Was watching the news last night and saw a long discussion on the heat wave presently occurring in southern Europe and not one word about the fact that it is snowing in western Colorado in June!

Damned biased media!😂

• Like 1

Or the remarkable cold wave in Eastern Europe 

Obviously 'cold' doesn't matter, only 'heat'.

Shoveling snow in June, in the northern hemisphere is not normal and annoys my 86 year old Dad...😆 

5 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Obviously 'cold' doesn't matter, only 'heat'.

Shoveling snow in June, in the northern hemisphere is not normal and annoys my 86 year old Dad...😆 

Obviously Chaos Theory is unheard of in this forum.

Given a container with a liquid or gas, the more energy introduced into the fluid the more chaotic the flows within the container. For there to be more extreme heat in one part of the world, there is likely to be, either at the same or different time, and counter-balancing cold area.

'Biased' media people probably have no more idea of this than anyone else.

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

So this 'counter-balancing' effect would suggest a zero sum mechanism where the global average would not change...correct?

If that is in fact the case, the term 'global warming' is incorrect.

This sounds like a natural cycle which perhaps we should not mess with.

Just for my clarification, during the last Ice Age, which part(s) of the planet became (much) hotter to balance the global temperature?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There is no increase in extreme weather trends. Any claims that forest fires, hurricanes, floods, drought, or any other bad weather is caused by or made worse by climate change is utterly factually false.  

Sea level is rising by 2 millimeters per year and the rate is NOT increasing. It's been steady for centuries.

The ocean is NOT becoming acidic. The ocean is alkaline and co2 will never make it acidic. Its chemically impossible.

Desertification and coral reef bleaching is NOT happening. The deserts are greening and corals are doing excellent. Bleaching is a local phenomenon  and temporary and not from co2 or warm water. 

Just wanted to start with the facts and go from there. Now that the framework for this debate is established I welcome ecotards to try to debate me. 

But arguing using any ofthe above examples voids your opinion of all validity because these are hard non debatable facts and suggesting otherwise is flat out lying. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

So this 'counter-balancing' effect would suggest a zero sum mechanism where the global average would not change...correct?

If that is in fact the case, the term 'global warming' is incorrect.

This sounds like a natural cycle which perhaps we should not mess with.

Just for my clarification, during the last Ice Age, which part(s) of the planet became (much) hotter to balance the global temperature?

"more energy in the system" means just that. Overall, the container is driven by more energy. But the increased energy pushes around puddles of cold that migrate farther from their sources. "Energy" doesn't necessarily mean heat - heat translates to pressure. 'Heatwaves' are also 'pressure waves'.

CO weather! More than 1 season  in 1 day. You can have a a foggy iced up morning with 4" of snow on the ground and 32F, by 2PM its all gone and you have 80F. @ 6PM You have a storm that rolls in bring torrential downpour and massive hail. Hail that covers the ground like snow and needs to be plowed. Then you are grilling dinner by the pool!!

MaxthonSnap20190628224435.jpg

MaxthonSnap20190628231355.jpg

MaxthonSnap20190628231414.jpg

MaxthonSnap20190628231428.jpg

MaxthonSnap20190628231606.jpg

MaxthonSnap20190629115941.jpg

And I’m in Alaska where Cook Inlet has been raising 2.5 cm a year on average for 20 or so years. In the 1964 earthquake it dropped 8 feet in elevation. Areas of the inlet prior to the earthquake would be completely dried out mudflats at low tide. After the earthquake, there was always water at low tide. Since then the inlet has vast sand bars that continue to grow at low tide. With less water it’s been harder and harder for the beluga to come into Cook Inlet due to the advance of the sand bars. So what does the endangered species people do? They make beluga whales a threatened species in Cook Inlet and try to stop any oil/gas exploration using that argument. I have a friend with the feds in that department. I’ve argued endlessly that protecting the inlet and belugas is silly since protection will have no effect, nor will stopping any oil/gas exploration. We don’t talk about the massive plate movements that cause ocean depth changes.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Lunchtime1130 said:

We don’t talk about the massive plate movements that cause ocean depth changes.

You are quite accurate.  When there are ocean level changes, it is either the water is rising (due to more water entering the oceans), or the land is dropping.  I suspect that it is the land that is dropping. And then the lowered land invites further accumulations of sand. 

• Like 1