Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Musk Sells Flamethrowers to Fund Boring Company

Elon Musk is selling flamethrowers and it's not fake news. it's a funding strategy for his Boring Company. I can't help but wonder what will be next? I very much likeĀ his approach to business, I have to say. Is there anyone else today with such fun ideas about how a business may be funded? It's kind of geniusĀ getting on the twin wagon of Musk-mania and the zombie fad.

Love it. It's almost like he's just taking the piss ... and getting rich doing it. Enjoy the odd optimistic-cynicism.

Ordering a flamethrower now ...

Ā 

Screen Shot 2018-01-30 at 11.02.52 AM.png

I absolutely must have one. Only $500 a pop, and not federally regulated! LOVE IT. You never know when the zombie apocalypse will be upon us.

So this guy wants to ban on Ā Muskā€™s Ā flamethrower. I canā€™t believe this is actually an issue as itā€™s just a glorified propane torch, meant as a novelty.Ā 

Well to some people, this is an inhumane dangerous flamethrower. To us others, it is a novelty butane torch. Thatā€™s why marketing matters.Ā 

Like they have to worry about flamethrowers. Today we could just walk in local store and buy a gun legally but we should be really scared of barbecue nerf guns? Yeah right. Ā 
Ā 

They are already restricted in CA and require fire marshall approval to use because of the risk of brush fires, what actually makes sense.Ā 
Ā 

The problem is when a politician says something about an issue in such a way that you can tell they are entirely clueless. Like this is a real problem. It would be better not to waste precious legislative time doing nonsense, like this one, to ban a flamethrower. With news like this it sounds more important to do it than to deal with any actual problems.Ā 

On 1/30/2018 at 6:35 PM, Rodent said:

I absolutely must have one. Only $500 a pop, and not federally regulated! LOVE IT. You never know when the zombie apocalypse will be upon us.

Hear, hear. Also, it looks very cool.