Tom Kirkman

Trump MAGA-nomics, U.S. oil, and good news

Yes, this is about oil.  And pretty sure this good news will infuriate oil haters, Trump haters, climate panickers, and globalists.  And I'm perfectly fine with that.

955819da47c918f5be3cdc52fadae94cae3cbb79983f926307be8439f2c16b7c.jpg.8819d7fdc720e816d73411efc4ec7d41.jpg

MAGAnomics – Despite Tariffs and Growing Economy, Inflation Nonexistent – Economists and Financial Class Perplexed

Today is a very good day.  Despite the professional punditry and their doomsayer predictions of Trump tariffs driving up costs for consumers, exactly the opposite is happening.

Despite large growth in the Main Street USA economy; and despite large wage gains by U.S. blue-collar workers; inflation remains low and mysteriously detached from the Fed monetary policy.

... They just don’t get it.  For over three years Conservative Tree House has been explaining how President Trump’s maganomic policy will reverse three decades of stagnant Main Street economic growth.  Today the Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA) once again confirms our earlier predictions, and releases the data showing inflation is essentially nonexistent.

Since the mid-to-late 1980’s the U.S. economy split into two divergent economic engines. One traditional engine powered by Main Street, and a second engine powered by Wall Street.  For thirty-plus years the distance between those engines was growing as federal monetary policy provided low interest rate support for investment, but the end destination for the investment was NOT in the U.S. [Hence, globalism]

For more than 30 years monetary policy has been driven by Wall Street influence.  FED interest rates made borrowing cheap, but the money -the actual investment itself- flowed out of the United States.  The end product from the investment, steered by multinationals, created products overseas.  Within this flow of capital there was no benefit to Main Street.

President Trump’s America-First policy has reversed the dynamic.   As a result of his focus and demand, the end product(s) from capital investment are now here in the U.S.A.

The prices of highly consumable goods (food, fuel, energy) is kept low by Trump policies  that increase energy production and return a genuine supply-side dynamic to domestic production prices. [The battle with Big AG]

Meanwhile multinationals, and some foreign governments, fight to keep their footing abroad (original investment) by keeping down the price of durable goods manufactured overseas.  This is done by increase productivity, adjusted supply chains and retention incentives afforded by the benefiting nation.  This is done to offset Trump tariffs which are designed to influence a shift in the manufacturing process.

The end result of both production dynamics, domestic and abroad, is low inflation.  ...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

It is hard to argue with success.

I think, that is, it is my OPINION, that in the next election people will vote based on their 'household economics' and their standard of living. That is, if these metrics have improved or not during the preceeding four years.

Sure, there will be enviromental concerns, concerns regarding illegal immigration and concerns over foreign policy, but the root concern will be whether the standard of living for John and Jane Doe has improved or not. Most people consider putting food on the table or kids through college as a more immediate concern.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Today is a very good day for name callers, label slappers, and insinuendo.

• Upvote 1

Well, the random red text comment above did get my attention.  Caps lock is missing though.  Someone appears to be a tad annoyed today... 

01ec3054aebe51c1c8ec4691ada20fa93e20de611b1c382993c4fc5aeb9196f9.png

Although I award 2 points for using the wonderful word insinuendo

We drove to Grande Prairie, Alberta for a high school graduation last week.  First time there for us.  Wonderful trip From Calgary thru Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, and north on Hwy 93 (the Ice Fields Parkway) to Grande Prairie, AB.  Highways 1, 93, 40, 43, and 22 on the loop to return.   I certainly had an education regarding the physical location of energy production in northern Alberta.  ( I had worked north of Fort McMurray previously, and others oilsands facilities in the vicinity.)

I saw signs that Precision Drilling was hiring.  I have no idea why.  In the city there were offices for all the ticker symbols we see everyday on BNN ( Bloomberg - Business News Network) in Canada.  Lots of banners hung on businesses stating, "We love Alberta Oil".  One young man I encountered  in our motel/residence elevator wore a tee shirt sporting, "Trudeau for Village Idiot".  I commented that him being Canadian (ergo, nice) that he was too kind.  I am a dual US/Canadian  citizen and believe that our PM Trudeau doesn't know how he has been duped and manipulated by those around him.  But maybe I am too kind, and the drama teacher does know.  Hmmmm?  No, he is too naive.

3 minutes ago, WayneMechEng said:

We drove to Grande Prairie, Alberta for a high school graduation last week.  First time there for us.  Wonderful trip From Calgary thru Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper, and north on Hwy 93 (the Ice Fields Parkway) to Grande Prairie, AB.  Highways 1, 93, 40, 43, and 22 on the loop to return.   I certainly had an education regarding the physical location of energy production in northern Alberta.  ( I had worked north of Fort McMurray previously, and others oilsands facilities in the vicinity.)

I saw signs that Precision Drilling was hiring.  I have no idea why.  In the city there were offices for all the ticker symbols we see everyday on BNN ( Bloomberg - Business News Network) in Canada.  Lots of banners hung on businesses stating, "We love Alberta Oil".  One young man I encountered  in our motel/residence elevator wore a tee shirt sporting, "Trudeau for Village Idiot".  I commented that him being Canadian (ergo, nice) that he was too kind.  I am a dual US/Canadian  citizen and believe that our PM Trudeau doesn't know how he has been duped and manipulated by those around him.  But maybe I am too kind, and the drama teacher does know.  Hmmmm?  No, he is too naive.

Maybe he is the one who duped a lot of Canadians eh?

I need some icewine and poutine LOL

Very beautiful country, I ended up with some beautiful properties near  Banff and  Calgary, my extension into the Northern Rockies LOL .

Sorry about the people suffering from the wildfires up further north. Hope the fires get contained sooner than later and the weather cooperates.

9 hours ago, WayneMechEng said:

Was he duped or paid?