Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SK

Trump bogged down in Mideast quagmire. US spent $Trillions, lost Thousands of lives, and lost goodwill. FOR WHAT? US interests ? WHAT INTEREST ? . . . . China greatest threat next 50 years.

(edited)

We do not need their oil.  Focus on economic war China has waged on U.S.

The US Must wakeup to the threat that China presents.  It can't be underestimated.  

China does not play by the same rules. Most don't understand that the government (Communist Party) owns half the companies, banks and services.  They are on a mission to regain respect, to dominate world economy.  

Their subsidizing of companies in strategic industries, stealing US technology and predatory pricing are just part of their strategy.

The biggest mistake was letting China join the World Trade Organization (WTO). Bill Clinton paved the way for China into the WTO. Just 6 months after Communist Party crushed student protests in Tiananmin Square Clinton gave China Most Favored Nation status. This led to WTO. Not entirely his fault, everyone thought this would bring China into the Twentieth Century, change China from foe to friend, bring freedom to the Chinese people and avail US manufacturers to 1Billion new consumers. China had no intentions of changing. China is as oppressive as ever, US lost millions of manufacturing jobs.  

Edited by Falcon
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

"We do not need their oil."

Could you please tell me why you do not think that we need their oil?

(edited)

On 5/20/2019 at 11:03 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

Sure Douglas, I'd be happy to tell you why US does not need their oil. 

The latest EIA import numbers from Feb 2019 (thousands bbls) per month.

Iraq 11,828 + Kuwait 2,959 +UAE 0 no+ Iran 0 + Oman 0 + Saudi Arabia 16,154 + Qatar 0 = 30,941 TOTAL

Total 30.94 Million bbls/Month 

ALL OF Saudi Oil Exports to U.S. (16.15 mm bbls month) goes to their Motiva Refinery in Port Author,TX. . . (Motiva refinery processes 600k bbls/day)  SAUDI's ARE NOT GOING STOP THEIR OIL SHIPMENTS TO THEIR MOTIVA REFINERY.  If they do who cares. All of their product is exported using transfer pricing so pay little if any US Corporate Income Tax.(Nor do any of the IOC's operating in U.S.)

That leaves 14.787 bbls Million a Month from Iraq and Kuwait Divided that by 28 days Feb = 528 thousand bbls/day

Replacing 500K day is a "piece of cake".  NO PROBLEM   

. . . And that's if Kuwait and Iraq stopped selling to US. WHY WOULD THEY ? Plus EXXON is a major producer in Iraq.

PLENTY OF OIL (ACTUALLY OVER SUPPLY)

In Western Hemisphere.

* Exxon/Hess just discovered $5 billion bbls (and counting) off Guyana. Production starts 2020.

* US production (per EIA growing 1.4 mm bbls/day this year 2019 to 13.3 million bbls/day,  and up to 18 mm bbls/day by 2024

* U.S. Exported 3.4 million bbls/day last week.

* Canadian Keystone XL approved add 500K bbls/day in few years.

* Canadian Line Three Upgrade additional 380K bbls/day

* Columbia breaking new records conventional and tight oil (Occidental)

* Brazil pre-salt offshore growing fast don't have numbers but we're talking Millions bbls/day

* Mexico Gulf of Mexico new leases for shallow and deep water. Finally getting act together {just ask Shell) 

* Venezuela, well huge potential, IT WILL GET SOLVED with or without Maduro. (My opinion , Maduro gone by end of year.

* Argentina shale could equal Permian. Scheduled promising Offshore lease auctions.

World

Don't have time to go into detail . . .  but  Africa West Coast countries, South Africa, Sub Sahara, Northern Africa all growing substantially.  There is a lot of conflict, most will settle down, some will not.  I think Africa and Mideast are getting tired of war and conflict.  Many countries understand that the oil "cash cow" days are limited. 

Then Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan etc., etc.

Edited by Falcon
  • Great Response! 1

9 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

We only import about a million barrels a day from the middle east.  We could produce or buy that locally without much hardship.

the bigger issue is how much Aramco has invested in US property.  We have stronger economic ties that just oil supply now.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Falcon said:

The latest EIA import numbers from Feb 2019 (thousands)

Iraq 11828 + Kuwait 2,959 +UAE 0 + Iran 0 + Oman 0 + Saudi Arabia 16,154 + Qatar 0 = 30,941 TOTAL

Total 30.941 Million bbls/Month 

Now, ALL of Saudi Oil goes to their Motiva Refinery in Port Author, Tx.  SAUDI's ARE NOT GOING STOP THEIR SHIPMENTS. If they do who cares. All of their product is exported using transfer pricing so pay little if any US Corporate Income Tax.

That leaves 14.787 Million from Iraq/Kuwait divided by 28 days Feb = 528 thousand bbls/day. 

In Western Hemisphere.

* Exxon/Hess just discovered $5 billion bbls (and counting) off Guyana. Production starts 2020.

* US production (per EIA0 growing 1.4 mm bbls/day this year and up to 18 mm bbls/day by 2024.

* Brazil pre-salt offshore growing fast don't have numbers but we're talking Millions bbls/day

* Mexico Gulf of Mexico new leases for shallow and deep water. Finally getting act together )just ask Shell) 

* Venezuela, well huge potential, IT WILL GET SOLVED with or without Maduro. (My opinion , Maduro gone by end of year.

World

Don't have time to go into detail . . .  but  Africa West Coast countries, South Africa, Sub Sahara, Northern Africa all growing substantially.  There is a lot of conflict, most will settle down, some will not.  I think Africa and Mideast are getting tired of war and conflict.  Many countries understand that the oil "cash cow" days are limited. 

The US MUST BE SPENDING OVER $100 BILLION A YEAR TO INSURE MIDEAST OIL AND GAS GETS SHIPPED TO EUROPE AND ASIA (How much does CHINA spend protecting their oil and gas supply?). NOT TO MENTION THE $ TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND THOUSANDS OF LIVES ALREADY LOST.  Let Angela Merkel and General Secretary of the Communist Party Xi Jinping pay to protect Mideast oil. 

Plus Iraq and Kuwait are more then welcome to sell their oil to US.  Why wouldn't they.

There is TOO MUCH OIL SUPPLY NOW. World Inventory UP 143 Million Barrels this year-to-date.   IN 4 or 5 YEARS COUNTRIES WILL BE BEGGING US COMPANIES TOO BUY THEIR OIL.

WE DON"T NEED THEIR OIL.  (especially at a cost of $100 Billion year in defense spending)

"ALL of Saudi oil goes to their Motiva refinery..."  maybe all that the US imports, around 1 million barrels per day, but not ALL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falcon said:

Iraq 11828 + Kuwait 2,959 +UAE 0 + Iran 0 + Oman 0 + Saudi Arabia 16,154 + Qatar 0 = 30,941 TOTAL

Now, ALL of Saudi Oil goes to their Motiva Refinery in Port Author, Tx.  SAUDI's ARE NOT GOING STOP THEIR SHIPMENTS. If they do who cares. All of their product is exported using transfer pricing so pay little if any US Corporate Income Tax.

That leaves 14.787 Million from Iraq/Kuwait divided by 28 days Feb = 528 thousand bbls/day. 

In Western Hemisphere.

* US production (per EIA0 growing 1.4 mm bbls/day this year and up to 18 mm bbls/day by 2024.

* Mexico Gulf of Mexico new leases for shallow and deep water. Finally getting act together )just ask Shell) 

World

The US MUST BE SPENDING OVER $100 BILLION A YEAR TO INSURE MIDEAST OIL AND GAS GETS SHIPPED TO EUROPE AND ASIA (How much does CHINA spend protecting their oil and gas supply?). NOT TO MENTION THE $ TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND THOUSANDS OF LIVES ALREADY LOST.  Let Angela Merkel and General Secretary of the Communist Party Xi Jinping pay to protect Mideast oil. 

Plus Iraq and Kuwait are more then welcome to sell their oil to US.  Why wouldn't they.

There is TOO MUCH OIL SUPPLY NOW. World Inventory UP 143 Million Barrels this year-to-date.   IN 4 or 5 YEARS COUNTRIES WILL BE BEGGING US COMPANIES TOO BUY THEIR OIL.

WE DON"T NEED THEIR OIL.  (especially at a cost of $100 Billion year in defense spending)

You may be right, I'm not going to delve into the details, but your missing one key element as to why the US is and must be stationed in the Middle East. 

The United States is effectively the Stewart of the free world, 90-95% of shipping trade whether it be oil or any other commodity is via shipping lanes. Secondly, the mere presence of the United States Naval forces provides checks and balances to the world. thirdly, you have to consider intelligence. Every western country owes America a debt of gratitude, they protect capitalist interests and ensure the stability of the world economy. 

I won't go into more detail, theirs plenty of research on the internet explaining the various details. My point is, oil is only one factor in a large equation.

• Like 1

(edited)

On 5/21/2019 at 9:21 AM, Matthew w said:

You may be right, I'm not going to delve into the details, but your missing one key element as to why the US is and must be stationed in the Middle East. 

The United States is effectively the Stewart of the free world, 90-95% of shipping trade whether it be oil or any other commodity is via shipping lanes. Secondly, the mere presence of the United States Naval forces provides checks and balances to the world. thirdly, you have to consider intelligence. Every western country owes America a debt of gratitude, they protect capitalist interests and ensure the stability of the world economy. 

I won't go into more detail, theirs plenty of research on the internet explaining the various details. My point is, oil is only one factor i

WE DON'T NEED THE OIL . 

REBUILD US INFRASTRUCTURE. 

Edited by Falcon
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Check out "Oilsands Magazine".  https://www.oilsandsmagazine.com/market-insights/crude-oil-pricing-differentials-why-alberta-crude-sells-at-deep-discount-to-wti

So many facts and statistics about the flow of oil around the world.  Keystone XL would make up the difference and provide US energy security.

Many other articles on their home menu.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Falcon said:

ALL OF Saudi Oil US EXPORTS (16.15 mm bbls month) goes to their Motiva Refinery in Port Author,Tx. . . (Motiva refinery processes 600k bbls/day)  SAUDI's ARE NOT GOING STOP THEIR SHIPMENTS TO MOTIVA. If they do who cares. All of their product is exported using transfer pricing so pay little if any US Corporate Income Tax.(Nor do any of the IOC's operating in US)

That leaves 14.787 Million from Iraq/Kuwait divided by 28 days Feb = 528 thousand bbls/day. ( that's only if Iraq and Kuwait stopped selling oil to US. Why would they ? )

In Western Hemisphere.

* Mexico Gulf of Mexico new leases for shallow and deep water. Finally getting act together {just ask Shell) 

World

The US MUST BE SPENDING OVER $100 BILLION A YEAR TO INSURE MIDEAST OIL AND GAS GETS SHIPPED TO EUROPE AND ASIA (How much does CHINA spend protecting their oil and gas supply from Mideast ?).

NOT TO MENTION THE $ TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND THOUSANDS OF LIVES ALREADY LOST.  Let Angela Merkel and General Secretary of the Communist Party Xi Jinping pay to protect Mideast oil and gas.

Plus Iraq and Kuwait are more then welcome to sell their oil to US.  Why wouldn't they ? I believe they will continue regardless.

FOCUS ON THE REAL WAR . . . . THE ECONOMIC WAR CHINA HAS WAGED ON US.

Two great summaries Falcon.

Thanks to Bill Clinton China has used US dollars to sling shot their economy so we are neck and neck.  When long ago Clinton suddenly gave China "Most Favored Nation Trading Status",  I posted the news clipping in my cubical and wrote, "Bill Clinton is a traitor."  I signed by name.   Even as a politically naive engineer at the time I knew better because I had a reasonable grip on history.  China never shared our precepts of  European law.  They are outlaws.

I love the movie, "The First of the Few".  Brits wanted nothing to do with a second world war, but a rich Lady funded the Spitfire and had an electric sign on her yacht, "Wake up England".  Same applies to the world today regarding China and their bullying tactics and expansion in all regions of the world.  See Netflix, "The Future of Water", for an example.

• Like 2

(edited)

6 hours ago, Falcon said:

Then let the Free world and the UN-Free world pay for it.  They block US products from their countries, NATO is a joke, US infrastructure goes to hell for what ?  US GETS TO SAY THEY ARE STEWARD OF THE FREE WORLD ? THAT STWARDSHIP IS 1980's Policy. BRING BACK OLD JOE BIDEN IF THAT'S WHAT YOU BELIEVE.

US IS THE BIGGEST SUCKER OF THE FREE WORLD.

Xi Jinping, Putin, Merkel are laughing all the way to the bank. 

WE DON'T NEED THEIR OIL

REBUILD US INFRASTRUCTURE. 

Whether you need their oil or not, you need stability, altruism is not the United States mandate for presence in the middle East. Short version, they leave and the middle East are left to their own devices they'll end up in war, disrupt oil supply, cause prices to spike and greatly hurt the US economy.

All I'm trying to say, right or wrong with no emotion attached is that their are a myriad of reasons that the United States have a naval presence all over the world. 

Edited by Matthew w
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Oil_Engineer said:

We only import about a million barrels a day from the middle east.  We could produce or buy that locally without much hardship.

the bigger issue is how much Aramco has invested in US property.  We have stronger economic ties that just oil supply now.

It seems to me that herding the Middle East into a massive war would deplete their coffers, forcing them to sell US assets at a discount just to stay afloat.  We could wean the world off OPEC oil, earn a profit selling weapons, AND enjoy a fire sale on US property!

20 minutes ago, Matthew w said:

Whether you need their oil or not, you need stability, altruism is not the United States mandate for presence in the middle East. Short version, they leave and the middle East are left to their own devices they'll end up in war, disrupt oil supply, cause prices to spike and greatly hurt the US economy.

All I'm trying to say, right or wrong with no emotion attached is that their are a myriad of reasons that the United States have a naval presence all over the world. 

That was the case when the US was the world's largest importer, but it will be a net oil exporter within a year or two. 

Instability in the Middle East would deplete their coffers and slowly destroy their oil market share.  That would:
1)  Increase revenue from US oil exports through higher prices and increased market share.
2)  Stimulate the US economy through massive investment in new equipment & technology to decrease oil consumption. 
3)  Stimulate the US economy through arms sales.
4)  Stimulate the US economy through increased domestic oil & gas investment
5)  Reduce US long-term defense expenditures in the Middle East by rendering the region irrelevant. 
6)  Reduce US global defense expenditures through a reduction in terrorism (they'll be too busy surviving to send terrorists abroad).
6)  Help contain China by forcing their dependence on US and Russian oil.

Middle East instability is starting to sound pretty good.  Where's the downside? 

(edited)

On 5/21/2019 at 3:09 PM, WayneMechEng said:

Thanks to Bill Clinton China has used US dollars to sling shot their economy so we are neck and neck.  When long ago Clinton suddenly gave China "Most Favored Nation Trading Status",  

Yes

Edited by Falcon

True Statement: USA largest agriculture exporter in the world.... USA largest agriculture importer in the world.  Difference is down to less than $10Billion.  Why?  Bums on welfare refuse to work in the fields as it is "beneath them".  Time to send all the welfare druggies to central America so they can get a dose of reality and become economic illegal migrants crossing our southern border. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Falcon said:

FOCUS ON THE REAL WAR . . . . THE ECONOMIC WAR CHINA HAS WAGED ON U.S.

I believe part of the economic war with China will be restricting their access to the mid-east.  They still get oil from Iran and are very vocal about President Trumps embargo.  Oil is still flowing from Iran to China by nefarious schemes.

(edited)

3 hours ago, Wastral said:

True Statement: USA largest agriculture exporter in the world.... USA largest agriculture importer in the world.  Difference is down to less than $10Billion.  Why?  Bums on welfare refuse to work in the fields as it is "beneath them".  Time to send all the welfare druggies to central America so they can get a dose of reality and become economic illegal migrants crossing our southern border. 

Observe that California and New York are "sanctuaries" for illegal immigrants.  Why?  Because there economies depend on low cost (dare I say slave) labor.  Blacks can't do this work for historical and political reasons.  Currently there is a parallel between the Southern slave states of the US civil war and that of California and New York. They all illegally resisted the "laws of the land".

(PS I respect the South for defending their economy of that time.  Down south it was called the "War of Northern Aggression".  Charleston, SC was richer than New York City prior to the civil war.  The war was not just about slavery.)

Decades ago the law just required a Green Card for migrant farm workers.  But, that would have required the employers to pay taxes...

Refer to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2_EmpQNvG4  to support why cheap labor is desired by the rulers of California:

In the youtube above see how crooked California politicians gave the billionaire FIJI water baron rights to rip off taxpayers and then turn around to donate huge amounts to the Democrats who set up the deal.  This is another aspect of California's agriculture and desire for cheap slave labor so that workers and employers don't need to pay into the system.  (Illegals do the work because its better than where they came from.  Hmmm... what did Trump call these countries?)  Really, there is worldwide migration due to massive population growth.

Water & Power: A California Heist - Trailer - YouTube

Emmy award-winning director Marina Zenovich's Water & Power: A California Heist, a National Geographic documentary film executive produced by Academy Award winner Alex Gibney, unfolds like a ...

New Documentary Explores 'Water and Power' in California

Director Marina Zenovich refers to her new film as "Chinatown," the documentary. The filmmaker's latest work "Water & Power: A California Heist" shines the spotlight on modern-day water barons in California's San Joaquin Valley and the backroom deals that have helped pad their pockets.

Closure:
Corporate greed (any political party) got us in the mess we are in today.  President Trump is making more progress than others could.
Edited by WayneMechEng
War OF Northern Aggression
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Matthew w said:

I won't go into more detail, theirs plenty of research on the internet explaining the various details. My point is, oil is only one factor in a large equation.

Agreed oil is only one factor.  Israel is a strong ally and US support is vital.  Iran has sworn that that Israel and the US are their enemies.  They use proxies to attack our interests.  We must be vigilant.  God does not suffer fools.

I also know the rest of the world has not been paying their fair share.  US debt needs to be controlled.  War Hawks need to be controlled when their interests are only commercial.

9 hours ago, Matthew w said:

I have looked at some data that backs up Trumps assertion that "the world is awash in oil".  The US and Canada could be self sufficient now, Quite different than in the past.  There is a good reason why President Trump is behind Keystone XL

To your point, as suggested by another reply I made to this blog, we need to support Israel for stability in the region.  On the other hand, US resources in other areas of the mid-east need to be used more wisely.

Ken Burns created a 10 part series on Vietnam.  If we had studied their history, we would have known we couldn't "win".

The "Military Industrial Complex" needs some pushback at times.  Maybe NASA geniuses could address poverty instead.

PS I was a US Marine truck driver in Vietnam for 13 months.  Semper Fi

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, WayneMechEng said:

I have looked at some data that backs up Trumps assertion that "the world is awash in oil".  The US and Canada could be self sufficient now, Quite different than in the past.  There is a good reason why President Trump is behind Keystone XL

To your point, as suggested by another reply I made to this blog, we need to support Israel for stability in the region.  On the other hand, US resources in other areas of the mid-east need to be used more wisely.

Ken Burns created a 10 part series on Vietnam.  If we had studied their history, we would have known we couldn't "win".

The "Military Industrial Complex" needs some pushback at times.  Maybe NASA geniuses could address poverty instead.

Uh, historical naivete.... We won in Vietnam, peace agreement was signed, and then .... left.... throwing the victory away.  Threw it away.  Of course the south fell.  They had zero institutions to fall back on and the USA would not support them while USSR/China still supported N. Vietnam who had a working government/army etc. 

Now you can argue should not have been there, but India at the time was essentially half a step from going full Communist which means almost ALL of Asia and over HALF the worlds population was Communist and the Largest land mass, Asia would have been nearly 100% Communist.  Can you say: NOT GOOD is an understatement?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

On 5/21/2019 at 11:55 PM, WayneMechEng said:

I believe part of the economic war with China will be restricting their access to the mid-east.  They still get oil from Iran and are very vocal about President Trumps embargo.  Oil is still flowing from Iran to China by nefarious schemes.

Can't stop China from buying Mideast oil.

Can't stop countries from buying MIDEAST oil

We can convince US allies and companies that wish to continue to do business with US to stop.

IT'S SIMPLE US should just stop paying $100 Billion a year to protect their supply.

Edited by Falcon

9 hours ago, WayneMechEng said:

Marine Corps Infantry in Iraq.  Ooh rah!

2 hours ago, Falcon said:

Can't stop them from buying Mideast oil.

US should just stop paying $100 Billion a year to protect their supply.

Put the Mideast, Europe and Asia on notice.  No more freeloaders.

Would triggering a massive Middle Eastern war that destroyed all the infrastructure and then removing US defense assets from the region effectively deny China access to the Middle East? 

15 minutes ago, BenFranklin'sSpectacles said:

Would triggering a massive Middle Eastern war that destroyed all the infrastructure and then removing US defense assets from the region effectively deny China access to the Middle East? 

Yes it would.

But odds of that happening is close to zero.

• Upvote 1

(edited)

One thing for sure this whole scenario didn’t just pop up, this is going somewhere. Trump isn’t smart enough to cause this much geopolitical turmOIL. “CANNONBALL COMING” - The Caddyshack Syndrome 

75F5B91C-FB1A-4092-B906-342E6DBFBD35.jpeg

Edited by James Regan
Insert
  • Haha 1

(edited)

On 5/22/2019 at 12:10 PM, James Regan said:

One thing for sure this whole scenario didn’t just pop up, this is going somewhere. Trump isn’t smart enough to cause this much geopolitical turmOIL. “CANNONBALL COMING” - The Caddyshack Syndrome 

I don't know about that.

It depends. It depends on the parties in charge. It depends on the person who is in charge. 

Whether it was trade, tariffs, NATO, Iran nukes or any other matter Europe and China loved the previous administration. Of course, former Administration were afraid of confrontation, they just wanted to be liked.  Just worried about legacy, not real world issues. Europe LOVED the previous administrations.  They gave in to every serious negotiation.

China agreed to all the provisions to enforce compliance then removes every important passage the weekend before the Washington meeting. Trump didn't cave. He upped the anti.

I have hope. Be prepared for the worst . . . hope for the best.

Trump is holding a better hand against both China and Iran. Hope for positive outcome. Trump has to try.  One more  Administration kicking the can down the road afraid to stand up will not work.

Edited by Falcon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1