rainman

To be(lieve) or Not To be(lieve): U.S. Treasury Secretary Says U.S.-China Trade Deal Is 90% Done

U.S. Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said on Wednesday that the trade deal between the United States and China is “about 90%” complete, CNBC reported. “We were about 90% of the way there (with a deal) and I think there’s a path to complete this,” Mnuchin said in an interview to the news channel. U.S. President Donald Trump and his Chinese counterpart Xi Jinping will meet this week at the G20 summit in Japan hoping to calm their 11-month trade war.

• Like 2

And next, I suppose he will say 100% ...😂

Just now, pinto said:

Yep. My only conclusion: .. ...so it’s not done.

Does China know?

Better to hear "path to complete" than trade war... 

7 minutes ago, pinto said:

Correction: 100% will be on G20 Summit ...👍

its his attempt to see if he can move markets with his words.. like POwell does.

trade war will never be complete, China does not see it as a problem they want to fix, they want to retain GOvt control over public markets.  THey will find new ways to cheat and create new alliances even without agreeing with the US.  They may give us a bone to show some concept of agreement, but wheres the enforcement ? the world police , the WTO, haha thats a joke. Trade war is our newest scape goat created by Trump, and he can take it away by saying 'uncle'  we didnt get anything, we will jsut do Tariffs, and live with higher prices to the consumer, its a win for Trump.  

12 hours ago, damirUSBiH said:

Better to hear "path to complete" than trade war... 

I would prefer a trade war to weaken Chinese influence worldwide. 

12 hours ago, 50 shades of black said:

In any case, I'm sure there is "Plan B"...

Continue and win the trade war. My favorite course. 

(edited)

6 hours ago, Markmano said:

its his attempt to see if he can move markets with his words.. like POwell does.

trade war will never be complete, China does not see it as a problem they want to fix, they want to retain GOvt control over public markets.  THey will find new ways to cheat and create new alliances even without agreeing with the US.  They may give us a bone to show some concept of agreement, but wheres the enforcement ? the world police , the WTO, haha thats a joke. Trade war is our newest scape goat created by Trump, and he can take it away by saying 'uncle'  we didnt get anything, we will jsut do Tariffs, and live with higher prices to the consumer, its a win for Trump.  

The higher prices are livable and temporary. We will find new suppliers and better friends. China has a despotic government which needs to be deposed for the good of the people. 

My China topic https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Wb2YoQGpSWTz32ljsiA_ey6FLVqc2Dpe7Fnpiqn9lBs/edit

Edited by ronwagn
reference