AV

Is This The End of BBQ?

According to scientists from the University of Sheffield’s Institute for Sustainable Food studying the impact of food choices on the environment, a typical summer barbecue for four people releases more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than an 80-mile car journey. Research shows swapping beef burgers for vegan options could slash environmental impact of barbecues.

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/sustainable-food/research/stories/typical-summer-bbq-releases-more-greenhouse-gas-emissions-80-mile-car-journey

9 minutes ago, Adam Varga said:

According to scientists from the University of Sheffield’s Institute for Sustainable Food studying the impact of food choices on the environment, a typical summer barbecue for four people releases more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere than an 80-mile car journey. Research shows swapping beef burgers for vegan options could slash environmental impact of barbecues.

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/sustainable-food/research/stories/typical-summer-bbq-releases-more-greenhouse-gas-emissions-80-mile-car-journey

The researchers are more than welcome to swap beef burgers for vegan options. I will go drive my super charged twin turbo Ranger Rover or my custom super charged Hummer to the ranch and get fresh beef for steaks and burgers!!!

Besides what these scientists are describing is "grilling" not "bbq" ;)

What about propane for grilling/bbq?

MaxthonSnap20190115203032.jpg

MaxthonSnap20190115231109.jpg

MaxthonSnap20190128183712.jpg

MaxthonSnap20190129020809.jpg

MaxthonSnap20190131230508.jpg

MaxthonSnap20190514213501.jpg

MaxthonSnap20190514213611.jpg

MaxthonSnap20190627082539.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I can't believe that I actually agree with ceo! Well said! Nothing can compete with good BBQ (or quality grilling for that matter...).

I will drown in rising sea levels before turning vegan! I think that going vegan was the root cause of the demise of Neanderthals...

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

LOL, why is it that you cant believe to agree with me on whatever?

Come over for a good get -together and we can all agree to have a good time and agree to move on for the betterment of the industry and the world!!!Singapore? Dubai? sydney? Houston? etc, Kua-la

I am always floating around

5 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I can't believe that I actually agree with ceo! Well said! Nothing can compete with good BBQ (or quality grilling for that matter...).

I will drown in rising sea levels before turning vegan! I think that going vegan was the root cause of the demise of Neanderthals...

And I absolutely dont mind Vegan!!!

as a side to my steak !!!!!

Exactly! But it is a side show for the main attraction...

3 hours ago, ceo_energemsier said:

LOL, why is it that you cant believe to agree with me on whatever?

Come over for a good get -together and we can all agree to have a good time and agree to move on for the betterment of the industry and the world!!!Singapore? Dubai? sydney? Houston? etc, Kua-la

I am always floating around

Let me know if you get to KL!

And now you know why those refinery guys make that special distillation cut called "lighter fluid".......

Shrimp on the barbie.  Man, that looks good.  I have been living a far too Puritan life. Oh, well.

• Haha 1

On 7/1/2019 at 3:22 PM, ceo_energemsier said:

What about propane for grilling/bbq?

Wood charcoal is less convenient but has better flavor - and is renewable!

4TMTVIGVJBGMTKNHOIK35M2L2Q.jpeg

Beyond Meat has released a "meatier" version of its flagship Beyond Burger -- a plant-based patty meant to look and taste like real hamburger. 

Ick.  Do not want. 

Nope, I'm not going to give up meat, and I still eat raw beef and raw fish on occasion. 

A few years ago I learned my lesson by being mostly vegetarian for a couple years.  Never again.  Kept getting unwell, not enough protein.  Humans thrive on meat.

Off the Menu: Plant-based dishes becoming grill favorites

"Not all that long ago, summertime dining was synonymous with juicy hamburgers, heat-blistered franks, fire-glazed barbecued chicken, and thick steaks still sizzling from the grill.

But this summer the dining buzzword is "plant forward" as food technology and changing consumer preferences converge to produce a groundswell of interest in meat-free main dish experiences. Companies like Beyond Meat and Impossible Foods have reproduced the sensory experience of eating meat using a combination of pea protein and food chemistry magic. Another group of food entrepreneurs claim they can produce an authentic-tasting chicken meat substitute from feathers.

Plant forward foods were all the rage at this May’s National Restaurant Association trade show, an international showcase of what’s trending in the restaurant industry, and a growing number of national chains are developing and introducing plant-based menu items that mimic traditional animal protein foods. ..."

We have a couple hundred “plant based” sources of meat walking around our property here in south Texas. I promise to do my part in providing a source of “plant based” meat for your BBQ enjoyment. 

• Haha 1

On 7/5/2019 at 3:48 AM, Jan van Eck said:

And now you know why those refinery guys make that special distillation cut called "lighter fluid".......

Shrimp on the barbie.  Man, that looks good.  I have been living a far too Puritan life. Oh, well.

I got a lot of supply of that from the refinery LOL