Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fb

One of The Worst Leaders Again Threatened: Impeach Me, I'll jail you - Philippines' Duterte Dares Foes To Test Him

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has threatened opponents with prison if they try to impeach him, the latest in what a top U.N. official and an Asian lawmakers’ group this week called a pattern of persecution and assaults on free speech. Duterte vented his anger late on Thursday amid intense media scrutiny and accusations that he is siding with China over a June 9 sinking of a Filipino fishing boat by a Chinese vessel, which happened inside Manila’s Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ). The maverick leader has echoed Beijing’s line that it was an accident, not an intentional ramming, and shrugged off the presence of Chinese fishermen inside the Philippine EEZ, saying he would allow it out of friendship. Some high-profile critics, among them a top judge and a former foreign minister, have called that a breach of the constitution, or worthy of his impeachment. “Me? Will be impeached? I will jail them all,” Duterte told reporters. “Try to do it and I will do it. Son of a bitch.” He added: “I am challenging you to do it. You really want to force my hand into it? Okay. You sons of bitches, do it. Yes. File it.”

He speaks like a true dictator. Indeed, he is a truly dictator.

• Upvote 1

What a total embarrassment for the Philippines to support such a dictator? People who are supporting the person as Duterte do not deserve anything better...

Someone said: sounds familiar

Vicious thug.

Abuse of power comes as no surprise...World would be better place for live without lunatics as a Duterte...

So give him what he deserves: IMPEACH him !!!

(edited)

20 minutes ago, francoba said:

Vicious thug.

This statement is still " mild and peaceable " if we compare it with abundance of his meaningless, provocative and shameful statements...

Edited by ThunderBlade

Duterte and his regime always finds excuses and pass blame to others. Bad and hard speach, and intimidation has become a norm under Duterte's administration. 

10 minutes ago, ThunderBlade said:

This statement is still " mild and peaceable " if we compare it with abundance of his meaningless, provocative and shameful statements...

Sounds a lot like Maduro.....   These guys all foam at the mouth, the real sorrow is that the poor people in those countries take it on the chin.