Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

The science is settled: Fracking makes America strong and healthy

Sharing this article because the title made me laugh.

You may have noticed my eyes roll when the Climate Panic Alarmists assert repeatedly that Climate Panic Political Science is "settled" and is not open to debate or discussion.

"Despite what anti-oil and gas activists claim, hydraulic fracturing — fracking — has proven beneficial for the environment, the economy and human health. Spurring record oil and natural gas production, the technology has helped to improve air quality, reduce emissions, create well-paying jobs and even save lives.

Record U.S. natural gas production stemming from the widespread adoption of fracking has meant an incredible decline in CO2 emissions and a substantial improvement in overall air quality. Between 2005 and 2017, U.S.-marketed natural gas production increased by more than 54 percent. Over this same period, natural gas’ share of American electricity generation grew from about 19 percent to over 31 percent, while CO2 emissions from electricity generation fell by 28 percent.

Notably, the U.S. Energy Information Administration credits the switch to natural gas for power generation for a 2.3 billion metric ton decline in CO2 emissions between 2005 and 2017. That means 63 percent of the overall decline in CO2 during that time is a direct result of natural gas use, and therefore fracking.  ..."

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 4

A little misleading Tom...😆

The expanded use of natural gas seems to have helped the CO2 issue out fairly well, but you've got no chance of convincing the green machine of this...

• Haha 1

Just now, Douglas Buckland said:

The expanded use of natural gas seems to have helped the CO2 issue out fairly well, but you've got no chance of convincing the green machine of this...

I know.  But the title made me laugh, so what the heck, why not have some fun : )

abc8fc4d1a4a08cb8e2b0d29012800587ebcdb82172b66a0c1d60a37e6edabe5.jpg

• Haha 3

I had to grin at the title as well. Should be some interesting comments coming...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

Back to the fairness of Republican talking points that do our country little good. Fracking has replaced coal in enough quantitative to to improve pollution and air quality. Nat gas from fracking is just a temporary stepping stone to an even better quality of life as renewables and the electric economy take hold. Red states have built the cornerstone of this transformation but red right pundants give them little credit for this achievement. Kinda weird eh? If fracking didn’t flare pollution, cause earthquakes, drive up pain and suffering along with soring healthcare bills I am sure it would be easier to defend without controversy. It’s one thing to take care of a nations eneregy needs but another to ask its citizens lungs to breath flare air so money can be made from exports. Yet this a mandate from our red counterparts. Wouldn’t commen sense suggest frack only what we need and look for ways to replace it?

The science is settled: ***king makes America strong and healthy

Although as we have noticed, there are other ways to make babies. None of which are as cheap.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Boat said:

Back to the fairness of Republican talking points that do our country little good. Fracking has replaced coal in enough quantitative to to improve pollution and air quality. Nat gas from fracking is just a temporary stepping stone to an even better quality of life as renewables and the electric economy take hold. Red states have built the cornerstone of this transformation but red right pundants give them little credit for this achievement. Kinda weird eh? If fracking didn’t flare pollution, cause earthquakes, drive up pain and suffering along with soring healthcare bills I am sure it would be easier to defend without controversy. It’s one thing to take care of a nations eneregy needs but another to ask its citizens lungs to breath flare air so money can be made from exports. Yet this a mandate from our red counterparts. Wouldn’t commen sense suggest frack only what we need and look for ways to replace it?

Fracking has replaced coal? Numbnuts, 'fracking' is NOT an energy source'! Fracking is a process.

Before going on a rant, do some damn research!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

The science is settled: ***king makes America strong and healthy

Although as we have noticed, there are other ways to make babies. None of which are as cheap.

Let's KEEP AMERICA STRONG!!!😂

8 hours ago, Boat said:

Natural gas is superior to coal, gasoline and diesel ecologically and actually works better than renewables. It is also less expensive than any of the former aside from dirty coal pants. The emphasis should be on replacing coal unless it is transformed into an acceptable alternative industrially at a lower cost than natural gas.. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Sharing this article because the title made me laugh.

You may have noticed my eyes roll when the Climate Panic Alarmists assert repeatedly that Climate Panic Political Science is "settled" and is not open to debate or discussion.

"Despite what anti-oil and gas activists claim, hydraulic fracturing — fracking — has proven beneficial for the environment, the economy and human health. Spurring record oil and natural gas production, the technology has helped to improve air quality, reduce emissions, create well-paying jobs and even save lives.

Record U.S. natural gas production stemming from the widespread adoption of fracking has meant an incredible decline in CO2 emissions and a substantial improvement in overall air quality. Between 2005 and 2017, U.S.-marketed natural gas production increased by more than 54 percent. Over this same period, natural gas’ share of American electricity generation grew from about 19 percent to over 31 percent, while CO2 emissions from electricity generation fell by 28 percent.

Notably, the U.S. Energy Information Administration credits the switch to natural gas for power generation for a 2.3 billion metric ton decline in CO2 emissions between 2005 and 2017. That means 63 percent of the overall decline in CO2 during that time is a direct result of natural gas use, and therefore fracking.  ..."

Science is never settled; except for some math you can never prove anything. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Meredith Poor said:

None of which are as cheap.

Or as fun

9 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Science is never settled; except for some math you can never prove anything. 

I can prove any proposition in mathematics.  All I have to do is divide by zero!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Enthalpic said:

Or as fun

Then wait until you get the bill!  Gets steep fast. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jan van Eck said:

Then wait until you get the bill!  Gets steep fast. 

Indeed - I vaguely recall an article that tried to quantify the cost of acquiring a wife (for a male) - it was roughly $10,000 just to get the engagement, I forget the final numbers (it was a lot after the ceremony).

I date now; it's expensive if you both enjoy the drink.

(edited)

6 minutes ago, Enthalpic said:

Indeed - I vaguely recall an article that tried to quantify the cost of acquiring a wife (for a male)

I was referencing the bill the Court hands you for fathering that child, in that tumultuous one-night drunken stand you did with unskilled labour to keep the Nation Strong!  Then again, the Court will spread it out over 216 payments, as a chivalrous gesture....

Later, you can always say:  "Yet was his mother fair; there was good sport at his making!"  

[King Lear, speaking to Edmund, Act 1, Scene 1]

Edited by Jan van Eck
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jan van Eck said:

I was referencing the bill the Court hands you for fathering that child, in that tumultuous one-night drunken stand you did with unskilled labour to keep the Nation Strong!  Then again, the Court will spread it out over 216 payments, as a chivalrous gesture....

No kids yet! :)

Thankfully my last two partners already had tubal ligations.... bonus of being in your 40's I guess (no rubbers).