Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James Regan

Trump Tweets and Timber.......

Unbelievable the power this person has at the end of his finger.

TRUMP TWEETS...

CEF827DB-015E-40F5-A6C7-D431AB3C33F7.jpeg

CBD9C6D7-8C62-4A24-9396-EADF1125680A.jpeg

• Haha 1

James, do you have any idea what the Tweet was that set this one off?  

(edited)

10 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

James, do you have any idea what the Tweet was that set this one off?  

Jan I Believe it was these two, what a way to try and put some gas into the trade talks. 

EE64A9F3-1795-4E2D-9BF8-DDFE871019A9.jpeg

Edited by James Regan

Is it good business or ego that DT didn’t get the result he wanted from the FED so he launched another ballistic sanction?

Where is this going?

Imagine if DT was a trigger happy war monger , we would most definitely be in WW3

3 hours ago, James Regan said:

Is it good business or ego that DT didn’t get the result he wanted from the FED so he launched another ballistic sanction?

Where is this going?

Note that there was no change in the Chinese posture on US agricultural products.  The new 10% tariffs would raise perhaps 20 billion, and that would be used as compensation payments to farmers, so that makes good sense.  You don't want to pay tariffs? Fine; go back to buying soybeans.

For a while, China was buying Canadian soybeans instead of US, but then the arrest of the Hauwei executive  (the woman under a mild house arrest, really a city arrest, in Vancouver) rolled in, and the Chinese are also apparently boycotting Canadian product.  Are the Chinese going to change their posture?  I doubt it.  They are sitting on two Canadian businessmen, charging them with some vague "spying" crime, and are threatening the death penalty  (a penalty not to be taken lightly in China, as China has no courts of appeal, and the conviction rate at the trial court level is over 99%).  Basically, if you are charged in China, you are done for, you are already on the chain gang. 

The overall result will be and remain a slight reduction in US-Chines, and Canadian-Chinese, trade flows.  How big that reduction gets, is anybody's guess.  Looks like the oil traders figure it could be quite the hit.  Is that emotion or logic?  Nobody knows.  The market is the collective of the greed and fear of thousands of traders.  

I personally think that oil will go quite low, way way down, because much lower numbers are the historical level. $29?  Hey, could be.  Might take several years to end up there, though. 

I was writing about Trump recently in my opinions about him controlling the oil market to make himself investment profits, but the majority of people out there don’t believe me.  Seems like every time the OILD stock gets to $19.25 /per share — that’s when oil price starts going down.  Sometimes, but not as often, when OILD is at 18.23 Trump gets oil to go down.  I definitely think he plays both sides of the market with oil, and he does it for HIMSELF and his profits.  He’s still a CHEATER with money.  

(edited)

Hard to believe that Trump has the time to get into the trader market on his own.  Far too busy arguing with Congress and everyone else. Cheers.

Edited by Jan van Eck

5 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Hard to believe that Trump has the time to get into the trader market on his own.  Far too busy arguing with Congress and everyone else. Cheers.

He’s too busy tweeting.... 🐣 

• Haha 1

He has all the time in the world for Twitter so, why not the oil market & oil ETFs??

12 minutes ago, David Zernhelt said:

He has all the time in the world for Twitter so, why not the oil market & oil ETFs??

Agreed , just the swipe of a finger, pretty scary really...

6 hours ago, Jan van Eck said:

Jan it’s quite possible but wouldn’t it be insider trading, imagine if you had the power to manipulate the worlds finances buy a tweet, would you use it?

Later on Wednesday and early on Thursday, oil prices dropped as the Fed delivered the widely expected rate cut, but Fed Chair Jerome Powell said that “it’s not the beginning of a long series of rate cuts,” dampening hopes of a long period of monetary easing.

Then came President Trump’s somewhat surprise tweet about new tariffs on China, and the markets took a beating. Oil prices tanked and the U.S. stock market reversed big gains to big losses.

Early on Friday, oil prices were beginning to recover from Thursday’s plunge, and as of 01:00 a.m. EDT, WTI Crude was up 2.04 percent at $55.05, and Brent Crude traded up 2.48 percent at $62.00.”

Its almost like a rubber band in that the market gets stretched by a tweet and then returns to is natural state, perfect for a quick score.

17 hours ago, James Regan said:

Where is this going?

Imagine if DT was a trigger happy war monger , we would most definitely be in WW3

I thought this too, that he was maybe a little miffed at the Fed for citing trade uncertainty as a need for the rate cut, and was simply retaliating. But I then read a piece that offered the perspective that the administration is actually trying to game the Fed, as they see them as opposition to the way he wants things done. (I think this game is being played by his advisers, who make use of his ego in getting decisions made- they know he hates Powell, so anything they frame as (1) sticking it to Powell, and (2) meeting economic agenda, he will agree to.) 

So the expectation from the Fed side was: "Here's your rate cut- please take note of the Fed's position of this being necessitated by the trade war, hope you're happy..." would be met with appreciation that rates were cut.

But instead, Trump and his economic team see the Fed as willing to cave to their needs, simply another chip to be played in trying to get exactly what they want. When people say they wanted a businessperson, not a politician, to run the country, I assume this is what they knew they would get.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1