Just an observation.  Today is 7/3/2019 has oil stopped affecting the world?  I see very little activity in the movement of oil as a whole. The observation is that because the United States is celebrating its so called independence from Great Britain the world of oil seems to have paused or is in a holding pattern. 

Why?   Or is it that the oil market is manipulated? That when the US pauses to do something big (IE 4th of July celebration) those who play/manipulate the market are otherwise occupied with their time.  

Have some fun with that easter egg of knowledge. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Brent Hamrick said:

Just an observation.  Today is 7/3/2019 has oil stopped affecting the world?  I see very little activity in the movement of oil as a whole. The observation is that because the United States is celebrating its so called independence from Great Britain the world of oil seems to have paused or is in a holding pattern. 

Why?   Or is it that the oil market is manipulated? That when the US pauses to do something big (IE 4th of July celebration) those who play/manipulate the market are otherwise occupied with their time.  

Has the exploration, drilling and production of oil, transport and storage of oil , refining of oil, use of oil stopped? Has the global use of oil and the global economy stopped, has the US stopped anything to do with oil for the 4th of July? NO, the market is moving and things are going on as usual.

Maybe I was a bit to cryptic with my comment.  But look at the news on Oil Price main page, most articles are 18 hours or older. 

There are 24 hrs in the day and the frenzy of reports/articles on a daily basis is staggering. Today being 7/3/19 there are very few. Why the drop off if all is normal. The reporting shouldn't change being that its a global market. Only USA celebrates that day but the world appears to pause for some reason. 

See this screen shot:  

image.thumb.png.a654f6aa56a94dbf7e3e338f47f4b31a.png

Look at the dates. TWO articles about the world oil market thus far on 7/3. And on the 2nd has 6. 

This is just an observation but kinda speaks volumes to me about the "free market".  

image.thumb.png.651483ed6e7d5ed7cddc97338a43146f.png

Wednesday, July 03, 2019
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimages.rigzone.com%2Fimages%2FRZ_750px_Newsletter_Commodities_dots.jpg&t=1562184057&ymreqid=7e8aa56a-bc02-9454-1ccd-fc012901ef00&sig=4RWASjysxVpuM41HnJPxFw--~C
(Bloomberg) -- Oil rebounded as a drop in U.S. gasoline supplies helped crude prices shrug off their biggest decline in a month.

Futures gained 1.9% in New York after the Energy Information Administration said gasoline inventories shrank by 1.58 million barrels last week, about twice the drop suggested by an industry report a day earlier. The encouraging sign for demand helped counter a smaller-than-expected decline in domestic crude stockpiles.

Prices were still far from recouping their 4.8% fall on Tuesday, when concerns about the global economy overshadowed a decision from OPEC and its allies to extend output cuts.

“Clearly, there is no getting away from economic bearishness and cooling demand fundamentals,” Stephen Brennock, an analyst at PVM Oil Associates Ltd., wrote in a report. “This morning, however, has provided a reprieve from the selling frenzy as those searching for a bullish catalyst pin their hopes on another drawdown in U.S. oil inventories.”

West Texas Intermediate crude for August delivery climbed $1.09 to $57.34 a barrel at the close of regular trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Brent for September settlement rose $1.42, or 2.3%, to $63.82 a barrel on the ICE Futures Europe Exchange after slumping 4.1% in the previous session. The global benchmark crude traded at a premium of $6.38 to WTI for the same month.

A Bloomberg survey of analysts had forecast a decline in U.S. crude stockpiles of about 3 million barrels, while an American Petroleum Institute report suggested it would be almost 5 million. But the gasoline drawdown was almost twice what API had found.

“We priced in even worse demand figures with the selloff yesterday,” said Phil Flynn, senior markets analyst at Price Futures Group in Chicago. “The reaction to the report today is a sign that we’ve priced in the bad news, and now we’ll start looking at some of the more bullish aspects of the market.”

Trading was light before the July Fourth holiday in the U.S., exacerbating any shift in sentiment, said Matt Sallee, a portfolio manager at Kansas-based Tortoise, which oversees about $20 billion in assets.

The EIA report “didn’t say anything too convincing one way or another for prices,” he said. “Crude’s obviously a little fragile right now. You’ve gotten the decision out of OPEC, but that was kind of a sell-the-news story.”

--With assistance from James Thornhill and Heesu Lee.

To contact the reporters on this story:
Alex Nussbaum in New York at anussbaum1@bloomberg.net;
Alex Longley in London at alongley@bloomberg.net

On 7/4/2019 at 12:52 AM, Brent Hamrick said:

Can you please clarify your statement, "...the United States is celebrating its so called independence from Great Britain...."?

An interesting comment which adds nothing to your post. Just curious why you included it.

23 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Can you please clarify your statement, "...the United States is celebrating its so called independence from Great Britain...."?

An interesting comment which adds nothing to your post. Just curious why you included it.

On October 19, 1781, Lord Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown, Virginia, to a combination of American revolutionaries, the French Navy Commanders, and so other hangers-on, and the army marched out.  As I recall, they then boarded ships for Halifax, Nova Scotia, and the Colonies were no more colonies.  It was then up to them to figure out where to go from there. 

That warfare stopped in 1791, here it is 2019, figure 226 years later, and the Americans are still drinking beer and shooting off fireworks and firing their guns into the air, a bit like the Taliban and the mujaheddin. How many more centuries is this going to go on?  All that gunfire scares my dogs. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

On October 19, 1781, Lord Cornwallis surrendered at Yorktown, Virginia, to a combination of American revolutionaries, the French Navy Commanders, and so other hangers-on, and the army marched out.  As I recall, they then boarded ships for Halifax, Nova Scotia, and the Colonies were no more colonies.  It was then up to them to figure out where to go from there. 

That warfare stopped in 1791, here it is 2019, figure 226 years later, and the Americans are still drinking beer and shooting off fireworks and firing their guns into the air, a bit like the Taliban and the mujaheddin. How many more centuries is this going to go on?  All that gunfire scares my dogs. 

HAPPY 4th, Happy Great American Independence Day...

May your dog seek and have some relieve and solace from the CBD/THC... just saw that a few hours ago on some  kind of news thing...they are promoting the thing..

Yes , fire works also set me off .... being reminded of the days being shot @. being tried to be blown up or tried to be sliced and diced by not so nice folks ................................................................. Yes if I or a whole lot of people I know and or dont know, had to jump each and everytime, some wind broke..................................

Yes and we can just wait and see how long the likes and ilks of Taliban etc can hang around, but then again , Lady O says we only gots 12 yrs? maybe climate change will kill off all those mongering critters and we dont even have 2 fire a round!!!!

LOL

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ceo_energemsier said:

Has it ever occurred to you that you would have been better off as part of Britain? 

• Upvote 1

Jan,

I am pretty sure many countries celebrate their independence long after the shooting stops.

Good excuse for a barbeque as well!😂

• Great Response! 1

1 minute ago, Jan van Eck said:

Has it ever occurred to you that you would have been better off as part of Britain? 

And how did you arrive at that little pearl of wisdom?

Yes it did and I negate that thought absolutely!! I have seen what the Brits did to their colonies across the world...

I am very thankful that a bunch of "yesteryear Americans" stood up to the Limey slimey and put an end to it!!!!

And by no means I am an "isolationist" etc

I had the great opportunity to be brought up and raised across the globe.............................

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Douglas Buckland said:

And how did you arrive at that little pearl of wisdom?

I invite you to take a good hard look at your Capitol and the utter dysfunction, mayhem, gridlock, backbiting, general insanity, and total lunacy that pervades the Legislature.  Now I invite you to take a good hard look at the utter dysfunction, gridlock, backbiting, general insanity, totally ludicrous behavior, and "Regulations" that emanate out of the Deep State, the federal bureaucracy and its autocrats.  Is this anything to write home about?  How can it possibly get any worse?

the US would be best advised to send a Delegation over to Windsor Castle, get down on bended knee, and say:  "Your Majesty, we are sorry about all that Revolution stuff, those guys were all hotheads, they did not represent the majority of people living in the Colonies, please accept our plea and send us Will and Kate to be our King and Queen for a decade.  Think of it as a practice run, we would be so delighted to have them as our own Royal Couple.  And if they say "No,"  then send us Harry and Meghan!"

Then again, you do risk rejection.  They just might say:  "You guys go keep Washington.  All yours.  Have a nice day."  Think about it.

• Haha 2

I invite you to take a good hard look at your Capitol and the utter dysfunction, mayhem, gridlock, backbiting, general insanity, and total lunacy that pervades the Legislature.  Now I invite you to take a good hard look at the utter dysfunction, gridlock, backbiting, general insanity, totally ludicrous behavior, and "Regulations" that emanate out of the Deep State, the federal bureaucracy and its autocrats.  Is this anything to write home about?  How can it possibly get any worse?

the US would be best advised to send a Delegation over to Windsor Castle, get down on bended knee, and say:  "Your Majesty, we are sorry about all that Revolution stuff, those guys were all hotheads, they did not represent the majority of people living in the Colonies, please accept our plea and send us Will and Kate to be our King and Queen for a decade.  Think of it as a practice run, we would be so delighted to have them as our own Royal Couple.  And if they say "No,"  then send us Harry and Meghan!"

Then again, you do risk rejection.  They just might say:  "You guys go keep Washington.  All yours.  Have a nice day."  Think about it.

I would risk ALL REJECTION from all the HINE-A$$E$ any given day and twice on a Sunday !!! be a great Funday!!

Jan, I think we should hang out together , have some great foods, great drinks , smell and inhale a few great barrels of American Shale LOL

and say OPPAAAA!!!!  You seem like a fun guy!!!

• Haha 1

(edited)

DFD7BEDB-3CF8-416D-AA63-9752B55C4E8C.jpeg

Edited by Bu22ard
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/3/2019 at 10:52 AM, Brent Hamrick said:

Yea , OK so when I have a bad allergy day, you may seem the market go up or down

O.o:D;)

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

And Brexit has gone so well...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jan van Eck said:

tradition of scaring the dogs started before the actual independence https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/07/04/this-fourth-of-july-put-american-pride-and-patriotism-on-full-display/

My US friends, enjoy and keep that great country of yours a) great and b) fiercely independent. Salut!

Thank you D!!!

I am workin  on  it every day to make it a great Country even when I am not there and even when I am living it up

i n Geneve and Monaco among other EU locales!!!

Dogs that go rabid need to be shot in the head!!!

I guess if it wasnt for the US of A , most of today's EU

would be eating  sauerkraut and giving the horrible salute!!!

Thanks to my and millions of other Yanks (Americans),  Father, Grandfathers and Great Grandfathers , who put their lives on the line

for folks like????? to make such comments

Thank you and God of your choice Bless You LOL

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

BTW the citizens of the United States are debtors still the crown.  http://www.civil-liberties.com/books/colony2.html 

On 7/3/2019 at 9:52 AM, Brent Hamrick said:

Aww, a pride filled disgruntled Brit who is now the dottering grumpy divorced step parent living off the largesse, generosity of their children.  Lets just hope you do not ever have to move in with us.  We like our freedom.  Thanks. 

On 7/3/2019 at 2:39 PM, Brent Hamrick said:

Maybe I was a bit to cryptic with my comment.  But look at the news on Oil Price main page, most articles are 18 hours or older. 

There are 24 hrs in the day and the frenzy of reports/articles on a daily basis is staggering. Today being 7/3/19 there are very few. Why the drop off if all is normal. The reporting shouldn't change being that its a global market. Only USA celebrates that day but the world appears to pause for some reason. 

See this screen shot:  

image.thumb.png.a654f6aa56a94dbf7e3e338f47f4b31a.png

Look at the dates. TWO articles about the world oil market thus far on 7/3. And on the 2nd has 6. 

This is just an observation but kinda speaks volumes to me about the "free market".  

@Brent Hamrick I get what your saying, all the shit stirrers are occupied, don’t worry we the UK had the USAs back on the day you dumped us, we captured an Iranian supplied Ex Panamanian oil tanker heading for Syria with heavy fuel oil. That special relationship keeping strong, would be interesting if they do retaliate and capture a UK vessel, then you will see what the little UK can do, there won’t be any tweets I can tell you that.

Just another visit from the SAS were used to it.

Go Go Go

010AE141-8054-44EE-BBC6-C00CA38ED10A.jpeg

13 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

U.S. created a nation in 1789 that was the cutting edge of what humans knew about governing, cutting away centuries of dead wood.  Britain made 1st industrial revolution, but U.S. was very close behind (Robert Fulton etc).  U.S. made second and third industrial revolutions.  U.S. went to the moon. U.S. certainly has big problems, but we have advanced humanity and we are trying to solve the problems.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ceo_energemsier said:

May your dog seek and have some relieve and solace from the CBD/THC... just saw that a few hours ago on some  kind of news thing...they are promoting the thing..

Yes , fire works also set me off .... being reminded of the days being shot @. being tried to be blown up or tried to be sliced and diced by not so nice folks ................................................................. Yes if I or a whole lot of people I know and or dont know, had to jump each and everytime, some wind broke..................................

Yes and we can just wait and see how long the likes and ilks of Taliban etc can hang around, but then again , Lady O says we only gots 12 yrs? maybe climate change will kill off all those mongering critters and we dont even have 2 fire a round!!!!

LOL

My dogs are so chilled they are the Dope smokers of the dog world but I’m with@Jan van Eck screw all that rockets and shit it scares my bitches and dat makes me mad.

20C9995F-7EBE-4F9D-928A-CD4CF13D1C2C.jpeg

• Great Response! 1

On 7/5/2019 at 6:16 PM, Toranaga said:

U.S. created a nation in 1789 that was the cutting edge of what humans knew about governing,

Is it still? 

On 7/5/2019 at 6:16 PM, Toranaga said:

U.S. went to the moon. U.S. certainly has big problems, but we have advanced humanity and we are trying to solve the problems. 

which problems? 

------------------------------

Please understand that I have no axe to grind with the US. In fact, there are places and people in the US that are very dear to me. But I do NOT think that the US belongs on a piedestal.