Rodent

Dear journalists: say "climate crisis" not "climate change"

Crisis? Why hold back the punch, go with catastrophe!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

They're pacing themselves. That will be next month's directive 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

I'm going to use "catastrophe for humanity". 

The new terminology follows this:

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/alan-rusbridger-climate-change-must-be-prominent-on-our-news-websites-so-we-can-show-readers-it-is-of-enormous-importance/

He added: “Some newsrooms are becoming dominated by metrics. We obsess about what our readers read, or will pay for, or what turns them into subscribers.

“If that’s the guiding principle in your newsroom and if your readers are switched off from reading about climate change, then that is not good news."

Think the media doesn't have an agenda? Think again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, BenFranklin'sSpectacles said:

This will discourage idiots from procreating.  I'm in favor of it. 

We should be so lucky

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rodent said:

The Guardian has changed its reporting guidelines on issues facing the environment, encouraging journalists to use phrases stronger than “climate change”.

Reporters at the title will now be expected to refer to climate change as the “climate emergency, crisis or breakdown” in line with its updated style guide.

The Guardian also said “global heating” will be preferred to “global warming”, while “climate science denier” will replace “climate sceptic”.

============================

Personally, I prefer the latest journalistic term for myself - "climate heretic" - as I refuse to bow down and worship the "Church of Climate Scaremongering Carbon Tax and Political Money Grab".

Here are a few alternate terms for journalists to consider using, in their neverending quest for unbiased, 100% scientific and factual descriptions:

● Climate Rape

● Climate Hell on Earth

● Climate Baby Killers

Clearly, this climate scaremongering needs to go waaaaaay past ZOMG ELEVENTY, because people clearly aren't panicking enough yet.

Perhaps environmental suicide bombers are the next logical progression toward extreme scaremongering?  That would help in population control as well.

dbcdced37b4f8a23fd6c21774b38673628b3d74f20b492157d31b19bff4d16a3.gif

fa7414e0d1b3478d4e7a3c0eb209f08301861d307bfdb819602c5ab4760f5c9b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Rodent said:

I'm going to use "catastrophe for humanity". 

The new terminology follows this:

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/alan-rusbridger-climate-change-must-be-prominent-on-our-news-websites-so-we-can-show-readers-it-is-of-enormous-importance/

He added: “Some newsrooms are becoming dominated by metrics. We obsess about what our readers read, or will pay for, or what turns them into subscribers.

“If that’s the guiding principle in your newsroom and if your readers are switched off from reading about climate change, then that is not good news."

Think the media doesn't have an agenda? Think again.

Heck, I might as well go all in being eeeeeeevil, questioning the climate scaremongering.

005d14075655a58f1c27c9873fe998dad38b775f10d274b9aa3e4b2dcc761d79.jpg

• Great Response! 1

12 hours ago, Rodent said:

Yep. Not propaganda at all. 

• Great Response! 1