Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PP

Saudi Arabia Is Seizing $100 Billion In Financial Settlements Related To Corruption

381 people summoned by the Commission, since November 2017. 56 still being held in detention....$100 billion? Sounds unbelievable.....  

when i saw the headline, i thought this was something new. ... So, just to avoid confusion among other forum fellows, we've discussed this before on this forum, and most recently in relation to the talk of an Aramco IPO delay. I'll update everyone here again, though: They've started to release those business elite they've detained (in fashion, many at the Ritz). No one knows yet why they're being 'freed', or what deal they have made with MBS. He got their money, I suppose, so we're good to go. 

It's sort of like a toll on the road to Vision 2030 and MBS doesn't have enough money without taking it from the elite. 

This is called govt.(read Kingdom SA) sponsored corruption or anti Robinhood squad, that loots from the rich, for the rich :)

Saudi Arabian investor Prince Alwaleed "The multi-billionaire has a vast array of business interests across the world, including holdings in Twitter "

This $100 billion in corrupt money will be safely stored in one of the King's less lavish vaults.

Russia should follow suit and take the money back from oligarchs in Russia just like Saudi Arabia

This should stabilise petroleum prices :)

I think MBS is no different than these "guys" which he was arrested

Money in the royal family = constant (before and after ‘corruption purge’) So i dont get it.

Relax and invest - Saudi prince MBS send message to investors after corruption crackdown. 

What else could he say after all?

Showering the economy with regulations and fees that makes the success of a small business nearly impossible, plus big percent of corruption. How an investor can be optimistic with this?

6 minutes ago, Pavel said:

What else could he say after all?

Yup. Three months after Saudi Arabia detained scores of people in a crackdown on corruption, ($100 billion) its rulers are trying to reassure investors that the kingdom remains open for business. In same time, prominent Saudi columnist, Saleh Al-Shehi, faces 5 years in Saudi prison. His crime? Exposing the corruption of the Crown Prince claiming to fight corruption.