AK

For all the trump fans out there

On 6/30/2019 at 6:27 AM, Meredith Poor said:

For those of you who are dyed-in-the-wool Trump (and Roger Ailes/Rupert Murdoch) partisans, the following article should be a perfect example of media bias. For everyone else, enjoy at your leisure (long read):

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/03/11/the-making-of-the-fox-news-white-house

Soon as your article mentioned Stormy Daniels I lost interest.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/1/2019 at 5:59 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

Can you support your comment that the O&G industry is somehow lying, immoral and itresponsible fiscally?

General consensus on this forum is that shale is fiscally ir-responsible. 

Generally speaking all corporations of all industries are in business to make money. They only conform because it is in their interest to do so. Oil & gas are no worse or better than anybody else, but we are on an oil forum, so natural to discuss the O&G industry.

• Great Response! 1

Rasmus,

My apologies! I thought you were directing your comment towards the entire O&G industry, not the shale oil segment.

I believe that time will tell how the shale oil industry has been managed or mismanaged as nobody seems to be willing to admit, at this point, that financially it is built on a 'foundation of sand', they are burning through a national resource without a thought for the future and that they are being played as a political tool at the moment. 

6 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

General consensus on this forum is that shale is fiscally ir-responsible.

Speak for yourself; this forum has no "consensus". 

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Rasmus,

My apologies! I thought you were directing your comment towards the entire O&G industry, not the shale oil segment.

I believe that time will tell how the shale oil industry has been managed or mismanaged as nobody seems to be willing to admit, at this point, that financially it is built on a 'foundation of sand', they are burning through a national resource without a thought for the future and that they are being played as a political tool at the moment. 

It actually was not my comment. I just agreed with parts of it. 

I have no beef with the O&G industry. In fact, I love the offshore industry. However, I do NOT put the industry on a piedestal either. knowing it from the inside means that I know that it is not perfect. 

18 hours ago, BenFranklin'sSpectacles said:

Speak for yourself; this forum has no "consensus". 

My mistake. Sorry.

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2019 at 7:32 AM, Douglas Buckland said:

Not sure what a "military-industrial-congressional complex" refers to. The term 'military industrial complex' is well documented, but throwing 'congressional' in there confuses the issue.

Assuming that you have a valid point, two wrongs do not make a right. Imposing a tariff on the competition simply to keep a segment of one industry afloat smacks of government subsidy...which we are presently at odds with China over.

Before you get on the bandwagon of 'that's exactly what Trump is doing', think again. Trump is using the only viable tool he has to address a trade imbalance between nations, not a specific industry.

The complex doesn't work without congress. 

When your competition plays dirty, you either meet them at their level or you fail.  Rules of war, fighting, and trade are courtesies.  I see nothing wrong with withholding courtesies from a persistently underhanded opponent.