Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Can Saudi Arabia Make It in Tourism?

SO, Riyadh will start issuing tourist visas soon and has lots of plans for turning islands into resorts. Would you go?

The Red Sea coast would probably get of people looking for sun  and scuba diving. But I'm surprised that Saudis want a bunch of Western people to wander around in  scarce swimsuit unless  they set up some limits about it. 

Maybe Saudi Arabia is slowly changing. The Crown Prince already promised to crack down on extremism and will return to a form of moderate, open Islam, in a way to show potential of his country. We are careful when this country is about because of its conservative culture and instability in the region but visiting this country would probably ensure enrich experience for all visitors. 

I would like to see Mecca purely as a tourist just like I was in Vatican. It would be nice to meet other cultures without prejudice. Even though I don't think Saudi Arabia will allow that for a long time. 

And do they have any dress codes for women which are not from SA?

I read somewhere they reduce the authority of the The religious police. Probably, message for potential tourists.

Can't imagine that they are going to be flooded with tourists. A vacation there would be very unusual. But it would be fascinating for those who have never been there. But such a holiday would be very restrictive.

"Women aged 25 and over will now be allowed to travel to Saudi Arabia without a chaperone, the country’s tourism commission has announced. As long as they meet the age requirement, women will now be able to receive a tourist visa to visit the country by themselves" 
It’s the latest reform in the easing of restrictions in the ultra-conservative Gulf kingdom.

Revolutionary for them?! Finally breaking into the 20th Century.

Addition....." Women over 25 years of age will only be granted a tourist visa to visit Saudi Arabia if they are part of a tourist group".