Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TB

US Adds Robust 224,000 Jobs In June

U.S. job growth rebounded in June as employers added 224,000 jobs, an indication of the economy’s durability after more than a decade of expansion. The Labor Department says the solid gain came after weak job growth of just 72,000 in May. The burst of hiring last month may suggest that employers are shaking off concerns about weaker global growth and the waning benefits from tax cuts. The unemployment rate ticked up to 3.7%, up from 3.6% for the previous two months as more people began searching for work. The strength of the jobs report could complicate a decision for the Federal Reserve late this month on whether to cut interest rates to help support the economy. Most investors anticipate a rate cut. Hourly wages rose 3.1% from a year ago.

I always prefer the data: What kind of jobs? Average pay? Industries represented?

6 minutes ago, Pavel said:

I always prefer the data: What kind of jobs? Average pay? Industries represented?

You are so close on my way of thinking. Because if these are $10-13 hour jobs as I’ve seen advertised mainly, this is misleading propaganda. It’s not exactly helpful. Who can take care of a family, have health insurance, pay rent, buy much food on that low salary.

How many of those were seasonal summer jobs held by teenagers? The jobs will be gone when school starts back up.

The jobs numbers are seasonally adjusted, as they always have been...

3 minutes ago, damirUSBiH said:

The jobs numbers are seasonally adjusted, as they always have been...

May: Much worse than expected

image.png.b012687dbeb4e399aaa3ddfc52dd586b.png

2 minutes ago, 50 shades of black said:

May: Much worse than expected

image.png.b012687dbeb4e399aaa3ddfc52dd586b.png

Yep. But, one (bad) month doesn’t mean the end of the upswing. Generally, economists are saying that results are  higher than expecting..

• Like 1