The US Commerce Department sent the results of its long-awaited national security investigation into steel imports to the White House, setting the stage for President Donald Trump to make a decision on whether to impose quotas or tariffs within the next 90 days. The invocation of Section 232 would allow the United States to finally start fighting back in the trade war already launched against us by countries like China.  

Over the course of the past 15 years, China has ramped up production to more than 800 million tons of steel a year — more than half of the world’s capacity. To put that into perspective, 70 percent of the world’s capacity was produced by the United States back in the 1970s. We're now down to a mere 5 percent. So yet, I also believe it is time

• Upvote 1

or we can just take Shenzhen as US territory. Much easier  

Steel is done just like coal

Point is, we should not be dependent on any other country for any resource if at all possible. But if anyone can do it President Trump will be that person.

Protectionism is for losers and desperate. History proves it.

Trump's business decisions prior to taking office are wholly different than his decisions in office, as it should be. He had an obligation to do what is best for his business--LIKE ANY OTHER BUSINESS OWNER--irrespective of the bigger trade war picture. Now he needs to act in the best interest of the country, rather than the best interest of his company. That makes perfect sense, and anyone who doesn't understand that necessary shifting of gears is purposefully ignorant.

2 hours ago, Addy said:

Trump's business decisions prior to taking office are wholly different than his decisions in office, as it should be. He had an obligation to do what is best for his business--LIKE ANY OTHER BUSINESS OWNER--irrespective of the bigger trade war picture. Now he needs to act in the best interest of the country, rather than the best interest of his company. That makes perfect sense, and anyone who doesn't understand that necessary shifting of gears is purposefully ignorant.

Don't forget that Trump filed for bankruptcy four times. Are you willing to risk it?

On 1/30/2018 at 12:44 PM, Joanna said:

Don't forget that Trump filed for bankruptcy four times. Are you willing to risk it?

Yup. Just doing what was in his best interest. Lots of companies file bankruptcy because it's the wise thing to do.  It's like trading. You win some, you lose some. As long as you win more than you lose--it's all good. 

10 minutes ago, Addy said:

Yup. Just doing what was in his best interest. Lots of companies file bankruptcy because it's the wise thing to do.  It's like trading. You win some, you lose some. As long as you win more than you lose--it's all good. 

I guess I thought being President of one country is more than gambler or company owner 

45 minutes ago, Joanna said:

I guess I thought being President of one country is more than gambler or company owner 

You thought right. I'm talking about his bankruptcy for his businesses.