James Regan

Afghanistan Gone in a Week- Trump States

3 hours ago, NickW said:

Rumour has it that Michael may run in 2020 so Barack will be pulling some strings there.

Heaven help us!!!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Heaven help us!!!

Not a chance in Hades she runs. If that is a fear your harbor, sleep well. She dislikes the game and the players.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:24 AM, Jan van Eck said:

That said, so have the Republicans.  Party politics in the USA is in a phase of collapse.  If I were to assign blame, I would start with Karl Rove and Newt Gingrich.  Then I would expand to Mitch McConnell and the Clintons.  All those people totally despise the average Americans, and view them all as nitwits and rubes.  That colossal arrogance is, in my view, what has brought this about.  Not the Parties of Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter, that's for sure!

To be fair, today's Americans do seem to be nitwits and rubes.  I watched education decline during the short 16 years I suffered in it; I can't imagine how much it's declined in the 60ish years since the cultural revolution sent us down a path of unchecked emotion and incompetence. 

• Like 1

(edited)

11 hours ago, BenFranklin'sSpectacles said:

To be fair, today's Americans do seem to be nitwits and rubes.  I watched education decline during the short 16 years I suffered in it; I can't imagine how much it's declined in the 60ish years since the cultural revolution sent us down a path of unchecked emotion and incompetence. 

These are the problems of the public schools and the advance of teachers being hired to "teach" subjects beyond math, English, German, French, biology, physics, history, geography, literature, music, art, speed typing, and soccer.  Did I miss something?  Once you get beyond that and start to "teach" stuff that really has nothing to do with school, the trouble starts, specifically because resources get frittered away.  And now you know why some parents will make huge financial sacrifices to send their kids to private schools. 

Edited by Jan van Eck
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

And now you know why some parents will make huge financial sacrifices to send their kids to private schools. 

Yes - and when they're unable to afford good private schools, I've seen them take education into their own hands with good results. 

When I have kids, I'll be sending my kids to private schools.  At home, I'll be teaching them the evils of government, pop culture, and everything else that's wrecked this country.