DZ

I Think Trump Is Committing SEC Violations With The Oil Market Investing

Lately, I’m convinced that President Trump May be violating SEC rules when it comes to the crude oil market/commodities.  Makes sense for Trump to privately place an order to buy countless oil stocks/etf’s, but tell the media first about imposing possible tariffs on China.....that lowers the stocks/etf’s into “buy positions” for when the next day he has someone from the Treasury Dept. tell the media, “We’re 90% to a Deal with China on trade@.  Then, stocks/etf’s rise & Trump cashed out on his shares.  Trump’s using the news media and stock market to profit from his investments it feels like.  The oil market goes up in price after the latest EIA and API reports and Trump deliberately puts fear in the oil market again making stocks go down — knowing it will go back up if there’s a draw next week.  I predict that Trump will invest in oil stocks again, but when they’re low again — and after that he’ll announce a trade deal with China, then cash out his shares after the stocks surge.  Watch out though because he’ll mess with the oil market again in the future with threatening tariffs on Japan and Europe.  I’m staying away from oil investing right now because Trump has “full control” over making other investors lose money, while Trump mostly profits for himself — using the oil market and media for his own personal gain.  Clearly, if the SEC wanted to, they could find evidence to these suspicions I have if they really pushed it.  It smells like Trump is dominating the oil market.  Especially, on a major crude draw report?  Really?  And the oil market still wants to listen to Trump after a report that contradicts crude’s fear of “lack of demand”?  What’s the oil market gonna think if crude inventory draws will happen every week all summer?  I hope this oil market WAKES UP and stops letting Trump continue putting fear into the oil market, when in actuality — the crude oil market has heavy demand.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Completely agree. It's incredible the control he has over international markets / geopolitics with a simple tweet. I'm sure he must be profiting somehow from this - at the end of the day he's a bussiness man first. But i mean can you really blame him? Wouldn't you do the same if you had this type of international influence 

• Great Response! 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Honestly, I have a conscience - so, I wouldn’t abuse power like that in the market if I was the President.  Sincerely mean that too.  With what he does, it makes forming an investing strategy around Trump’s altering the market.  Too much high risk for me, but to make any profits, one would have to invest right before OPEC making their “surprise announcement” next week to help lift the stocks / oil price.  I also feel confident about the API and EIA giving another positive report for next week.  But somehow I feel Trump will want to ruin that for everyone.  He brings despair when there is really victory — he wants victory to only be for him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, David Zernhelt said:

Lately, I’m convinced that President Trump May be violating SEC rules when it comes to the crude oil market/commodities.  Makes sense for Trump to privately place an order to buy countless oil stocks/etf’s, but tell the media first about imposing possible tariffs on China.....that lowers the stocks/etf’s into “buy positions” for when the next day he has someone from the Treasury Dept. tell the media, “We’re 90% to a Deal with China on trade@.  Then, stocks/etf’s rise & Trump cashed out on his shares.  Trump’s using the news media and stock market to profit from his investments it feels like.  The oil market goes up in price after the latest EIA and API reports and Trump deliberately puts fear in the oil market again making stocks go down — knowing it will go back up if there’s a draw next week.  I predict that Trump will invest in oil stocks again, but when they’re low again — and after that he’ll announce a trade deal with China, then cash out his shares after the stocks surge.  Watch out though because he’ll mess with the oil market again in the future with threatening tariffs on Japan and Europe.  I’m staying away from oil investing right now because Trump has “full control” over making other investors lose money, while Trump mostly profits for himself — using the oil market and media for his own personal gain.  Clearly, if the SEC wanted to, they could find evidence to these suspicions I have if they really pushed it.  It smells like Trump is dominating the oil market.  Especially, on a major crude draw report?  Really?  And the oil market still wants to listen to Trump after a report that contradicts crude’s fear of “lack of demand”?  What’s the oil market gonna think if crude inventory draws will happen every week all summer?  I hope this oil market WAKES UP and stops letting Trump continue putting fear into the oil market, when in actuality — the crude oil market has heavy demand.  

Congratulations, you win my "amazing rant of the day" award.

And while I don't agree with your view, I will give you +2 internet points for originality.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I look forward to the day oil prices go back to normal after Trump loses to another Presidential candidate.  And I’m sure the new U.S. President will wipe away all of Trump’s executive orders and help to heal the crude oil market that Trump is using for his own personal gain.  After next year finishes — NO MORE DONALD TRUMP CONTROLLING THE CRUDE OIL MARKET OR TARIFFS ON ANY COUNTRY WHATSOEVER.  Crude oil investors will then have a more stable oil market to look forward to.  It will be the investors turn to make profits AND NOT TRUMP.  An end to the TRUMP ERA is coming....and I cannot wait “til he hears that HE LOST THE ELECTION.  The glory in that will shine on the world and the positive oil investors will all have the better market WE ALL DESERVE.  In 2021 - the new U.S. President shall takeover.  Every day will get better from there in America and other nations abroad baby!!  Can’t wait!! 

This is the most absurd thing i have read, well maybe not the most but close to it.
Every President of the US , when they have made statements of geopolitical nature, of policies on finance, regulations, industry  , etc have had impact on the daily ups and downs of commodity prices. So every President who had made such statements is a culprit in market manipulation and secretly profiting while in office?

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, David Zernhelt said:

I look forward to the day oil prices go back to normal after Trump loses to another Presidential candidate.  And I’m sure the new U.S. President will wipe away all of Trump’s executive orders and help to heal the crude oil market that Trump is using for his own personal gain.  After next year finishes — NO MORE DONALD TRUMP CONTROLLING THE CRUDE OIL MARKET OR TARIFFS ON ANY COUNTRY WHATSOEVER.  Crude oil investors will then have a more stable oil market to look forward to.  It will be the investors turn to make profits AND NOT TRUMP.  An end to the TRUMP ERA is coming....and I cannot wait “til he hears that HE LOST THE ELECTION.  The glory in that will shine on the world and the positive oil investors will all have the better market WE ALL DESERVE.  In 2021 - the new U.S. President shall takeover.  Every day will get better from there in America and other nations abroad baby!!  Can’t wait!! 

If the Donald loses the re-election, going by all the rhetoric from the wide field of Democratic candidates, there will be no oil market left to go to "normal".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

https://youtu.be/VPRuL9ACZeM

It’s always good to have hope and I’m sure there will be a substantial recovery at that point until the oil market does heal.  Amazing how no other President sent negative tweets like Trump.  He complains about oil prices and lashes out almost everyday about something.  Plus, he uses tariffs to abuse other countries and our own.  No other President did those things.  Also, no other President of the U.S. had a White House that were all “Mental Retards”.  I fully agree with the Supreme leader of Iran on that I’ll say.  LOL 

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, David Zernhelt said:

It’s always good to have hope and I’m sure there will be a substantial recovery at that point until the oil market does heal.  Amazing how no other President sent negative tweets like Trump.  He complains about oil prices and lashes out almost everyday about something.  Plus, he uses tariffs to abuse other countries and our own.  No other President did those things.  Also, no other President of the U.S. had a White House that were all “Mental Retards”.  I fully agree with the Supreme leader of Iran on that I’ll say.  LOL 

Perhaps you would like to relocate to the land of the Mullahs and operate your oil investments from there LOL:D

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 6/27/2019 at 6:29 PM, CMOP said:

Completely agree. It's incredible the control he has over international markets / geopolitics with a simple tweet. I'm sure he must be profiting somehow from this - at the end of the day he's a bussiness man first. But i mean can you really blame him? Wouldn't you do the same if you had this type of international influence 

Yes, you can. Because he proclaims himself an altruistic savior of America (MAGA)... 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2019 at 11:47 PM, David Zernhelt said:

Lately, I’m convinced that President Trump May be violating SEC rules when it comes to the crude oil market/commodities.

< cough >

Here, let me help you in defining a relevant term:

Note that "bully" in this context is an adjective meaning "excellent" , and is not the noun meaning "an abusive *sshole".

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bully pulpit

bully pulpit

noun

Definition of bully pulpit

: a prominent public position (such as a political office) that provides an opportunity for expounding one's views

also : such an opportunity

Bully vs Bully Pulpit

Bully pulpit comes from the 26th U.S. President, Theodore Roosevelt, who observed that the White House was a bully pulpit.

For Roosevelt, bully was an adjective meaning "excellent" or "first-rate"—not the noun bully ("a blustering, browbeating person") that's so common today. 

Roosevelt understood the modern presidency's power of persuasion and recognized that it gave the incumbent the opportunity to exhort, instruct, or inspire. He took full advantage of his bully pulpit, speaking out about the danger of monopolies, the nation's growing role as a world power, and other issues important to him.

Since the 1970s, bully pulpit has been used as a term for an office—especially a political office—that provides one with the opportunity to share one's views.

Examples of bully pulpit in a Sentence

She uses her position as a famous actress as a bully pulpit.

Recent Examples on the Web

As The Post’s Damian Paletta also noted, the announcement was an example of Trump’s successful use of the presidential bully pulpit. Colby Itkowitz, Washington Post, "The Health 202: 'ACA' removed from swaths of Medicaid.gov website, watchdog reports," 12 July 2018

Still, the change of leadership in the House gives Ms. Waters and other Democrats a bully pulpit to pressure regulators to change these rules, or at least delay them. Ryan Tracy, WSJ, "Democratic House Will Target Wall Street—but Can’t Stop Deregulation," 7 Nov. 2018

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 1

On 6/27/2019 at 11:47 PM, David Zernhelt said:

I’m staying away from oil investing right now because Trump has “full control” over making other investors lose money, while Trump mostly profits for himself — using the oil market and media for his own personal gain.  Clearly, if the SEC wanted to, they could find evidence to these suspicions I have if they really pushed it.

You have zero evidence for your claims.  Otherwise you would have already filed a report with the SEC.

Would you like me to define the term "witch hunt" for you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/27/2019 at 3:21 PM, David Zernhelt said:

OR TARIFFS ON ANY COUNTRY WHATSOEVER. 

So, the WTO/Petrodollar will fall in your worldview after 2020...  be it Trump, a Democrat, a Republican or a Libertarian/Green in office.....  🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Actually, I see the WTO as already defunct, irregardless of party, when the USSR fell, but it took the USA 30 years to figure this out and the world got weird, where the USA is underwriting the defense of the world and getting NOTHING for it. 

I would like to see a Democracy, rule of law based Tariff proposal/alliance and 100% tariffs on everyone else. 

• Downvote 1

(edited)

I forgot this thread @Tom Kirkman 🤣 - absolute gold.

No one in power EVER has had any power over markets, or influenced public opinion with a public statement , or just had people in the know or friends in the industry ...

Until Twitter came along 🤣 ... then it all changed ...

#TDSISAMYTH 

Err .... but .... he's a bit orange?  Hence evil ...?

Think my favourite bit is the ''scandal'' tag.

Cheers. 

Edited by Guest

Trump Derangement Syndrome on full display.

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/27/2019 at 3:29 PM, ceo_energemsier said:

If the Donald loses the re-election, going by all the rhetoric from the wide field of Democratic candidates, there will be no oil market left to go to "normal".

True, that. 

Better a Teapot Dome than no dome at all. 

Or, be careful what you wish for. 

This is some top notch imaginationeering!

I can't imagine another person under more scrutiny than the POTUS. If there was ANY evidence of SEC violations, I can assure you it would be the biggest public spectacle ever; the Democrats would make sure of it.

So far, under Trump's presidency, we have seen low oil prices. This is something Trump has harped on since the campaign trail. He's always been about increasing domestic production and decreasing prices to the American people. Arguably this has a larger impact than taxes. A low income individual is far more affected by a $1/gal increase in cost than someone who's wealthy. 

(edited)

On 6/27/2019 at 6:29 PM, CMOP said:

Guys, I think you overestimate Trump on this one. Trump has impulsive and narcissistic, a little bit unstable personality. What is brilliant Trump and his advisors found narrative to change this obvious Trump impediment into a sort of advantage. Great mind Steve Bannon made Trump: The Tribute of the People, that contacts with voters through direct, instant communication. So this sudden twists of Trump mind is his constant fight with fake news, with establishment. The President is always on duty fighting with injustice towards working class and omnipresent fake news. Fight fake news. To Make America Great Again.

Edited by Marcin
spelling

But what I really admire of Trump is his tagging of people, his usage of nicknames.

This mud sticks to people, and only Trump image of Tribune of People, allows him to use this tool.

Quid Pro Joe, Sleepy Joe, SleepyCreepy Joe

Crooked Hillary

Lying, Slippery James Comey

Lyin' Ted

Evita/Eva Peron (AOC)

Little Marco

High Tax Schumer

Sleazy Adam Schiff, Corrupt Congressman Adam Schiff

Goofy Elizabeth Warren, Pocahontas, Uber Left Elizabeth Warren

On 6/27/2019 at 3:21 PM, David Zernhelt said:

Step away from the pipe, dude, that sht is making you null and void

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/27/2019 at 6:21 PM, David Zernhelt said:

I look forward to the day oil prices go back to normal after Trump loses to another Presidential candidate.

So, who do you think will beat Trump?

Perhaps ....

3h6npq.jpg.b18d948017e90fb4dc686b5246d3ae84.jpg

(Sorry, couldn't resist posting one of my memes this morning, seems slightly applicable to this thread)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Aren't all insiders with a conflict of interest investigated?

(edited)

I was rather unaware sir that the SEC made references to tweeting or even holding opinions in their violations section. 

On 6/27/2019 at 4:47 PM, David Zernhelt said:

Clearly, if the SEC wanted to, they could find evidence to these suspicions I have if they really pushed it.

And yet, with respect sir, they have not done anything of the sort. I am of the opinion therefore that there is no basis for this accusation, rather than the SEC 'doesn't want' to find evidence. From what I can see and surmise from my home abroad, the American media does little else but attack this man. Would you agree sir, and if so do you not think the opposition and media would be all over such a narrative if there was even a shred of evidence of these apparent violations? 

On 7/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, Tom Kirkman said:

You have zero evidence for your claims.  Otherwise you would have already filed a report with the SEC.

Forgive me sir, I have just noticed this posting and it says it all to be fair.

Edited by Papillon
  • Like 1