Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SK

On 7/21/2019 at 12:02 PM, James Regan said:

The main reason given to the British public to use British forces in Afghanistan after 9/11 was to purely clear the UK of Afghan Taliban Herion which was in epidemic at the time in the UK.

We (UK) had no other reason to get involved after The Iraq war after no WMDs were ever discovered, as in the current climate of Tankers it wasn’t our Buildings that got attacked but we needed a reason for the British public to get onboard again.

I don't remember heroin ever being touted as a reason to continue the war in Iraq. 

Yes, the first (and most trumpeted) reason was because there was "no doubt" (hah) Saddam had WMDs. 

To be honest, as a member of the British public, I never believed the WMD story as anything more to win our support for the war - which they never, ever really had.  We all (maybe a slight generalization but from what I understood from people around me), it was always about the oil.  The fact that Saddam was a bit of a nutter gave a convenient reason to go get that oil.

(edited)

On 7/22/2019 at 11:19 AM, James Regan said:

@Falcon

USA were the driving force for NATO to assist in the Korean War , after the second WW Europe had their own organization and USA wanted in.

Please DONT forget the USA inquisition of pinkos in the 50 & 60s and bay of pigs etc. so it suited for decades for the USA to have strategic bases all over Europe to try end stem the red wave so feared by USA.

Take a look who’s is in NATO and you will see a great deal of the countries have no beef or reason to with anyone and are quite small countries with zero world agenda.

USA pays its fair price in NATO, as it took the role of world police for one thing OIL, but now they are “self sufficient” the game has changed.

US in Korea and Japan serves as you northern command as Guam won’t get it it’s all relative 

All huge US aircraft carriers, nothing more nothing less , not charity but essential to the US war machine.

Great so US should close our bases in UK, Germany and Italy. I agree 100℅. 

US never tried to get NATO involved in Korea. At least the US saved half of Korea from an autocratic communist dictator.

NATO SMALL COUNTRIES ? BRITAIN, FRANCE , GERMANY NOT SMALL COUNTRIES

Britain is one of the only countries paying the pledged 2% GDP NATO dues beside US.

Looks like we both agree US should retire as world policeman

Looking forward to the day.

Edited by Falcon
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Kit Moore said:

I don't remember heroin ever being touted as a reason to continue the war in Iraq. 

Yes, the first (and most trumpeted) reason was because there was "no doubt" (hah) Saddam had WMDs. 

To be honest, as a member of the British public, I never believed the WMD story as anything more to win our support for the war - which they never, ever really had.  We all (maybe a slight generalization but from what I understood from people around me), it was always about the oil.  The fact that Saddam was a bit of a nutter gave a convenient reason to go get that oil.

@Kit Moore If you read the post I was talking about a different war, Invasion of Kuwait and the Iraq invasion has nothing to do with the Afghanistan War, the UK has no legitimate reason to get involved so one was invented. 

I don’t just make things up but I can assure you Britain was in a supportive mode for the USA based on Heroin clearance, how do I know this? My family were involved clearing house to house.

Do you remember Operation Anoconda when two American Chinooks were involved a failed mountainous assault on al Qaeda where the US forces were launched to attack supposed hill tribesmen who were under equipped. Well after the initial assault it was UK forces who were sent up to recon, what they found was millions of dollars of equipment which was left behind by the so called hill tribesmen, Gortex uniforms, Satelite comms, munitions, weapons, etc etc.

My point is there is a lot that went on during these wars that we are not aware of and if you believe 50% of what’s reported your going to be misinformed (as we all are)

The WMD story for Iraq was as you say very hard to swallow. Do you remember that nice scientist David Kelly that committed so called suicide days before he was going to release his findings to the Blair Government, all very dubious and leaves a bad taste in our mouths. Both US and the UK are knee deep in covert devious ops all based on commerce.

Changing it up a bit, Frankly I don’t see any other option that Iran can do at this point they have been strangled by the US and now is the best time for the to act and this time actually close the Straights of Hormuz, what would we do if the same was happening in the British channel?

respectfully 🙏🏻 James

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

@Kit Moore If you read the post I was talking about a different war, Invasion of Kuwait and the Iraq invasion has nothing to do with the Afghanistan War, the UK has no legitimate reason to get involved so one was invented. 

I don’t just make things up but I can assure you Britain was in a supportive mode for the USA based on Heroin clearance, how do I know this? My family were involved clearing house to house.

Do you remember Operation Anoconda when two American Chinooks were involved a failed mountainous assault on al Qaeda where the US forces were launched to attack supposed hill tribesmen who were under equipped. Well after the initial assault it was UK forces who were sent up to recon, what they found was millions of dollars of equipment which was left behind by the so called hill tribesmen, Gortex uniforms, Satelite comms, munitions, weapons, etc etc.

My point is there is a lot that went on during these wars that we are not aware of and if you believe 50% of what’s reported your going to be misinformed (as we all are)

The WMD story for Iraq was as you say very hard to swallow. Do you remember that nice scientist David Kelly that committed so called suicide days before he was going to release his findings to the Blair Government, all very dubious and leaves a bad taste in our mouths. Both US and the UK are knee deep in covert devious ops all based on commerce.

Changing it up a bit, Frankly I don’t see any other option that Iran can do at this point they have been strangled by the US and now is the best time for the to act and this time actually close the Straights of Hormuz, what would we do if the same was happening in the British channel?

respectfully 🙏🏻 James

Kit don't pay attention to James. He just publishes false information just to annoy people.  

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Ward Smith said:

Actually, just one state imports more than 50% of its oil through the Strait of Hormuz. I won't name the state, but here's a hint, it is populated by the most hypocritical humans on the planet, who tanked their own oil industry, calling it Evil, while increasing consumption of foreign oil every year. Oh and that one state accounts for 10% of US consumption by themselves. 

You wouldn't be talking about the state that has regulated the oil industry so vehemently that it is actually accusing the gasoline mikers in the state of highway robbery because of the cost of gasoline now. It wouldn't be the one with so many "sanctuary" cities that have now lost those federal funds for their police because of there refusal to obey the law? Or the one that has a GAGGLE of fat mouthed rich idiots telling America how we should be living with open borders, while they live in multi-million dollar estates with walls and armed security? Or the state that has bankrupted itself giving welfare benefits out to people that are in this country illegally? Or the state that has a legislature with so much extra time on their hands that they dream up legislation about how much cows are supposed to be allowed to fart? Would it happen to be one of those three on the west coast of America, south of the other two?

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 2

(edited)

14 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Kit don't pay attention to James. He just publishes false information just to annoy people.  

@Falcon Take a look at your feed it’s riddled with Nonsense and badgering, I’m only going to bite this once. Good to see it annoys you and only you. Stop acting like a troll as I know you are not, as sometimes in the middle of your drivel there is some interesting content.

You started this threaD DONT try and fuel it by talking down people personally.

Now go to the mirror and have a word with yourself and behave.👍🏻

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

2 hours ago, Falcon said:

Great so US should closes our bases in UK, Germany and Italy. I agree 100℅. 

US never tried to get NATO involved in Korea. At least the US saved half of Korea from an autocratic communist dictator.

NATO SMALL COMPANIES ? BRITAIN, FRANCE , GERMANY NOT SMALL COUNTRIRS

Britain is one of the only countries paying the pledged 2% NATO dues beside US.

Looks like we both agree US should retire as world policeman

Looking forward to the day.

@Falcon How old are you? Just want to get an idea of how you come to your remarks, seriously it’s important.

Britain in the 80s and 90s were fundamentally important to America and the Cold War, I’m sure you have never heard of RAF Edzell in Scotland ( note RAF) although it is a US spy base with airstrip completely ran by the USA no British, why would the UK do this? RAF Lakenheath another US air base under US control. And the list goes on into Europe etc.

Two reasons the main reason is for the US to have strategic bases with nuclear missilery close to Russia and to avoid or affect the amount of nuclear missiles that could be launched into the east coast of the USA. Secondly U.K. etc gets some extra protection but carries the huge risk that it would be flattened before the USA, for this you should be thankful not insulted. Britain had more US Nukes on our land than our own, and we didn’t need your bombs.

Your post is a typically Trumpesque as you have obviously no idea or consideration of the history as to how and why we are where are today. Pulling out of the Iran nuclear accord was completely ignorant and purely motivated by politics ie Obama did DT undoes.

Unfortunately the USA has done its worse and needs to continue as world policemen in order to protect the homeland, the US is public enemy number 1 with 99.9% of terrorist groups closely followed by Israel.

Steve don’t think you can have your country plunder the world of oil and stick noses where it doesn’t belong and then one day just jump out of the game, your in it for the long haul. Just because you have found your own oil doesn’t mean everything changes in the countries who were devastated in order to quench a previous apetite for foreign blends.

Just remember that the US in NATO is to protect the USA nothing more nothing less, DONT confuse it.

China I think is a good deal and your man is doing the right thing should have been done a long time ago.

respectfully 🙏🏻 James

Edited by James Regan
  • Great Response! 1

3 hours ago, SERWIN said:

You wouldn't be talking about the state that has regulated the oil industry so vehemently that it is actually accusing the gasoline mikers in the state of highway robbery because of the cost of gasoline now. It wouldn't be the one with so many "sanctuary" cities that have now lost those federal funds for their police because of there refusal to obey the law? Or the one that has a GAGGLE of fat mouthed rich idiots telling America how we should be living with open borders, while they live in multi-million dollar estates with walls and armed security? Or the state that has bankrupted itself giving welfare benefits out to people that are in this country illegally? Or the state that has a legislature with so much extra time on their hands that they dream up legislation about how much cows are supposed to be allowed to fart? Would it happen to be one of those three on the west coast of America, south of the other two?

I'm just interested in the brother-in-law who gets the highly paid government gig to go out and smell those cow farts  :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, James Regan said:

@Falcon How old are you? Just want to get an idea of how you come to your remarks, seriously it’s important.

Britain in the 80s and 90s were fundamentally important to America and the Cold War, I’m sure you have never heard of RAF Edzell in Scotland ( note RAF) although it is a US spy base with airstrip completely ran by the USA no British, why would the UK do this? RAF Lakenheath another US air base under US control. And the list goes on into Europe etc.

Two reasons the main reason is for the US to have strategic bases with nuclear missilery close to Russia and to avoid or affect the amount of nuclear missiles that could be launched into the east coast of the USA. Secondly U.K. etc gets some extra protection but carries the huge risk that it would be flattened before the USA, for this you should be thankful not insulted. Britain had more US Nukes on our land than our own, and we didn’t need your bombs.

Your post is a typically Trumpesque as you have obviously no idea or consideration of the history as to how and why we are where are today. Pulling out of the Iran nuclear accord was completely ignorant and purely motivated by politics ie Obama did DT undoes.

Unfortunately the USA has done its worse and needs to continue as world policemen in order to protect the homeland, the US is public enemy number 1 with 99.9% of terrorist groups closely followed by Israel.

Steve don’t think you can have your country plunder the world of oil and stick noses where it doesn’t belong and then one day just jump out of the game, your in it for the long haul. Just because you have found your own oil doesn’t mean everything changes in the countries who were devastated in order to quench a previous apetite for foreign blends.

Just remember that the US in NATO is to protect the USA nothing more nothing less, DONT confuse it.

China I think is a good deal and your man is doing the right thing should have been done a long time ago.

respectfully 🙏🏻 James

My history tells me you'd be posting this in German if we hadn't saved your sorry arses in WWII. Just sayin

• Haha 1

(edited)

1 hour ago, Ward Smith said:

My history tells me you'd be posting this in German if we hadn't saved your sorry arses in WWII. Just sayin

Saved our “sorry” Asses ? ( good try with arses) Great choice of words Ward! If you remember you guys stayed out of WW2 in Europe only until the Axis powers managed to engage yourselves by bombing Pearl Harbour, before that it was “over there” out of sight out of mind.

Remember it was a World War not an American war and I suppose the British, Canadian, Russian, French, Australian, Indian, Brasilian, New Zealand , Iish, Burmese,and  Polish Civilians ( whom made a massive impact) were all just watching you guys bail out sorry asses out.

Your comment about us speaking German is not at all well received, once again ignorance prevails as you were actually saving your own asses, good brave men died none of them sorry. 

Having never had to fight a modern war in your own country against invading forces I wouldn’t expect you guys to have to much passion , unfortunately we still live with WW2 very fresh in our lives and families.

Just Sayin....

Edited by James Regan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

Saved our “sorry” Asses ? ( good try with arses) Great choice of words Ward! If you remember you guys stayed out of WW2 in Europe only until the Axis powers managed to engage yourselves by bombing Pearl Harbour, before that it was “over there” out of sight out of mind.

Remember it was a World War not an American war and I suppose the British, Canadian, Russian, French, Australian, Indian, Brasilian, New Zealand , Iish, Burmese,and  Polish Civilians ( whom made a massive impact) were all just watching you guys bail out sorry asses out.

Your comment about us speaking German is not at all well received, once again ignorance prevails as you were actually saving your own asses, good brave men died none of them sorry. 

Having never had to fight a modern war in your own country against invading forces I wouldn’t expect you guys to have to much passion , unfortunately we still live with WW2 very fresh in our lives and families.

Just Sayin....

When I think 

Just Sayin....

My grandfather was stationed in England during the big one , WWII.  US Air force.

When I think of England the image of Benny Hill playing the dirty old man chasing the nurses and maids around the garden comes to mind.

England greatest military accomplishment was the Falkland Islands.  All those sheep must have put up a real fight.  

The news clips show the Brits celebrating the return of their soldiers from the Falklands.  The way the Brits carried on you would of thought they did something special like storm Normandy on D-Day.

Benny Hill the greatest Brit of all time. 

😀

Edited by Falcon
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Kit Moore said:

The fact that Saddam was a bit of a nutter gave a convenient reason to go get that oil

Nooooo, Saddam was killing off the Kurds in Northern Iraq with Poison Gas. They had some years getting the wmd's into Syria. Saddam was not a "Nutter", he was a brilliant Dictator but got too damn greedy and when he went into Kuwait, that was the straw......

• Great Response! 1

(edited)

52 minutes ago, Falcon said:

When I think 

My grandfather was stationed in England during the big one , WWII.  US Air force.

When I think of England the image of Benny Hill playing the dirty old man chasing the nurses and maids around the garden comes to mind.

England greatest military accomplishment was the Falkland Islands.  All those sheep must have put up a real fight.  

The news clips show the Brits celebrating the return of their soldiers from the Falklands.  The way the Brits carried on you would of thought they did something special like storm Normandy on D-Day.

Benny Hill the greatest Brit of all time. 

😀

Haha Benny Hill yes he seems to be liked in the states. Great Ambassador for us.

When I think of the USA I see a great country that was another one of the Great British empires primarily the north east compared to the rest of the country the locals appear to be fairy intelligent 🤓.

Wont stoop to your level by dissing US soldiers or fallen soldiers and families,best drop it Steve this is going nowhere.

Where was you grandfather stationed my Dads side were all RAF?

Edited by James Regan

18 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Why are firetrucks always near fires? :)  It's possible the crime came before the laws.  Criminals don't follow laws and in a country where guns are easy to get/everywhere the gun laws can't work.  NRA logic is "more guns" in a country where guns literally outnumber people.

Yeah, let's give kindergarten teachers guns...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DQ-2tDzJxw

All due respect, it is a silly notion to think that all the shootings year after year in Chicago are done by people who legally obtained the gun before they were outlawed.  If that is what you are inferring.  Roughly 60% of guns used in violent crimes in Chicago were purchased legally in Chicago and obtained and possessed illegally by the criminal after the fact.  40% are obtained elsewhere.  There are also about 760,000 instances a year where a crime has been averted by a legal gun owner in America .  Studies also show that the higher number of conceal carry permits issued, the lower violent crime is in that area.  The guns are not the problem, they do not fire themselves, as most kindergartners know, and the amount of guns are not the problem either.  Switzerland and Israel have many more guns per capita than America and have less gun violence.  Also violent crime has been cut in half from 1993 to 2013 in America and in Broward County Florida where the Marjory Stoneman high school shooting was , they have enacted a law that allows teachers who are properly trained and are willing to, conceal and carry guns in school to protect the students. We allow people with guns to protect us everywhere such as Banks and the like. Why should not our most vulnerable be protected as well?

Criminals don't follow laws anywhere. That's why they are criminals and that's why you essentially prove my point, making more and more gun laws only affects legal gun owners. It's pointless. We have many laws on the books now that are sufficient for legal gun ownership. Background checks being one of them. Everyone has to have a background check, even at gun shows regardless of what the media tries to tell you. The problem with gun violence in areas such as Chicago is more of an economic and social problem. Most of it is gang-related. 

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-justice/commentary/here-are-8-stubborn-facts-gun-violence-america

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

11 minutes ago, Jakridge said:

All due respect, it is a silly notion to think that all the shootings year after year in Chicago are done by people who legally obtained the gun before they were outlawed.  If that is what you are inferring.  Roughly 60% of guns used in violent crimes in Chicago were purchased legally in Chicago and obtained and possessed illegally by the criminal after the fact.  40% are obtained elsewhere. 

Close but no Cigar, all guns in Shitcago are banned. Illegal to have. So it would be 100% obtained elsewhere. Black on Black about 92% last I read. Down here 130 miles southwest in Peoria 4 shootings this weekend. Legal to buy guns in all but Cook County I believe.

Edited by Old-Ruffneck
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

Close but no Cigar, all guns in Shitcago are banned. Illegal to have. So it would be 100% obtained elsewhere. Black on Black about 92% last I read. Down here 130 miles southwest in Peoria 4 shootings this weekend. Legal to buy guns in all but Cook County I believe.

Ten-Four. Thanks for the correction I went back and read the axios article that I got that from and it stated that 40% guns recovered from violent crimes came from areas of Illinois that had less strict gun laws. I incorrectly inferred that the other 60% came from the local area. Looking on it now it said 21% came from Indiana where gun laws are less strict as well. Thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old-Ruffneck said:

For the stats: heyjackass.com

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 5:57 PM, Falcon said:

Iran Oil exports dropped 2 mm bbls/day to 500K bbls in last 15 months.

( 2mm bbls X $65 = $130 million)

450 days to election X 2 mm bbls/day X $65 = $58,500,000,000. Lost Revenue

Falcon, S&P Platts estimates that as much as 2 million bpd of Iranian exports can't be sold. An extra 2 million bpd would push oil down to about $40.  Please revise your numbers.

On 7/20/2019 at 10:19 PM, Ward Smith said:

The insurance companies won't let them

On 7/20/2019 at 11:36 PM, Jan van Eck said:

I never head that, Ward.  My understanding is that the ship cannot tie up in port to load with guns on board, and they would get confiscated by the police and the holders would be arrested.  The largest concern of the locals is some merc overthrow attempt, as happened in the Comoros Islands, as I recall.  Merc forces make those unstable autocratic governments nervous. 

As far as I understand there are no rules against a ship having armed guards onboard in International waters. Once you are in a countrys EEZ it is their rules that apply. 

The thing I know off with the insurance companies is that there is premium increase due to escalation risk. Exactly why I don't know, but my guess is that the risk of having to bear the clean-up costs in case an RPG was fired at the ship far outweigh a potential ransom payment.