Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marina Schwarz

Bad News for Texas Oil Workers

The oil and gas workforce in Texas has shrunk to the lowest in seven years. So the hopes of another boom in hiring won't materialize, it seems. Thank technology.

7 hours ago, Marina Schwarz said:

The oil and gas workforce in Texas has shrunk to the lowest in seven years. So the hopes of another boom in hiring won't materialize, it seems. Thank technology.

You mean these Texas oil workers? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-oil-drugs/meth-coke-and-oil-a-drug-boom-in-the-texas-shale-patch-idUSKCN1BI0F5. 

wddd.gif

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Addy said:

Even meth-heads need jobs.... on second thought, perhaps not operating heavy machinery, though. I don't get the higher drug use among industrial workers, though. Long hours, I guess, but why are the shifts longer than any other? Maybe we need a scientific study. I have some spare tax dollars....

Those spare tax dollars will be paying for Melania's trip to the spa to calm her nerves over Stormy, says People Mag ($64,000 flight). Might have been more relaxing to hang out with these lovely meth-heads on second thought (and cheaper). 

Meanwhile, Oklahoma oil company Chesapeake ($CHK) shedding 400 jobs. Stock down almost 6% today. Ouch!

Lost almost 10% in a week, but it's bouncing back in the pre-market today .... fingers crossed. This was one some were expecting good news from on earnings call day (22 February). I'm not so sure ....

49 minutes ago, Carlsbad said:

Lost almost 10% in a week, but it's bouncing back in the pre-market today .... fingers crossed. This was one some were expecting good news from on earnings call day (22 February). I'm not so sure ....

"Many a slip..." and all that. Feb 22 is a looooong way away, I saw this went up in pre-market, but now its sliding again. Not good, my friends! But might present a buying opportunity at least temporarily.