Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Apple Boycott in China

2 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

https://www.ibtimes.com/apple-boycott-china-getting-worse-2794188

I feel it it will be bad taste to add a personal comment since I am not impartial when it comes to Apple so I'll just leave the link here.

Marina why doesn’t POTUS and Apple etc put there money where the mouths are and build the iPhone in Europe or USA, I guess it a rhetorical question as we all know the answer, with all the tariffs etc the only deciding factor will be fact that The Chinese producers profits are based on huge subsidies and what’s tantamount to slave labor. Could Apple etc build these products in the USA all considered??

Well, James, you've answered your own question. :) Theoretically, they probably could, only theoretically is not the same as realistically.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Well, James, you've answered your own question. :) Theoretically, they probably could, only theoretically is not the same as realistically.

Marina these whole sanction plays and USAs manouvers seem to becoming more interlinked each day, Trade-Oil-Military Asset Placement-Hauwei-China-Iran-Maduro- US Net Oil and all the proxy colateral damage/scenarios could easily be taken for a conspiracy, it all seems to be falling into place. Like a great deal a really great deal (“As no one does great deals like me”) 🤔🤔🤔

Walmart makes everything in China.  How bout that?

On 5/23/2019 at 6:42 AM, James Regan said:

Marina why doesn’t POTUS and Apple etc put there money where the mouths are and build the iPhone in Europe or USA, I guess it a rhetorical question as we all know the answer, with all the tariffs etc the only deciding factor will be fact that The Chinese producers profits are based on huge subsidies and what’s tantamount to slave labor. Could Apple etc build these products in the USA all considered??

The old cliche', it's complicated. The easier move would be to Vietnam or India, or some such. 

Hon Hai has tentacles everywhere and promised Trump a plant in Wisconsin. Moving a factory is relatively easy, but over time you end up trapped in the ecosystem. These moves are ten years too late to be easy. 

• Like 1

Most complete article I've seen on the Foxconn factory where 350,000 people work. When you think about moving that to the US, where could you site a factory to pull that many employees in, especially considering the massive turnover? 

https://www.businessinsider.com/apple-iphone-factory-foxconn-china-photos-tour-2018-5

I'm familiar with this factory since my brother in law was a director there. The suicides were almost all related to love affairs. 95% of the employees are between 19-29 and single.