Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DanilKa

YPF prepares first shipment of liquefied natural gas from Argentina

If I remember right, few years ago Argentina was importing gas from Bolivia.

Operating FLNG only in summer is not very cost-effective - hope they will be able to ramp-up production to keep (tiny) 0.5mpta Tango capacity fully loaded.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-argentina-gas/ypf-prepares-first-shipment-of-liquefied-natural-gas-from-argentina-idUSKCN1T401Z

P.S. @Dennis Coyne can help to estimate number of wells required and @Mike Shellman may say thing or two about sustainability of shale gas economics;)

• Like 1

@DanilKaI went on four BIG gas blowouts in Bolivia in the day; very gassy country, Bolivia. I guess this is Dead Cow gas from Argentina they are liquifying? Sorry, sitting on a rig, can't open the link. 

The LNG hope for associated shale oil gas in America is crap; sorry. The APP Basin has pretty much shot both its feet off now with overleveraged oversupply and sub $1 gas, but its going to be way more likely to half-way compete with W. Australia, East Africa, Qatar, etc. in the world LNG market. For Europe, money talks and Russia has the goods. I don't get the hope for takeaway being the answer for gas flaring in the Permian. What are they going to do with it once it gets to the Gulf Coast? Give it away? Compete with Qatar gas? Phfftttttttt. 

I know, ask the CEO. I am sure he has got shale (oil) gas wells in Argentina, AND LNG stuff all over S. America...he'll know. 

• Great Response! 1