Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zhong Lu

Last I Checked

The Taliban is still fighting in Afghanistan, North Korea still has nuclear weapons (and is launching missiles willy nilly), China has not reached a trade agreement with the US, and Iran is enriching uranium.  

Lots of big talk from Trump and his supporters about "winning."  But where are the results? 

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 4

Well, the  Trump Administration has shown an ability to crash WTI price towards their below $40 objective. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2019 at 3:27 PM, Zhong Lu said:

The Taliban is still fighting in Afghanistan, North Korea still has nuclear weapons (and is launching missiles willy nilly), China has not reached a trade agreement with the US, and Iran is enriching uranium.  

Lots of big talk from Trump and his supporters about "winning."  But where are the results? 

The objective wasn't to solve these problems; it was to convince US citizens that these aren't their problems.  At that, Trump has been spectacularly successful. 

I look forward to the new global order wherein the US minds its own business and keeps its wealth at home. 

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1

On 8/8/2019 at 4:27 AM, Zhong Lu said:

And the last I checked, China still claims Taiwan(who want nothing to do with China), China still claims the entire South China Sea (regardless of any other nations which border it), and China has never sent any aid for disaster relief to any other country on the planet.

What you say is accurate, but when China only worries about China and never gets involved with the international community (unless you include their participation in the Korean War), it is exceedingly difficult to fail IF YOU NEVER DO ANYTHING.

• Like 2
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 3

17 hours ago, BenFranklin'sSpectacles said:

The objective wasn't to solve these problems; it was to convince US citizens that these aren't their problems.  At that, Trump has been spectacularly successful. 

I look forward to the new global order wherein the US minds its own business and keeps its wealth at home. 

Dammit Ben! That's isolationism. No way the world would do something as dastardly as spend our money at home, on American problems!

Who would become the world's policeman? Who would send aid during natural disasters?

Bite your tongue man! 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Douglas Buckland said:

Dammit Ben! That's isolationism. No way the world would do something as dastardly as spend our money at home, on American problems!

Who would become the world's policeman? Who would send aid during natural disasters?

Bite your tongue man! 😆

...would let us do...

(edited)

Well USA is so engaged in world comunity but  honestly I prefer China lack of engagement if we talk about USA promoting democracy all over the world. I think US isolationism is not such a bad option if you take under consideration milions of people died in last 50 yeard because of US engagement in world affairs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States

Edited by Tomasz
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 8/7/2019 at 3:27 PM, Zhong Lu said:

Some Trump supporters can’t see the forrest for the tree. But on the other hand I don’t mind the idea that Iran should not have nuclear weapons, antagonize Israel and generally support religious extremism with weapons and treasure. Something needs to be done.

The Taliban in Afghanistan are no different. If you attack others on the basis of religion don’t expect anything but violence in return.

N Korea. This country should have been stopped during GW’s term when they got nuclear capability. Not doing so led countries like Iran to think they should have them.

Even if all of Trumps projects end up with mixed results sending that message that we all play by a set of rules the West created after WWII and to blatantly abuse them should invite a stern response.

But to your point, Trump has yet to show little success contrary to his supports claims IMO.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Tomasz said:

I think US isolationism is not such a bad option if you take under consideration milions of people died in last 50 yeard because of US engagement in world affairs.

Well now, let's see just how well your beloved Poland is going to do when the USA goes back to isolationism and it and Europe's NATO leaves Poland to its own devices.  The Russians?  That "Wagner Brigade" will be sitting in Warsaw running the show and your government will be in the Gulag.  And you will be burning Russian gas and paying  $45/MMCF for it.  Don't like it?  You get no gas.  (You might applaud as you proudly proclaim being ethnically Russian, but let's get real:  your fellow Poles will not be so happy.  I think that is a safe bet.)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boat said:

Some Trump supporters can’t see the forrest for the tree. But on the other hand I don’t mind the idea that Iran should not have nuclear weapons, antagonize Israel and generally support religious extremism with weapons and treasure. Something needs to be done.

The Taliban in Afghanistan are no different. If you attack others on the basis of religion don’t expect anything but violence in return.

N Korea. This country should have been stopped during GW’s term when they got nuclear capability. Not doing so led countries like Iran to think they should have them.

Even if all of Trumps projects end up with mixed results sending that message that we all play by a set of rules the West created after WWII and to blatantly abuse them should invite a stern response.

But to your point, Trump has yet to show little success contrary to his supports claims IMO.

No country disobeys the rules more so than Israel but its defended by the US in doing so on routine basis. Not to mention the US breaks the rules to suit itself im many arenas. The trump admin doesnt give a hoot about rules unless they are benefiting their pockets or end.

I could go on and make a list but why bother. 

Police man. What a joke

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JR EWING said:

No country disobeys the rules more so than Israel but its defended by the US in doing so on routine basis. Not to mention the US breaks the rules to suit itself im many arenas. The trump admin doesnt give a hoot about rules unless they are benefiting their pockets or end.

Police man. What a joke

What rules has the US broken? You should enjoy making that list!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Tomasz said:

Well USA is so engaged in world comunity but  honestly I prefer China lack of engagement if we talk about USA promoting democracy all over the world. I think US isolationism is not such a bad option if you take under consideration milions of people died in last 50 yeard because of US engagement in world affairs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States

And of course, US intervention in the past 119 years or so has not benefited anyone, has it?

• Great Response! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JR EWING said:

Police man. What a joke

If you think US policing is bad, wait until you see the alternatives. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BenFranklin'sSpectacles said:

If you think US policing is bad, wait until you see the alternatives. 

Last I checked, China is still a Communist dictatorship, ruled by Emperor Xi.

China cracks down on Hong Kong autonomy.  It's probably going to get a lot worse.  Hong Kong can kiss any semblance of freedom goodbye, as Xi and the Communist Elite authorities panic about dissent.

'Tiananmen Square 2' seems ready to explode in Hing Kong, as China's "One Country, Two Systems" gets exposed as two-faced a Communist farce, a lie.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2019/08/11/china-brings-mainland-military-forces-into-hong-kong-protests-cry-freedom/

Posted by sundance

As the U.S-China trade confrontation continues, China is running out of dollars.  Beijing is burning through cash to prop up its manufacturing industries; and the currency devaluation only exacerbates the problem.  A weak Yuan, makes their exports cheap; but China is an economy of dependency, and relies upon dollars to pay bills.

Against this growing internal financial crisis, videos seem to confirm Chinese military moving into regions around Hong Kong as protests continue.  Hong Kong nationals staged a three-day protest at Hong Kong’s international airport to draw attention to their plight.

HONG KONG (Reuters) – Hong Kong police fired tear gas at demonstrators in the working class district of Sham Shui Po on Sunday, as yet another day of protest marches turned into a confrontation between police and activists.

Ten straight weekends of increasingly violent protests have plunged Hong Kong into its most serious political crisis in decades, posing a challenge to the central government in Beijing.(link)

hong-kong-protests-airport-august-9-2019

Many voices in the west have forgotten the lessons from Tienanmen Square, when the central Chinese government used the Mongolian army regulars to gain control over the protests. The authoritarian Chinese government is communist at its central core; despite the party leadership’s corruption and capitalistic wealth.

Videos show the Chinese military are moving into Hong Kong to position themselves against those voices who are demanding the region remain a free and autonomous open society.

chinese army has invaded HK. The PLA is working hand-in-hand with the HK police to brutalize the protestors. They arrived August 1st and continue to multiply in numbers...US Travel advisory in HK. #pigs #china #HK

Embedded video

In Hong Kong, carrie lam(b) cheng yuet ngor has authorized lethal force against kids protesting for democracy and freedom. But here in the US, our president continues to think HK is “sufficiently autonomous”. Shooting at point blank.

Embedded video

carrie lam(b) cheng yuet-ngor and xi have no respect for human life. Excessive force that pigs encourage against young students protesting for freedom and democracy. Trump - Where are you? @realDonaldTrump Absolutely disgusting. #china #hk #HKexit

Embedded video

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1
  • Upvote 1

Zhong Lu, 2 questions for you, as you persistently criticize the U.S. and persistently criticize Trump on this forum. 

Seems like criticizing the U.S. and criticizing Trump is pretty much the only thing you do here on the Oil Price forum.

1) Do you live in China?

2) Are you able to criticize Xi without getting in trouble?

• Upvote 6

On 8/7/2019 at 5:27 PM, Zhong Lu said:

https://youtu.be/P2wdwZxk17o

(edited)

40 minutes ago, Tom Kirkman said:

Zhong Lu, 2 questions for you, as you persistently criticize the U.S. and persistently criticize Trump on this forum. 

Seems like criticizing the U.S. and criticizing Trump is pretty much the only thing you do here on the Oil Price forum.

1) Do you live in China?

2) Are you able to criticize Xi without getting in trouble?

No, I live in America.  Xi is pretty shitty, but compared to past Chinese rulers he's fine.  I mean, he's better than Mao, significantly worse than Deng Xiao Ping, worse than Hu Jin Tao, and better than Jiang Ze Ming.

The only Chinese leader besides Deng that I'm fond of is Hu Jin Tao and that's because he gave up power voluntarily.  

I like talking shit about Trump because he deserves it.  But that doesn't mean I like Chinese leaders.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Upvote 4
  • Rolling Eye 1

(edited)

4 minutes ago, James Regan said:

Japan should protect itself against the threat of China.  When the Vietnamese sent their dinky patrol boats to confront the giant Chinese navy, I was like "Go Vietnam" and "Yup, standard Viet behavior vs Chinese aggression."  The Vietnamese have been colonized before by China so they know their history.  

I think China's expansion into SE Asia seas is shi-.  Don't like it at all.  

Look, just because I think Trump is shi- doesn't mean I don't think China can be shi-, too.  As I said before, I'm not on anyone's side except my own (and possibly the Vietnamese).  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2019/08/07/south-china-sea-vietnam-has-a-smart-strategy-to-stop-china/#2c24e6302f3c

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

Japan should protect itself against the threat of China.  When the Vietnamese sent their dinky patrol boats to confront the giant Chinese navy, I was like "Go Vietnam" and "Yup, standard Viet behavior vs Chinese aggression."  The Vietnamese have been colonized before by China so they know their history.  

I think China's expansion into SE Asia seas is shi-.  Don't like it at all.  

Look, just because I think Trump is shi- doesn't mean I don't think China can be shi-, too.  As I said before, I'm not on anyone's side except my own (and possibly the Vietnamese).  

https://www.forbes.com/sites/panosmourdoukoutas/2019/08/07/south-china-sea-vietnam-has-a-smart-strategy-to-stop-china/#2c24e6302f3c

You didn’t watch it, but I guess that would happen , Enjoy Shi5G.....

(edited)

It's 1.5 hours.  I saw the time stamp and was like "no."  Give me a summary.  

Edited by Zhong Lu

15 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

No, I live in America.  Xi is pretty shitty, but compared to past Chinese rulers he's fine.  I mean, he's better than Mao, significantly worse than Deng Xiao Ping, worse than Hu Jin Tao, and better than Jiang Ze Ming.

The only Chinese leader besides Deng that I'm fond of is Hu Jin Tao and that's because he gave up power voluntarily.  

I like talking shit about Trump because he deserves it.  But that doesn't mean I like Chinese leaders.  

Ok thanks for your response and clarifications. 

Understood you don't like Trump; not a problem, he is not everyone's cup of tea.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

It's 1.5 hours.  I saw the time stamp and was like "no."  Give me a summary.  

Basically China has been found out and its plan of world domination similar to Adolf Hilter. Ethnic  cleansing, building land based to control the North Pacific, buying up Africa, Indian Ocean Islands, 5G and Hauwie trying to infiltrate 5G Tech (which will change the world), Stealing foreign intellectual property, stirring up North Korea etc etc.

Watch the video Steve will show you the plan...

(edited)

Oh. China is just behaving like America 150 years ago. Remember Trail of Tears, Manifest Destiny, putting Native Americans on reservations, slavery, and colonizing the Philippines? 

There isn't anything China is doing now that America hasn't done itself in the past.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Zhong Lu said:

Oh. China is just behaving like America 150 years ago. Remember Trail of Tears, Manifest Destiny, putting Native Americans on reservations, slavery, and colonizing the Philippines? 

There isn't anything China is doing now that America hasn't done itself in the past.  

Chinas main export is DEFLATION