Tom Kirkman

USA Today: Natural gas and oil industry is a solid, long-term investment

Presented for your consideration, without my usual endless comments.

Natural gas and oil industry is a solid, long-term investment

There has never been a better time to invest in natural gas and oil.

They’re our energy present, running America’s modern economy and strengthening U.S. security in a world where security is measured by ready access to affordable energy.

They’re also our energy future, with clean natural gas the indispensable partner to the growth of renewables such as wind and solar. It’s impossible to talk about a clean energy future without recognizing the essential, reliable role of natural gas.

Our energy future will largely be defined by oil, natural gas and the relationship between them and renewables — which is why U.S. and international projections indicate fossil fuels will provide more than 75 percent of growing global energy needs in 2050.  

... Natural gas and oil are America’s leading energy sources, now and for the long run.

• Upvote 2

In some strange way it's like investing in tobacco a few years back. No one PC wanted to touch the stuff, so it became a great deal to invest in, a fantastic, underpriced, cash cow. 

• Like 2

Definitely, Oil & Natural gas is a growing industry but as per the last weeks situation & whats's going on in between US-China on trade war, I have seen a lot of impact on oil prices. Oil shares are not performing that well after US-China trade war. What you think, will it impact in coming days?

1 hour ago, Mikayla Dickson said:

Definitely, Oil & Natural gas is a growing industry but as per the last weeks situation & whats's going on in between US-China on trade war, I have seen a lot of impact on oil prices. Oil shares are not performing that well after US-China trade war. What you think, will it impact in coming days?

Since I'm not an oil trader, I generally don't think of oil in terms of days.  More like quarters and years.

Shockingly (or not), I still tend to see Brent averaging around $70 this year.  Last year Brent averaged $71.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Since I'm not an oil trader, I generally don't think of oil in terms of days.  More like quarters and years.

Shockingly (or not), I still tend to see Brent averaging around $70 this year.  Last year Brent averaged $71.

Thanks Tom..Oil industry is not moving with a great pace.. It is stable like you said Brent averaging $70 this year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mikayla Dickson said:

Thanks Tom..Oil industry is not moving with a great pace.. It is stable like you said Brent averaging $70 this year.

Thanks Mikayla.  Short term random changes in oil supply / demand / prices / risk / geopolitics are just static and noise in the bigger, longer - term picture.

Oddly enough, the louder and crazier the oil - hating protesters get (e.g. Extinction Rebellion) the more stable and bright the long term future of oil looks to me.  A double bonus is the haters tend to be comic relief in their absurd stunts.

Kinda like why I can get so amused by poking the climate zealots, as their stimulus / response over-reactions can be ever so predictable.  In real life, nothing is ever "settled" ... change is constant.