Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SP

Ghana Discovers Lithium

The Minerals Commission confirmed that Ghana has discovered new mineral, Lithium in large commercial quantities. The government is in the process to begin commercial exploration. Maybe Ghana can play a leading role in electronic car business now. 

First they have to fight against illegal miners from encroaching on them if they want to keep this discovery for its benefits. 

And not to mention the corruption, starting with this Commission. 

Wow, probably Ghana could become the crucial player in EV's business after this discovery.  

Do they have money to mine all this lithium? 

No, they just got lithium. 

I think this is a great news for Ghana. Another boost to the nation's economy if properly managed by government. 

We all know it will solve no problem. Before lithium there was gold, oil, diamond and many more. 

Oil in commercial quantities and now lithium. 

I doubt this mineral was discovered just now. It was probably found long time ago but it wasn't needed as today. 

The Western countries controlled Ghana's gold mines for years. Ghana should take control over its lithium and over mining this metal because this metal is their future. 

It's another curse of this country which will be reaped  by country leaders. 

They key here is that they've discovered 'commercial' quantities. Will be keeping an eye on this is a potential new supplier, but not sure yet when they would envision it actually getting into production, or who is going to be exploring and producing it. 

They discovered oil and gas in 2007 and the people are still waiting for that to trickle down, so my understanding is that outside of the government, Ghanians aren't terribly excited. 

They have struggled for a long time to formalize gold mining... now Lithium mining is a completely different thing, but I doubt that these deposits are more interesting from a commercial point of view than the abundant resources in the Lithium triangle in South America

But they don't have to be bigger than the Lithium Triangle to cause a stir at this point.