SK

Trump needs to educate US companies and citizens on Chinese Communist Party and People's Liberation Army. This is real ECONOMIC WARFARE. To understand Chinese warfare read General Sun Tzu's "Art of War" . . . written 500 B.C.

(edited)

This has to be taken very serious.

It's now or never. This is not amateur gamesmanship.  The ramifications of the outcome are unimaginable.

The US Administrations for the last 30 years have opted for the path of least resistance and a caved to China and Europe when it came to trade and other important matters. 

It should never have gotten to this point. US technology companies (Cisco, etc) filed lawsuits for technology theft. Past Administration's did nothing.

"Thinking" men and woman understand what has transpired since Clinton gave China "Most Favored Nation" trading status in 1990 and see where this will end up. Not pretty.

This is war. Everyone needs to make sacrifices.  This is when the US will see who their real friends and allies are.  

Even if some type of agreement is signed at Economic Summit end of June this battle will go on for years.  US needs to be cognizant of China's end game and be vigilant in their defense.

US needs to be realistic concerning the continued yearly Mideast spending ($100 Billion +) . As Brent oil price eventually settles in the $50's the risks, hostilities and US costs will only escalate.  Political and economic policies of the 80's , 90's and 2000's won't cut it. 

Never voted for Trump . . .  but he's not afraid to take on big problems.  Trump just doesn't  care what people think. He's focused on results, not whether Europe or China like him. 

Edited by Falcon
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

58 minutes ago, Falcon said:

It's now or never. This is not amateur gamesmanship.  The ramifications of the outcome are unimaginable. 

When Senator Schemes (D) agrees with Trump take notice.

The US Administrations for the last 30 years have opted for the path of least resistance and a caved to China and Europe when it came to trade and other important matters. 

"Thinking" men and woman understand what has transpired since Clinton gave China "Most Favored Nation" trading status in 1990 and see where this will end up. Not pretty.

This is war. Everyone needs to make sacrifices.  This is when the US will see who their real friends and allies are.  

Even if some type of agreement is signed at Economic Summit end of June this battle will go on for years.  US needs to be cognizant of China's end game and be vigilant in their defense.

US needs to be realistic concerning the continued yearly Mideast spending ($100 Billion +) . As Brent oil price eventually settles in the $50's the risks and hostilities will only escalate.  Political and economic policies of the 80's and 90's won't cut it. 

Never voted for Trump . . .  but not afraid to take on big problems.  Trump just care what people think.  He's not as "needy" as the last three Administrations.

Don't PANIC!!!........ Just heard a video clip over the news today quoting from an amateur farmer song  writer " We do not provoke; We are not weak; But when provoked we will respond in kind........." 

Here's one of the essences on the art of war i learned from a friend - solve problems as they come with what seems fit.........

Therefore........ to win the war......... we must first not to provoke...... but discuss nicely with reasons........ and reach mutual understanding............ and whisk away flies of war provokers........... and play mickey mouse catching eggs for world non-violence society or for peace.........

mickeymouse eggs collector.png

Edited by specinho

1 hour ago, Falcon said:

When Senator Schemes (D) agrees with Trump take notice.

US needs to be realistic concerning the continued yearly Mideast spending ($100 Billion +) . As Brent oil price eventually settles in the $50's the risks and hostilities will only escalate.  Political and economic policies of the 80's and 90's won't cut it. 

Never voted for Trump . . .  but not afraid to take on big problems.  Trump just care what people think.  He's not as "needy" as the last three Administrations.

Not to quibble but I think you mean Sun Tzu wrote the Art of War in 500 BC since that's around the time he was alive. 

Who is senator schemes? I'd be impressed if someone were that honest with their nom de guerre, not that All senators aren't schemers. ;)

As to China and communism, that ship sailed a Long time ago. What they are now is a fascist dictatorship with the government picking corporate winners and losers. On their government side, they are more capitalist than the US government, by far. Our idiots can't figure out how business even functions and treat successful companies like the enemy, when they aren't just shaking them down for "contributions".

(edited)

On 5/22/2019 at 1:19 PM, Ward Smith said:

Not to quibble but I think you mean Sun Tzu wrote the Art of War in 500 BC since that's around the time he was alive. 

Who is senator schemes? I'd be impressed if someone were that honest with their nom de guerre, not that All senators aren't schemers. ;)

As to China and communism, that ship sailed a Long time ago. What they are now is a fascist dictatorship with the government picking corporate winners and losers. On their government side, they are more capitalist than the US government, by far. Our idiots can't figure out how business even functions and treat successful companies like the enemy, when they aren't just shaking them down for "contributions".

Don't know exactly what you call Chinese government or economic system. It's kinda a hodgepodge of various systems.

One thing you can be assured of is the country has been and is currently run by the Communist Party ( 90 million members)and nobody else.  They make all the calls.  Make no mistake about that. 

Edited by Falcon

Trump is the biggest bumbling fool when it comes to messaging politically in recent memory regarding anything in foreign relations.  Obama was right behind him in stupidity in this regard as well. 

Expecting a coherent foreign policy when the domestic politics are in utter turmoil... yea, not going to happen. 

39 minutes ago, Wastral said:

Trump is the biggest bumbling fool when it comes to messaging politically in recent memory regarding anything in foreign relations.  Obama was right behind him in stupidity in this regard as well. 

Expecting a coherent foreign policy when the domestic politics are in utter turmoil... yea, not going to happen. 

Let's see: Economy up, record employment, stock market up, business enthusiasm up, manufacturing up, etc. 

Yup, utter turmoil indeed. Can't wait until you and your ilk are running things, I'm sure it will be a Vast improvement <sarc off>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Falcon said:

Don't know exactly what you call Chinese government or economic system. It's kinda a hodgepodge of various systems.

One thing you can be assured of is the country has been and is currently run by the Communist Party and nobody else.  They make all the calls.  Make no mistake about that. 

Here's a pretty good explanation of China's fascist government.

Kind of like certain politicians who are Republican In Name Only,  China's current government is communist in name only. And Mussolini was right, eventually all communism becomes fascism. Don't be fooled by millennials throwing terms around like "fascist". They are, in all things, clueless, but especially in regards to the meaning of that term, while they mimic the brown shirts of Nazi Germany while claiming to be "antifa"

(edited)

On 5/23/2019 at 3:56 PM, Ward Smith said:

Let's see: Economy up, record employment, stock market up, business enthusiasm up, manufacturing up, etc. 

Yup, utter turmoil indeed. Can't wait until you and your ilk are running things, I'm sure it will be a Vast improvement <sarc off>

Agreed, 

If Dem's weren't busy trying to divide the country and invalidate a US Presidential election we probably would have good news on De-nuking Korea, Fair Trade Agreement with China and  a shot at renegotiating Iran deal.  

I hope Trump holds his positions.

Edited by Falcon
  • Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

36 minutes ago, Ward Smith said:

Appears you can't read... and have reverse TDS.  Said nothing about his policies which I mostly agree with.  Said everything about MESSAGING which is the THREAD... do learn how to read.  Hopefully you do not do this in real life and keep stupidity sequestered to IFP

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Wastral said:

Appears you can't read... and have reverse TDS.  Said nothing about his policies which I mostly agree with.  Said everything about MESSAGING which is the THREAD... do learn how to read.  Hopefully you do not do this in real life and keep stupidity sequestered to IFP

You just embarrass yourself with this kind of talk. I QUOTED you.  But I've been warned already that you are beneath contempt and that engaging with you is a waste of time, as you are. Keep reinforcing that opinion

On 5/22/2019 at 11:57 PM, Falcon said:

Never voted for Trump . . .  but he's not afraid to take on big problems.  Trump just doesn't  care what people think. He's focused on results, not whether Europe or China like him.  He's not as "needy" as the last three Administrations. 

Some perspective, from a couple weeks ago:

https://community.oilprice.com/topic/5922-how-can-trump-own-a-trade-war/?tab=comments#comment-51262

A different perspective to consider:

... Withdrawing the tentacles of global exfiltration of American wealth; vis-a-vis the structural reset of the U.S. economy and how it engages with the global trade systems; is the pinnacle focus of President Trump. All other issues are ‘less than’; and the internal politics within Washington DC is far, far, less than in this set of priorities.

It may be uncomfortable for many to see and/or admit, but all other priorities held by supporters of President Trump fall below his primary economic objective.  American economic priority is the stuff Donald Trump has discussed, shared, considered and sought counsel on for over 30 years.

Any ancillary policy or issue that intersects with Trump’s focus on the U.S. economy gets priority [See: Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP); Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP); and Paris Climate Treaty as examples].  However, all issues which fall farther away from the economy are downstream priorities.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

You just embarrass yourself with this kind of talk. I QUOTED you.  But I've been warned already that you are beneath contempt and that engaging with you is a waste of time, as you are. Keep reinforcing that opinion

Maybe when you quote someone you should know what all the words mean before replying.  And if you do not, ask eh? 

In this world there is a vast difference between POLICY--> actions, and MESSAGING--> speech, radio, PR, etc

And Genius, Appears you need to read the title of the thread.  Last I checked, the word "EDUCATE" was used...🤔

Edited by Wastral
simplicity

(edited)

6 hours ago, Wastral said:

Expecting a coherent foreign <b>policy </b>when the domestic politics are in utter turmoil... yea, not going to happen. 

"Said nothing about his policies which I mostly agree with"

So yeah, here is the (moderator edited) using the word policy and then pretending he didn't. You should do yourself a favor and not let (moderator edited) type on your computer. Or maybe the Russians did it? 

Edited by Rodent
inflammatory

Settle down a bit please.

Go ahead and run with scissors, but keep the pointy parts pointed at the ground, not at others.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Settle down a bit please.

Go ahead and run with scissors, but keep the pointy parts pointed at the ground, not at others.

So it's OK for unnamed to be rude and insulting, but since I'm the adult in the room, I'm the bad guy? Where, pray tell was the umbrage against this other interlocutor? Selective outrage? Philosophical and political alignment? Just curious

Just now, Ward Smith said:

So it's OK for unnamed to be rude and insulting, but since I'm the adult in the room, I'm the bad guy? Where, pray tell was the umbrage against this other interlocutor? Selective outrage? Philosophical and political alignment? Just curious

Please notice that I didn't mention any names.  It was a gentle nudge for the thread discussions to scale back a bit before a food fight erupted.

6 hours ago, Falcon said:

I hope Trump holds his positions.

Already dropped his "national security risk" tariffs on steal and Al from Canada.  Yeah, Canada's the giant risk we are...

7 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

So yeah, here is the (moderator edited) using the word policy and then pretending he didn't. You should do yourself a favor and not let (moderator edited) type on your computer. Or maybe the Russians did it? 

Title of thread:

Trump needs to educate US companies and citizens on...

What I wrote which you carefully did not quote: "Trump is the biggest bumbling fool when it comes to messaging ....."

I was taught one starts a paragraph with the discussed subject.  Taught(messaging/coercion) as the best, quickest way to inform your target audience of the subject first before diving into particulars or negatives/positives regarding said subject. 

Last I checked, education requires MESSAGING.  Which last I checked, is determined by HOW you go about trying to coerce someone you are right at the same time you also put forth your reasoning for EDUCATING to begin with!  Only once you get someone LISTENING can you talk POLICY. 

YMMV but the subject is usually key as a starting point in a discussion.  Now if you wish to change the subject, fine, great, wonderful, I do it all the time, but do not get pissy with someone when YOU changed the subject and then get called on it when off in left field as it has no bearing on the subject.    The world reads from the top down.  The vast majority, left to right, not the bottom up and right to left.  Should you wish to read from the bottom up and right to left.... Good luck ever having a discussion. 

As for the subject: Trump, you, and I, can all be bombastic as we like when preaching to the choir, but when you are telling Joe 6 pack who only votes when mad, that the cost of goods is going to rise.... when the imported foreign massively subsidized, dare I say, near slave labor working without environmental, labor, IP, etc regulations/rule of law is going to be taxed to help achieve these ideal regulations as the moral thing to do, your MESSAGING matters!  While you are trying to EDUCATE the citizens and US companies how you message is presented damned well better be ON POINT!  Shouting "China Bad! They steal!" is NOT conducive method to inform someone to join your side of the debate!  Giving example: like China subsidizes shipping to all of its SOE's, so it is cheaper to send goods, repair kits, bicycle tires, etc from Shanghai to Chicago than from Indianapolis to Chicago should damned well be brought up and why all of the MOM/POP small/medium businesses who make these goods are getting UTTERLY devastated or the BIG Corporations working with CHINA are becoming monopolistic. 

Also, if I were Putin and Russia I would be more worried about China's interest in Siberia which is next door to China since Siberia is resource rich, underpopulated and vast rather than saving savaged Syria which has already lost Russia its influence in Ukraine.