Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Theresa May to Step Down

To quote one of my all-time favourite movie lines, "AND THEN?"

Serious question, how is this going to help anything? Another serious question, when did UK politicians regressĀ into first-graders?

(edited)

Marina I think itā€™s a shame and what good will it do? TM has shown herself well and she was relentless in her attempts to follow through on the referendum, this is a big dent one ofĀ the oldest governmentsĀ in history. The entire electorate was given the responsibility to vote on a serious matter. Whatā€™s next a second referendum and so on. Brexit is the disaster not TM. The opposition and other lounge lizards from the Conservative party used Brexit to Ā position themselves and didnā€™t listen to the majority. Do we now call for a referendum when our party of choice doesnā€™t win...

What next we bring someone else in like Boris J who was born in New York and even looks like Trump who will definitely align with DTĀ and Britain moves more towards the populist right, this will only make the interaction with Labor and JC worse, have we just wasted three years and Billions of pounds.

Come October we may just see a hard Brexit while Article 50 and the last few years meant nothing.

Quite Ironic that TM voted to stay in the EU but honored the peopleā€™s vote to the end!

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Marina I think itā€™s a shame and what good will it do?

I think it will do the opposite of good, especially given the favourite for her replacement is... Boris Johnson. It's like a story out of Newsthump. But from a personal perspective, the woman deserves a break. The shit storm she was subjected to was abhorrent. I don't care if she's a nice person or not, it was abhorrent.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

I think it will do the opposite of good, especially given the favourite for her replacement is... Boris Johnson. It's like a story out of Newsthump. But from a personal perspective, the woman deserves a break. The shit storm she was subjected to was abhorrent. I don't care if she's a nice person or not, it was abhorrent.

Absolutely, I think she held on longer than a great deal of her own cabinet, Politicians are not the kind of people we generally trust but just the fact she took over from Cameron who jumped ship (when he never got the vote he wanted in the referendum) and against her personal vote which she put to one side and acted upon the will of the people. She didnā€™t deserve the low ball game, ok so she canā€™t dance šŸ’ƒ but she certainly proved she could have handled Game of Thrones easily.Ā 

We will have more problems if BJ anĀ Eton Educated American born New Yorker and stanch Brexiteer takes the reigns, who also has DTs public support.

This will become interesting, TMs legacy shouldnā€™t be failure to deliver but should call for a General election, some pay back for her conservative back stabbers.

• Like 1

Blustery Times ahead...

769CD195-E46D-499B-A78C-3BA4B01354AA.jpeg

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Cameron who jumped ship (when he never got the vote he wanted in the referendum)

That's one guy who never got the shit storm he worked hard to deserve.

I won't even mentionĀ the Boris topic...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

To quote one of my all-time favourite movie lines, "AND THEN?"

Serious question, how is this going to help anything? Another serious question, when did UK politicians regressĀ into first-graders?

Someone else is staying......

Related image

3 hours ago, James Regan said:

She didnā€™t deserve the low ball game, ok so she canā€™t dance šŸ’ƒ but she certainly proved she could have handled Game of Thrones easily.Ā 

Ā 

Errr..... the problem might not be she can't dance or sing........... BUT she can't HIT.......... Isn't baseball an America past time favourite?? So is UK??

One of the little side-effects to Brexit is the re-arrangement of trading routes.Ā  Right now, truck freight in and out of Ireland to central Europe flows in an unusual path: the trucks board a roll-on/roll-offĀ  ["RO/RO"] ferry on the East Coat of Ireland, scoot across the Irish Sea the the West Midlands, then off for a short land jaunt across the midriff of England, then to board another RO/RO ferry on the East Coast to cross the North Sea, into Antwerp or Rotterdam or over to Hamburg or any of the smaller ports in between.Ā Ā 

That land-bridge shortcut is going to be history, and disembarkation both ways will be met with massive jams as trucks will need to clear customs.Ā  Those ferry boats will have to make one continuous journey, which means overnight cabins for the truck drivers, as they will sail nonstop via the English Channel and around Lands End (Cornwall) to enter the Irish Sea.Ā  The result will be a shortage of ferry boats, as more time at sea translates into reduced ship capacity.Ā  The ferry operators are already building new, longer and larger, RO/RO ferries with accommodations, which will result in increased fares and longer transit times.Ā  The ferryboat guys will be the one segment that will make money on Brexit.Ā  Ā 

14 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

One of the little side-effects to Brexit is the re-arrangement of trading routes.Ā  Right now, truck freight in and out of Ireland to central Europe flows in an unusual path: the trucks board a roll-on/roll-offĀ  ["RO/RO"] ferry on the East Coat of Ireland, scoot across the Irish Sea the the West Midlands, then off for a short land jaunt across the midriff of England, then to board another RO/RO ferry on the East Coast to cross the North Sea, into Antwerp or Rotterdam or over to Hamburg or any of the smaller ports in between.Ā Ā 

That land-bridge shortcut is going to be history, and disembarkation both ways will be met with massive jams as trucks will need to clear customs.Ā  Those ferry boats will have to make one continuous journey, which means overnight cabins for the truck drivers, as they will sail nonstop via the English Channel and around Lands End (Cornwall) to enter the Irish Sea.Ā  The result will be a shortage of ferry boats, as more time at sea translates into reduced ship capacity.Ā  The ferry operators are already building new, longer and larger, RO/RO ferries with accommodations, which will result in increased fares and longer transit times.Ā  The ferryboat guys will be the one segment that will make money on Brexit.Ā  Ā 

@Jan van EckĀ While I was reading your quote my mind started wandering (easily done for me) and I was thinking about the Isle of Man šŸ‡®šŸ‡², and the fact itā€™s remained fairly quiet around Brexit. My favorite Island in the world could easily become a formidable player with the likes of RoRo etc. The unique position the IOM has with trade and autonomy (to a point) could easily be exploited by the Manx Government. Food for thought, my apology I digress...

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

@Jan van EckĀ While I was reading your quote my mind started wandering (easily done for me) and I was thinking about the Isle of Man šŸ‡®šŸ‡², and the fact itā€™s remained fairly quiet around Brexit. My favorite Island in the world could easily become a formidable player with the likes of RoRo etc. The unique position the IOM has with trade and autonomy (to a point) could easily be exploited by the Manx Government. Food for thought, my apology I digress...

For readers not familiar with the Isle of Man, it is in the Irish Sea between England and Ireland, about the size of the Island of Montreal.Ā  It is not part of the UK, or of Ireland, and instead is a "dependency," as are the five Channel IslandsĀ  (sitting off the Coast of France but also British crown dependencies, and include such whimsical places as the Isle of Sark).Ā  These places are great tax shelters, but otherwise so isolated that they are backwaters.Ā  As for the Isle of Man, it does not have the infrastructure to support any significant amount of RO/RO traffic, the port that has a truck rampĀ  (Douglas) sits at the base of the Town, with access only by narrow, winding streets, utterly unsuited to truck movements.Ā  You would have to spend a ton of capital to build an entire new port, which would exist only because of the capricious nature of politics of the moment.Ā  I don't see it; there is no logical basis for such a place.Ā 

However, it would make a great hideout for political fugitives.Ā  Guys from the Trump Administration could be having drinks with scoundrels from the Putin Administration, maybe with some expat Canadians hiding from the tax man.Ā  That part could be interesting!

On 5/24/2019 at 7:18 PM, specinho said:

So is UK??

No. They've got cricket, which is arguably even more boring than baseball.

22 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

For readers not familiar with the Isle of Man, it is in the Irish Sea between England and Ireland, about the size of the Island of Montreal.Ā  It is not part of the UK, or of Ireland, and instead is a "dependency," as are the five Channel IslandsĀ  (sitting off the Coast of France but also British crown dependencies, and include such whimsical places as the Isle of Sark).Ā  These places are great tax shelters, but otherwise so isolated that they are backwaters.Ā  As for the Isle of Man, it does not have the infrastructure to support any significant amount of RO/RO traffic, the port that has a truck rampĀ  (Douglas) sits at the base of the Town, with access only by narrow, winding streets, utterly unsuited to truck movements.Ā  You would have to spend a ton of capital to build an entire new port, which would exist only because of the capricious nature of politics of the moment.Ā  I don't see it; there is no logical basis for such a place.Ā 

However, it would make a great hideout for political fugitives.Ā  Guys from the Trump Administration could be having drinks with scoundrels from the Putin Administration, maybe with some expat Canadians hiding from the tax man.Ā  That part could be interesting!

@Jan van EckĀ In your text you are painting a picture of a backwood insignificant Island. Your part about infrastructure is correct to a point and being an Island and highly dextrose with an apetite for business infrastructure could easily be put in place. Have you ever played an online game or Poker Stars for example or as I am typing this the internet traffic has a very likely chance itā€™s being routed through the Isle of Man where sit some of the biggest servers on the planet. But it still keeps its charm of being a Little Rock full of fairies goblins and folklore so maybe the last part as a hide out for Trump and co may be right . šŸ‘šŸ»

28 minutes ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Marina Cricket šŸ is an acquired taste and get your point any game that takes 5 days to play a game and can end in a draw is not for everyone. One day cricket was developed purely for the TV and fans and is much bigger than baseball. Itā€™s considered boring because the rules are very complex and if you have not grown up with it I can see why a lot of people donā€™t get it. Baseball is fun but in England itā€™s played by little girls we call it Rounders Ā šŸ˜‚....

5 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

Which means they don't haveĀ any base to cover but running back and forth on one line until those who watch give up??Ā :oO.o:S:ph34r:

Ā 

5 hours ago, James Regan said:

Marina Cricket šŸ is an acquired taste and get your point any game that takes 5 days to play a game and can end in a draw is not for everyone. One day cricket was developed purely for the TV and fans and is much bigger than baseball. Itā€™s considered boring because the rules are very complex and if you have not grown up with it I can see why a lot of people donā€™t get it. Baseball is fun but in England itā€™s played by little girls we call it Rounders Ā šŸ˜‚....

Wow........ how like the parliament....... going back and forth on one small ball for years and could end up back to no progress............... :o:SĀ  Guess someone needs to suggest a better national game for men or no?Ā 

Those little Rounders........ they cover bases......... in a clear safe or out manner....... and the end result of a game would show within half a day........... might worth a mention......... how effective it has been .... game of those tiny kids' :$

17 hours ago, James Regan said:

Marina Cricket šŸ is an acquired taste

Exactly. That's a nice way of saying something is boring/not tasty but we will learn to like it. :DĀ Just joking, of course. I'd rather watch cricket than tennisĀ myself, for example, so it's all a question of taste, after all. :)