Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PZ

Migration From Eastern Europe Raises German Population To Record High

Germany’s population reached a record high of more than 83 million people last year, largely because migration, most of which came from eastern Europe, data showed on Tuesday. Net migration fell to some 400,000 people in 2018 from 416,000 in the previous year, the Federal Statistics Office said. European Union states remained the main origin of new arrivals with net migration of 202,000. Within this group, net migration was highest from Romania (68,000), Croatia (29,000), Bulgaria (27,000) and Poland (20,000), the data showed. Record-high employment and falling joblessness have led to a tightening labor market in Europe’s largest economy, with employers struggling to staff more than a million positions and work-related bottlenecks limiting overall economic growth.

• Like 1

So, enough space for everyone... I don't see "panic mode" from the german officials and administration...

As data shows, it's not just Eastern Europe... (This refers to the earlier period, but there is not much change.) So, Germany is like a migration paradise

image.png.1c19f39214609641f556fca39f1c4a13.png

• Great Response! 1

Globalists have decided to fix Europe's aging population by importing cheap labor and abolishing borders.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, rainman said:

Globalists have decided to fix Europe's aging population by importing cheap labor and abolishing borders.

Mass immigration is justified through the notion of global collectivism? I don't think so....

• Like 1

I don't think you fellows are grasping the realities of the situation in Germany. 

First, perhaps ten million German men died in WWII.  The big problem was not the loss of that workforce; it was the future loss of husbands to provide reproduction services to German women.  For every male shot dead, a German woman went without.  Their culture is not compatible with the idea of two wives for each husband. 

Second, there was a big loss to the gene pool. the German soldiers were by definition the best of the best.  The ones with poor quality genes tended to stay out of the Army.  They were not strong.  So Germany lost the Aryans, the Teutons of old.  That is tough to swallow. 

Third, facing a serious shortage of potential mates, a good number of German women became "war brides" to the Allies.  Specifically, Canadian and American soldiers and Officers (including non-commissioned officers, such as Sergeants) took home these war brides.  Those women became assimilated and never went back.  They had their children in North America. 

Fourth, the dismal conditions of communist East Germany led to huge reductions in marriage and reproduction.  So when Germany reunited, it was faced with a large increase in land area and population, the new injection largely being beyond reproductive age.  That became an instant tax burden, dragging down the German (West German) economy.  Things were so dismal that East German factories were offered to the Western businessmen for as little as One Deutschmark, and were rejected. Obsolete equipment and no workforce.  That is a bad combination.

So the solution back around 1965, and especially that big bulge in "Non-EU migrants" of the eighties, were Gastarbeiter from Turkey.  The idea was that the Turks would show up on work visas, stay a few years, then go back home.  That failed when the Turks did not go home, and instead brought their families from Turkey.  Today every large German city has a large Turkish Quarter in it.  The Turks are rapidly becoming assimilated, especially by the second generation. 

The further problem to day for Germany is that the age of first marriage for women continues to push back.  It is entirely common to meet a German woman of 40 who has yet to marry.  That tends to suppress the fecundity rate for the Teutonic women.  One solution is to import men from other countries.  Denmark and the Netherlands are prime candidates, as are the Baltic States and some from Poland.  I have met these women on the trains in Germany who lament to me about being 34 and not having a husband yet.  I buy them a nice Schnapps and try to commiserate. They don't seem to be into single procreation the way American and Canadian women are, though. 

The continued collapse of population has serious political consequences for Germany.  It is that factor that pushes "white" immigration.  Poland genetic stock is Slavic, but still close enough to German as to be socially acceptable. Romania, no chance.  Those migrants will remain enclaves, socially isolated.  I predict the Syrians, which are mostly middle class professionals, typically Christian, and well educated, will meld just fine.  Afghans, never.  The Afghan migrants will become a huge, festering problem in Europe and end up being deported or interned in camps in the former East Germany, behind wire.  Could be wrong, but that is where I see it headed.  Big problems ahead. 

• Great Response! 2

So even urban Afghans maintain a culture similar to that of the Taliban? I am trying to pinpoint the issue. Is it Islam in general or more of a national culture issue?

16 hours ago, ronwagn said:

So even urban Afghans maintain a culture similar to that of the Taliban? I am trying to pinpoint the issue. Is it Islam in general or more of a national culture issue?

In all candor, Ron, hard for me to decipher.  I remain mindful that generalizations are just that - generalizations.  One cannot account for individuals out of that.  I only had one Afghan colleague, a young man who emigrated with his family to the USA. He set up an interesting business, buying up Mercedes sedans used, loading into containers (stacked by crushing the roof pillars), then shipping to Hamburg, where the containers sere loaded onto truck chassis, then driven across Europe and through Turkey to Iran, through Iran, and into Kabul.  There, the cars were repaired, the roofs fixed, and re-sold to Afghans at a great mark-up.  Those Afghans in turn got their wealth by being contractors to the US Army, doing work such as fixing roads.  One such contract was written up by the US Army with wages estimated at USA dollar levels; the contractor simply hired locals at a hundred dollars a month and pocketed the huge difference.  Guys like that became my man's customers. 

My colleague had his business raided by the Feds, the confiscated his auto inventory and his bank accounts, and he fled and went underground.  It was not clear to me what the Feds' beef with him was, other than he was making money  (quite a bit, incidentally, not a bad gig for a poor boy).  I conclude the Feds were individually irritated that he was doing well and they were not, so they abused some Regulation and took it out on him. You get that kind of abuse from officials inside the USA, happens all day long especially to the native blacks. Capitalism is not as widely admired inside the USA as you might think.  In many respects, the USA is a gigantic bureaucratic State, akin to India. 

As to the societal problems inside Afghanistan, I suspect, but cannot determine, that they flow from a combination of historical confluence of Islam with a certain savagery, a barbarism especially towards women generally and members of other tribes specifically.  It is essentially a sort of medieval State, caught in some time warp.  It has become a murderous society, with the tools of murder imported from Russia and Western arms dealers and militaries.  I really do not see any hope for Afghanistan.  I think the problems there will continue until they are all dead.  Obviously, when everyone is dead, you have no more conflict.

The USA is not particularly good at nation-building. It tries to take artificial borders established by old Colonial Powers and craft those into modern Nation-States, complete with a Democracy and a Parliament.  I see no place where that has grafted onto a local culture.  It failed in Liberia, originally created and carved out of the African coast as a place where freed American slaves could be encouraged to be self-deported to in the 1800's.  Liberia became a two-caste society, with a vast amount of brutality and murder.  It failed in Central America, including in Panama and Guatemala, where the US Army came and stayed for over 30 years.  It failed in the Philippines, although some stability seems to have taken root, disrupted irregularly by dictators such as Marcos.  It failed in Okinawa, which remains a bizarre outsider State, which the US agreed to kick out of the UN. The only real success was the conquest of Europe, but that was in conjunction with other nations, specifically Britain and Canada. And it has failed spectacularly in Iraq.   Hard to imagine that the dismal conditions in Afghanistan are going to produce some spectacular success. 

Original Islam is a religion of peace.  it has been subverted, perverted, and twisted into this instrumentality of oppression by these local cultures.  Now you have these crazy Mullahs torturing Islam into some religion of sadism and revenge, going back to limb amputation, beheading, death by fire, and stoning.  And you have this unreal sexual brutality.  It has become a descent into the pits of Hell itself.  The world society will likely have to intern,segregated, large numbers of these Afghan Taliban males until the gene pool is extinguished.  Stopping internal reproduction might be the only plausible successful strategy. And that is why I  think Europe will  end up with internal internment camps,basically a Gulag Archipelago, the way Stalin did it with the Kulaks.  All in all, a very sad state of affairs. 

• Great Response! 2
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for your opinion and experience on this issue. Islam historically has been a brutal land conquering religion as have Judaism and Christianity. I see the world through Christianity though and think that it is now the most persecuted religion in the world. This is especially true in the Middle East and Africa. 

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2014/05/the_greatest_murder_machine_in_history.html

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, ronwagn said:

I see the world through Christianity though and think that it is now the most persecuted religion in the world.

No chance. There are these small spin-off religions that just get murdered out there.  You have this group, the Rohingya I think they are called, out in Burma.  Then there are the Baha'i in Iran, being slaughtered on an irregular basis. There was a small sect in Northern Iraq driven up into the hills, I forget who they were.  They were left to starve on some mountain top.  It goes on and on.  The Muslims in Bosnia got slaughtered by the Serbs in a particularly nasty and brutal war, one which the cultured West did nothing about, at least for the longest time  (remember the siege of Sarajevo?).  

The Christians at least have the advantage of numbers, and as a deterrent if attacked somewhere, the threat of retaliation tends to tamp things down. 

(edited)

Jan, it seems like you are not following what is happening in Sub Saharan Africa with the Boko Haram. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram Of course there are other such groups in other areas of Africa also. 

I have been following the Rohingya problem for years and I agree it is a persecution problem but they are Muslims and most have been able to flee to Bangladesh which is a Muslim country. Unfortunately, we cannot do much about Myanmar. 

The scale of Muslim persecution of Christians in the Middle east and Africa far surpasses that of Rohingya however. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boko_Haram

Boko Haram Killed 2,295 Teachers, Destroyed 1,500 Schools in Nigeria in Nine Years

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2019/05/24/boko-haram-killed-teachers-destroyed-schools-nigeria-in-nine-years/

https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/letters/decline-in-christian-population-of-the-middle-east-1.1191898

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_the_Middle_East

Edited by ronwagn
reference
  • Upvote 1