engineering and small washing machines which people like Steve jobs would buy.

3 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

A stopgap measure might be to harness the hot air emanating endlessly from pandering politicians.

Or using hydrocarbons.  The voters can decide.

On the plus side, hydrocarbons may smell better than certain hot air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Yl20r4dbgs,

The haves vs the have nots when Agenda 30 kicks in.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

freezing their butts off without hydrocarbons. 

It's basically law to be cold in NYC https://www1.nyc.gov/nyc-resources/service/1815/residential-heat-and-hot-water-requirements

"The period between October 1 and May 31 is Heat Season. During this time, the City requires building owners to provide tenants with heat "

So on Sept 30th your landlord is not obligated to heat your home even if it is near freezing. 🤣 May God Bless America

The article primarily sounded like it was natural gas for electricity.  ☀️

8 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

So on Sept 30th your landlord is not obligated to heat your home even if it is near freezing.

Yes, this is true.  I had forgotten about that Heat Season requirement, it's been almost 2 decades since I lived in NYC.

Hopefully assinine politics go out the window before anyone freezes.

Reality is a bitch.