Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SP

Are Woodburners and Stoves Next in Line for Air Pollution Crackdown?

First they came for the free plastic carrier bags. Now they have come for the woodburners and stoves. Households with wood or coal burning stoves could face new restrictions on their fuel use under a range of measures proposed in a new call for evidence published by UK government. 

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/air-quality-domestic-burning-of-house-coal-smokeless-coal-manufactured-solid-fuels-and-wet-wood-call-for-evidence

Obviously the UK government has been struggling to breathe lately.  And woodburners are to blame?  How much more evidence do we need of the insane policies that have been put in place to “tackle climate change”? 

So wood burning stoves are this seasons diesels.  Wow,  what's next? Petrol lawnmowers? 

I am currently sitting with my back to the burning pieces of wood in the fireplace, being very cozy. The alternative is electricity produced by a coal-fired plant. I'm being environmentally responsible, I guess. Even if I'm not, I really don't have the energy to care. I seriously doubt woodburners are the biggest polluter in the UK, though they can be a problem if there are enough of them. last month the amount of particulate matter in the air in Sofia jumped 10 times above acceptable levels because everyone turned their woodburners on, apparently feeding them with anything they can find, not just wood. However, I doubt Britons use old boots and clothes to feed their stoves, somehow.

when I hear whining like that all I hear is blah blah blah climate blah blah blah woodburner blah blah blah plastic blah blah blah....

Climate change advocates would do better to choose their battles more wisely. Picking a war on woodburners is foolish.