Douglas Buckland

The 97% Fallicy in Climate Change Science

globe-earther-arentyou-embarassed-to-bel 

• Haha 1

Red, am I a bad influence on you?  I have a whole collection of Flat Earth trolling memes, which I've used as wry rebuttals to comments.

Anyway, so about that 97% agreement.... I've previously posted in an earlier climate thread the exact same article that Douglas posted above.  And pretty sure you and I already had a back and forth discussion, and I might have used one the the Flat Earth troll memes as a wry rebuttal.

If so... am I a bad influence on you Red?

Here, have a few FE chuckles, typos and all.  Realize that these FE trolls were not created by someone who actually believes in Flat Earth, but were used as meme ammunition to distract and derail SRS BSNS threads.

4e9a7879508e3d5cfce75b6ab6ecb684543878ed9a32820f0a7c7156d14e048b.jpg

16e8ba4fe0df476e2b8116e3b6d6992926f5e855c8dcac8a93b3e07af9280b73.jpg

84b0dfc3a79566ab9c858249a6edcfed92becfb15f993076090c4603f4b35b16.jpg

• Haha 1

(edited)

23 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Red, am I a bad influence on you?  I have a whole collection of Flat Earth trolling memes, which I've used as wry rebuttals to comments.

Anyway, so about that 97% agreement.... I've previously posted in an earliet climate thread the exact same article that Douglas posted above.  And pretty sure you amd I already had a back and forth discussion, and I might have used one the the Flat Earth troll memes as a wry rebuttal.

If so... am I a bad influence on you Red?

The funniest thing about this thread is the poor spelling in the title- redickulously so.

Aside from that, it's about survey findings.  A survey is not climate science.  It's as useful as the OP's idea in another thread about melting sea ice raising sea levels.

You sent me to the gulag for calling so much here comedy central - I regard that as bad spelling. 

Edited by Red
speltit rong

Ted,

Sprry about the mispelling. I often repply our compos on mi hndphne. The 'thic fingre syndrom comes intu play.

I threw out the ice cap melting/sea level rising bait earlier just to see if others understood Archimedes Principle. You didn't take the bait so pass Go and collect $200.

My post was NOT relating to science, it was addressing the oft repeated mantra that '97% of scientists believe climate change is caused by human behavior'.

FWIW, the article in the OP is 4 years old.

Also FWIW, the National Review is a conservative organization.

Would love to know the truth. Also FWIW, haven't most nations around the world have accepted human-based climate change?

(edited)

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Ted

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

.My post was NOT relating to science ....

Read the title of your thread, and order more sea ice.

Edited by remake it
Forgot

I was talking to Ted....quit reading other peoples mail!😂

Stop with the flat Earth crap! It all sounds logical! 

Excuse me while I go find my tinfoil hat. 

@Douglas BucklandBuckland @Tom Kirkman

29 minutes ago, Rodent said:

Stop with the flat Earth crap! It all sounds logical! 

Is this better?

3a2e604afda8a50c141a9e4153c56a023803edd5e95cf19201ad0a4a504fdf53.gif

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Call Tom.... he is hoarding tin foil.

Yep, I find the Flat Earth troll memes amusing; I collect them.  And oddly enough, after a long absence, the FE troll seems to have resurfaced on the chans again with some new FE disinfo memes.  Gotta collect em all!

Sorry for derailing your thread Douglas.  Last year I already posted this same article you posted above, and had a back and forth discussion already with climate-panic-mongers about the 97% issue - with utterly predictable results. 

Just, remember, the Science is settled, there is no debate.   ; )

I'm just gonna leave this right here...

image.thumb.png.34ae8e6ce1cc38834a255f9c9cd9362b.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Just, remember, the Science is settled, there is no debate.   ; )

Raises the question of why a survey is bandied around as climate science.

The science community is not interested in survey findings, but will challenge false attributions relating to actual content.  Lots of information on those topics so I won't raise any specifics.

The science is settled, and despite suggestions here that it is not, the skeptics at this forum have presented nothing scientific to back their ideas.

If posters think the science is not settled, then they should have no difficulty showing how decreased energy leads to increased warming.  It's as simple as that. 

5 hours ago, esgeo said:

I'm just gonna leave this right here...

image.thumb.png.34ae8e6ce1cc38834a255f9c9cd9362b.png

And the funny thing is, oil will be the bigger part of the picture, I love it when anti-oilers try to paint the picture themselves and call it the “new reality”

You really mean that it is okay for the Green people to spout that the science is irrefutable and settled and these (their) scientists say so....but if some party with a different opinion, supported by a different group of scientits, then it is BS.

Cherry picking data and scientists to support your specific viewpoint is childish, ignores common sense and does not contribute to constructive debate.

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

You really mean that it is okay for the Green people to spout that the science is irrefutable and settled and these (their) scientists say so....but if some party with a different opinion, supported by a different group of scientits, then it is BS.

Your option is to show that laws of physics do not apply to climate science.  This is not about which scientists you want to quote but, instead, the science they rely on.

You have offered nothing of merit.

So, you are telling me that there are no reputable scientists who disagree with the science put forward by the climate change advocates?

3 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

So, you are telling me that there are no reputable scientists who disagree with the science put forward by the climate change advocates?

Read what I wrote - I clearly did not say that!

What do you have which is consistent with what is necessary to substantiate your claims?

On 6/8/2019 at 7:31 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

A good expose on the oft mentioned 97% agreement among scientists concerning the climate change debate.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/10/climate-change-no-its-not-97-percent-consensus-ian-tuttle/

Wheel-of-Climate-Change.jpg

Everybody knows 97% of The The National Reviews Readers are Flat Earthers.....Hey did you read the Article in The New Republic that debunks the Flat Earth Theory in favor The Hollow Earth Theory.  It's in The New Republic so it must be true!