Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rainman

Edward Snowden Book Coming Out Sept. 17

Former National Security Agency contractor Edward Snowden has written a memoir. The book by the man whose leaks of classified documents transformed the debate about government surveillance is coming out Sept. 17. Metropolitan Books, an imprint of Macmillan Publishers, announced Thursday that Snowden’s “Permanent Record” will be released simultaneously in more than 20 countries, including the U.S., Germany and Britain. According to Metropolitan, Snowden will describe his role in the accumulation of metadata and the “crisis of conscience” that led him to steal a trove of files in 2013 and share them with reporters. Metropolitan spokeswoman Pat Eisemann declined to offer additional details. Snowden, who faces U.S. charges that could land him in prison, is currently living in exile in Moscow. He has been widely condemned by intelligence officials, who allege Snowden has caused lasting damage to national security, and defended by civil libertarians and other privacy advocates who praise Snowden for revealing the extent of information the government was gathering. Notable revelations included a massive program collecting metadata on millions of domestic phone calls. “Edward Snowden decided at the age of 29 to give up his entire future for the good of his country,” John Sargent, CEO of Macmillan, said in a statement. “He displayed enormous courage in doing so, and like him or not, his is an incredible American story. There is no doubt that the world is a better and more private place for his actions. Macmillan is enormously proud to publish ‘Permanent Record.’”

• Upvote 1

And suppose, the co-author is .... Putin!

• Upvote 1

For me the best case scenario it would be if someone leaked his book early online😂

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

A lot of people think ES is a hero. I'm not one of them.

• Like 1

The guy has to earn a living, Moscow is an expensive city to live and apparently Putin is not paying him a pension.

Name of the book: "Russian assets and betrayal of homeland"

So, he had committed a crime against the country and gone into Putin’s autocracy. And has not been punished.

I have been far more concerned about our own government, and all the other governments around the world, since Snowden revealed the horrible abuse that our government has been guilty of. The atrocious attempt to deprive President Trump of his election victory has also been of great concern. It should be by all. No one can have a private life without being a virtual hermit due to our governments and how they have allowed Facebook, Google, Twitter, et all to abuse the internet in every possible way. 

My topic on privacy, Big Brother, and spying. https://docs.google.com/document/d/180xMs2bPaqtbPGo0HHRzhO1U6lsED1XEvO9R_tX3BqE/edit

• Upvote 1

I sincerely hope that Snowden is enjoying his Russian vacation....and does so for the rest of his life.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2019 at 10:59 AM, Pavel said:

And suppose, the co-author is .... Putin!

Pavel, What do you think of the youth in Russia having the courage to demonstrate against Putin. More importantly how the Russian economy will fare over time if energy prices remain low? The population is also decreasing. I pray the best for the Russian people, and that they can force a real democracy.