Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

NYC Mayor Wants Oil Industry Dead

"New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, whose city sued five energy companies this month, including Exxon Mobil, BP and Shell claiming damage to the city from climate change, told Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders: “Let’s help bring the death knell to this industry that’s done so much harm.”

De Blasio appeared on “The Bernie Sanders Show” podcast Thursday, comparing oil companies to the tobacco industry and claiming they “systematically poisoned the Earth, knew about it, covered it up, explained it away, tried to hook people more and more on their product,” according to a transcript posted on the mayor’s website."

Ooohkay. So, De Blasio has never used a car, a plane, or bought food that's reached the store via means of transportation that require an internal combustion engine. NYC is what it is DESPITE oil, I suppose, and when he's done with Big Oil, the city will become paradise on Earth. The parallel with Big Tobacco I found particularly pathetic and I say this as a smoker.

This, the same city that declared war on the Big Gulp. Give me a break.

(and you shouldn't smoke)

well, i'm down with the war on the Big Gulp and cigarettes. At least I'd be down with these 'sin taxes' that could eventually make healthcare costs cheaper. Big Oil, well, this is a silly battle and decidedly hypocritical. 

I think I can do without nannying from the government. That's not what the government was designed to do.