Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

China has *Already* Lost the Trade War. Meantime, the U.S. Might Sanction China’s Largest Oil Company

2 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Please see my edit , I was in mid edit when you posted.

14 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Things seem to be hotting up in Europe caused by outside issues outside their control, by default IMO Europe is at a crossroad, where they need to define a position and not flip flop, are we supporting the USA or not?

I actually think that Europe in the midst of a re-defining exercise. I think that in the medium term future we will see a stronger more united EU that supports the US, but Europe first. I think we have a bumpy road ahead, but 10 - 15 years down the line there is hope.

I think the UK will end up with some sort of economic relationship with EU. But there's a painful road ahead. Scottish independence question will rise again after brexit. if nothing else because so much of the O&G and offshore wind supplychain trades with EU countries. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Watching the clip it and what I took away from this was that this is currently on going, normally this kind of production is recited years after the fact, but this is happening as we speak.

Not just knee jerks this has been a long time in the making, L Dobbs did a good job.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I actually think that Europe in the midst of a re-defining exercise. I think that in the medium term future we will see a stronger more united EU that supports the US, but Europe first. I think we have a bumpy road ahead, but 10 - 15 years down the line there is hope.

I think the UK will end up with some sort of economic relationship with EU. But there's a painful road ahead. Scottish independence question will rise again after brexit. if nothing else because so much of the O&G and offshore wind supplychain trades with EU countries. 

“Scottish independence question will rise again after brexit”

The Scottish Independence debate has been on the agenda by the minority’s in Scotland for decades based on the SNP and the oil industry and the vehement anger of Margaret Thatcher.

We need to remember more Scottish live outside Scotland (expats) than Scots in Scotland, the devolution vote was taken in Scotland and they decided to stay , it was a good call as months later the oil market collapsed which would have left Scotland in a bad position. 

London would have played hard ball making Scotland responsible for all its obligations in protecting its new independence, a large phew from the Scottish, but who live in Scotland? British people.

Scotland would fizzle out if only Scottish people lived and worked and invested in the country.

SNP was basically considered a non violent version of the IRA.

CEDDDEAF-992A-4A50-B19C-583B036B2B09.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James Regan said:

“Scottish independence question will rise again after brexit”

The Scottish Independence debate has been on the agenda by the minority’s in Scotland for decades based on the SNP and the oil industry and the vehement anger of Margaret Thatcher.

We need to remember more Scottish live outside Scotland (expats) than Scots in Scotland, the devolution vote was taken in Scotland and they decided to stay , it was a good call as months later the oil market collapsed which would have left Scotland in a bad position. 

London would have played hard ball making Scotland responsible for all its obligations in protecting its new independence, a large phew from the Scottish, but who live in Scotland? British people.

Scotland would fizzle out if only Scottish people lived and worked and invested in the country.

SNP was basically considered a non violent version of the IRA.

I wasn't stating an opinion for or against. I was stating the debate will re-start and keep UK in lull for the near term future. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I wasn't stating an opinion for or against. I was stating the debate will re-start and keep UK in lull for the near term future. 

Not intended as a rant, but the UK has passed through a lot, with Norther Ireland etc and growing up as a late teen in Scotland and being English and in the oil business, it’s part of my past.

Respect @Rasmus Jorgensen 👊🏻

(edited)

12 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

The Vatican? LOL.  Also, these aren't people.  

So you can't read?  Of course they are people.................Institutions are fronts for people but the hoi polloi don't get that and useful idiots promote that nonsense.  

The Vatican for example makes decisions that affect millions of people and how many people do you think make decisions at the Vatican?  Your position is one that is indefensible.  Institutions have always hidden the naked use of power and it's why the people who pull the strings use government but if you can't understand that, not my problem.

Edited by wrs
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

If Scotland goes independent (good luck to them) with the SNP as a virtual one party state then in 10-15 years time there will be charity adverts on English TV of how your 3 pounds will help feed a family of jocks starving for the day. 

Hamish hasn't had hot a meal for 7 days. Your contribution can help Hamish get the nutrients he desperately needs

Morag has had to walk all day to get fresh clean water...

😄

Edited by NickW
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, NickW said:

If Scotland goes independent (good luck to them) with the SNP as a virtual one party state then in 10-15 years time there will be charity adverts on English TV of how your 3 pounds will help feed a family of jocks starving for the day. 

Hamish hasn't had hot a meal for 7 days. Your contribution can help Hamish get the nutrients he desperately needs

Morag has had to walk all day to get fresh clean water...

😄

A very english response. Typical of the old empire. How can they survive without us?. Absolute bxxxox. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JR EWING said:

A very english response. Typical of the old empire. How can they survive without us?. Absolute bxxxox. 

I'm for Scottish independence. They can take their share of the national debt (which was largely created by Scottish MP morons Brown and Darling) and do without the net subsidy of several billion even after oil royalties are taken into account. No more SNP influence in English politics.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

(edited)

4 hours ago, wrs said:

So you can't read?  Of course they are people.................Institutions are fronts for people but the hoi polloi don't get that and useful idiots promote that nonsense.  

The Vatican for example makes decisions that affect millions of people and how many people do you think make decisions at the Vatican?  Your position is one that is indefensible.  Institutions have always hidden the naked use of power and it's why the people who pull the strings use government but if you can't understand that, not my problem.

Name a person.  A who,  not a what.  Institutions are made of people.  People in institutions make decisions.  When have you heard of an inanimate object make decisions? If I argue like the way you do I can just as well claim  "my desk is manipulating the stock market."  

Again, present a person who is a so-called "master of the universe" and present evidence applicable to prove he's "manipulating the markets or politics" to the extent that you claim.    

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Upvote 1

On 8/13/2019 at 8:19 PM, Jan van Eck said:

What is unappreciated is that Mexico (along with the rest of Latin America) is a signatory to a UN Treaty, known as the Cartagena Declaration on Refugees.  That in turn stems from yet another Treaty, known as the American Convention on Human Rights  (March 2, 1981), together with two subsequent Protocols.  These various Treaty-level signings do obligate Mexico to accept refugees and to work towards the cessation of the elements that cause the migration floods.  Mexico thus cannot seal off its Southern Border, nor indeed any Border. 

Now the USA did not sign any of the Treaties or Declarations, nor the Protocols.  However, it can be reasonably argued that the USA is bound effectively by adhesion contract, as the US has issued the Declaration known as the Monroe Doctrine - which effectively states that whatever goes on in the Western Hemisphere is the business of the USA, and others butt out.  If you start with the Monroe and then add on the Cartagena Declaration, you end up with a USA obligation to adhere to the Declaration and to the ACHR.  

The problem with the American Public, and with certain elements inside both the (Republican) Congress and the Trump Administration, is that they want to be able to flail the Monroe and (for example) tell Russia to get out of Venezuela, and at the same time demand that nobody buy Venezuelan Oil, and then also at the same time disavow the ACHR and the Cartagena Declaration.  And because Americans tend to be unsophisticated about such things, they do not even see the contradictions.  Go figure. 

They are not refugees.  Jews fleeing Nazis=refugees  Ethiopians fleeing famine in 1980s=refugees   Iraqi Christians fleeing ISIS controlled territory=refugees.  Show me if I am wrong.      This woman spells it out within the first 20 seconds of this video:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQirG0u2NLg&feature=share 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Name a person.  A who,  not a what.  Institutions are made of people.  People in institutions make decisions.  When have you heard of an inanimate object make decisions? If I argue like the way you do I can just as well claim  "my desk is manipulating the stock market."  

Again, present a person who is a so-called "master of the universe" and present evidence applicable to prove he's "manipulating the markets or politics" to the extent that you claim.    

You are simply stating what I already did.  I don't need to name a person as you clearly admitted that they already exist and do make decisions that affect others.  Your claim was that lot's of people acting collectively are making the decisions but of course you can't prove that anymore than you can dispute my claim.  So why don't you drop this as you already have had to concede the point.

Why do we keep backing down on letting Huawei buy US chips? This would hurt, I am really really hurt, Huawei and Chinese smart phones.

Time is on China's side. If we are going to play hard, play hard.

Not minor stuff that looks tough, might play to the base, but misses the target you need to be hitting.

• Great Response! 1

21 hours ago, Dmitry Bedin said:

Americans writers here like Tom, guys what you are on? Its bad for ya stop taking it! Ask your doctor or call 

19 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

The Vatican? LOL.  Also, these aren't people.  

In the meantime, did you know that I was abducted by aliens when i was 13? When they dropped me off they poured beer on  me so no one else would believe me.  

They most certainly are people....they're not aliens

6 hours ago, NickW said:

I'm for Scottish independence. They can take their share of the national debt (which was largely created by Scottish MP morons Brown and Darling) and do without the net subsidy of several billion even after oil royalties are taken into account. No more SNP influence in English politics.

They were well lucky that enough of the population were either sasanachs or white settlers and Scots with half a brain as they would have been in deep shite going all in on oil.

Aye it’s a sare fecht fé half a loaf.....

9 hours ago, Rasmus Jorgensen said:

I agree. 

My only point was that the is an increasing opinion in favor levelling the field with China. Not as confrontational as Trump, but still. 

UK and Europe will get past brexit and although a hard brexit seems the most likely way at this point atleast that will bring clarity (and a scapegoat for economic slowdown). 

If not confrontational then how?

They don't respond to please and thank you.  Like all other communistic regimes they only respect power. And that's not the fault of the USA.  We have asked nicely for 30 years with no results.  This is what standing up for your own country looks like.  We don't like confrontational but will do it when necessary, provided we have a leader that desires a win for us....which we finally do.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

By this time, after my endless comments about the Trump vs Xi trade war, I am kind of at a loss to further explain my views.  

Seems I really do have an uphill battle trying to counter the generally accepted media talking points, which I tend to view as deliberate disinformation.

Trump himself is asking the fed reserve to lower interest rate by a full percent and to implement quantitative easing.

These are tools used when the economy is suffering, not thriving.  

https://app.tmxmoney.com/news/cpnews/article?locale=EN&newsid=f14459&mobile=false

• Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/6/2019 at 8:24 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

China has *already* lost the trade war with the U.S. but they just haven't realized it yet.

Trump keeps outmaneuvering Xi.

For reference, look at what has happened recently with Mexico and U.S.  Mexico has capitulated.

Just wait for China to realize that they will no longer be calling the shots in their trade with the U.S.

Here's the latest move:

The U.S. Might Sanction China’s Largest Oil Company

Glad I am no longer Exploration Director for China for a US oil company.  Life would be getting hard for us in this environment.--happily retired a couple of years ago.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, James Regan said:

I think China is not top of the agenda with Europe at this point, Brexit and October “leave do or die” is causing mayhem. The UK currently seeming to back track on the Grace 1 to the dismay of Trump is causing discord between the USA and U.K.

The UK cannot be perceived as working politically to the benefit of Iran, this is unacceptable.

Things seem to be hotting up in Europe caused by outside issues outside their control, by default IMO Europe is at a crossroad, where they need to define a position and not flip flop, are we supporting the USA or not?

You mean, will Europe's big boy interests, uphold WTO rules or not and protect their own long term interests or will short term unadulterated greed win?

(edited)

2 hours ago, wrs said:

You are simply stating what I already did.  I don't need to name a person as you clearly admitted that they already exist and do make decisions that affect others.  Your claim was that lot's of people acting collectively are making the decisions but of course you can't prove that anymore than you can dispute my claim.  So why don't you drop this as you already have had to concede the point.

No.  My point is that you have no evidence to support your claim.  You have no person to name, so instead you hide behind vague terms like "institutions."  

If there are so many people "manipulating politics or the market or whatever" then name them. Provide their personal names, along with evidence why you think this person is doing X or Y. I don't have to prove anything because it's your assertion that there are "mysterious people controlling things."   I'm merely pointing out that your claim is empty of any evidence and that if you don't provide any then your claims are as bunk as the average alien abduction claim.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Upvote 1

At the end of the day, America had problems with, for example, illegal immigration, a serious balance of trade issue with China and others, a mad man in North Korea who stated he was building nuclear tipped ballistic missiles to hit the US, a NATO that would not fund itself as per the treaty, and so forth.

No other administration to date seemed to have the stones to address these issues seriously.

Like Trump or hate him, you should still give him credit for tackling these issues as opposed to simply kicking the can down the road for some other administration to deal with.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

On 8/14/2019 at 6:37 PM, SKEP said:

LOL

See ya

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.....

13 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Masters of the Universe is plural for a reason. It refers to a very large group of globalist organizations including corporations bigger than many nations, non profits which are very wealthy, very large study groups of wealthy individuals, etc. 

See One World Government AKA Globalism https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k8kNhtZJLuN66TpDuo67WBV1U2JhhZIvAefxeMNK0ls/edit

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

People within an institution may make the final decision, but the decisions themselves are often attributed to the institution. This is common.

• Upvote 2

(edited)

17 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

No.  My point is that you have no evidence to support your claim.  You have no person to name, so instead you hide behind vague terms like "institutions."  

If there are so many people "manipulating politics or the market or whatever" then name them. Provide their personal names, along with evidence why you think this person is doing X or Y. I don't have to prove anything because it's your assertion that there are "mysterious people controlling things."   I'm merely pointing out that your claim is empty of any evidence and that if you don't provide any then your claims are as bunk as the average alien abduction claim.  

Read my posts and don't try to make my claim something that it wasn't.  You are deflecting.  Institutions are fronts for people.  Not identifying specific persons doesn't invalidate the fact that the persons inside the institutions make decisions that affect many more people than make the decisions, not the other way around as you claimed.  I never claimed to be able to point to any specific people, why would I when the simple obvious fact that most of the worlds wealth is controlled by a tiny minority of the worlds population supports my position and contradicts your's.  

Edited by wrs
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1