DD

Ford Shows Most Powerful Street-Legal Mustang With 760 HP

It’s unfortunate that the selfish need for a thrill outweighs clean air. Wasted power is the legacy today that will be judged tomorrow. The celebration of idiotic behavior and waste is an American tradition that hopefully we can generationally mature from.

10 hours ago, Boat said:

It’s unfortunate that the selfish need for a thrill outweighs clean air. Wasted power is the legacy today that will be judged tomorrow. The celebration of idiotic behavior and waste is an American tradition that hopefully we can generationally mature from.

So, since you are self described "generationally mature", you have no car or bike which require horrible metals etc which ruin the environment and only walk on wooden sandals and your clothes are 100% cotton/silk and not even your underwear has elastic right? 

If not, guess you are a.... << ______ >>

(edited)

On 8/5/2019 at 9:30 AM, joze44 said:

Are they so far behind on developing Electric or Hydrogen alternatives that they are still pushing gas-guzzlers on to the market?

Some people love the sound of a gas guzzling monster.  Many are not grasping the fairy dusted electric hipster cars and did you see what happened in the Koreas with hydrogen? The auto makers are going to make the biggest and baddest monsters until it is time to quit and people are going to buy them. Even when millennials turn 70!

Edited by The Sammy C
Typo

11 hours ago, Boat said:

What about Volcanic activity.  Let's just cap those. Do you use rubber or any plastic? Do you enjoy processed foods? Can you survive in a petrol free world? 

2 hours ago, The Sammy C said:

What about Volcanic activity.  Let's just cap those. Do you use rubber or any plastic? Do you enjoy processed foods? Can you survive in a petrol free world? 

My brother raised my awareness of small things we could do for the overall good of us all. In Lindsborg Ks he started a recycle center for the town of around 2400. All labor, land and equipment was donated. The next project was partially a grant and partially donations for a tree chipper and shredder along with a tractor with a scoop to keep all organic waste out of the small local landfill. He then wrote and received a $400,000 grant for a tree growing out station that supplied trees for free for a 5 state area. Trees in large quantities are needed after floods, tornadoes, new parks etc. He used the organic material from the dump to fill the thousands of pots, Over the decades thousands of volunteers have donated their time for the good of us all.

There is no silver bullet for waste and pollution but a lot of small things can make a difference. Talking points about obvious wasteful energy just encourage more waste and force future generations to live in it. 

You just never know when you’ll need those extra 660 horses! Better have them and not need them, than need them and not have them!

Have you EVER heard of ANYONE refusing more horsepower?đŸ˜ˆ

American sports cars are lame, surely this is no exception. 

I would say that is an opinion, not a fact. If you don’t have $200,000 in disposable income to spend on an over priced Lambo, Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati, Lotus, etc... they are a pretty good bang for the buck.

Agreed!! This is just going to inspire Mopar to put the 426 in the Challenger and Charger.. Bring it!!

On 8/6/2019 at 10:49 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

Seeing how these electric bikes get max torque as soon as you hit the throttle, I wonder;

What keeps the front wheel on the ground?

What keeps the back of your helmet from smashing into the asphalt?

Would be an interesting ride...

I'd be curious to know this too. I've ridden an electric KTM and admit loving that low end torque, bit it felt less inspiring on the top end. I didn't have the opportunity to spend days on it, but I know there were a couple different "tunes" that changed up the feel of the accelerator. Balls to the wall though, that bike was a unicycle for the first 20mph or so. 

On 8/5/2019 at 9:38 AM, BALBOA said:

Zero to sixty under four seconds... Nice machine. But, the maximum speed limit in America is 70mphÂ đŸ˜€

It actually depends on where you are, some states have cranked up the speed limits to 85 in the remoter areas, after all, what are you going to hit in the arid lands or desert. Just north of me the highway fluctuates up to 75 MPH. Pretty much throughout Texas the speed limit is 75, or even above....

And I will tell you this, the speed limits are sometime treated as a mere suggestion. I made a run in my Mustang one morning from Conroe TX(just north of Houston) to Dallas TX in two hours flat, about 250 miles total. That is usually a 3-1/2 to 4 hour journey

On 10/5/2019 at 7:34 AM, Tom s said:

American sports cars are lame, surely this is no exception. 

You haven't driven a Mustang lately, have you. Ford has really worked diligently on a world class sports car at a working man's price level. So instead of fine woods and the finest fabrics you get plastic panels. The real car is under the hood and behind the wheels in the suspension. 2012 they went in and did an entire re-design, improving suspensions and such. the base V6 model and the GT model are essentially the exact same car, with a few necessary tweaks that the GT needed to handle the wider tires and more power. The transmissions are the same between the two, with different rear end set ups for the two models based on what engine and transmission they have. The base V6 with the automatic tranny has a 2:65 rear end, while for the GT I do believe they used a 3:32, and the two models differed for the standard tranny as well. They also cut costs between the engines by using a lot of the same parts, same rods, same pistons, same water pump etc. I do believe that they did go a little far with the weight saving efforts though. All in all though, they are good daily drivers, and a GT with 460 HP that can actually turn a corner? Let your imagination run with that one. There are just some parts that need to be heavy and durable, suck it up and cut the weight somewhere else. You need to watch the showdown on the Grand Tour. They ran a RTR Mustang against a Demon Challenger and a Hennesey Camaro. Believe it or not, the Mustang won, hands down. The other two had to be run on racing fuel to even perform in a straight line while the Mustang ran on standard pump gas, and it out handled BOTH of them by far. I loved watching it smoke them both overall. Neither one of the other two could handle a corner as well as the Mustang did, so even with the least amount of power it was faster around an actual track than either of the other two. Seems to me Ford has been bringing their game with the Mustang, while GM Fiat are still making "muscle cars". Great for the weekend drag strip but pretty useless anywhere else.