Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tom Kirkman

2020 Democrats Step Up Pressure on Fossil-Fuel Industry in Climate Fight

On 8/7/2019 at 6:21 PM, Tom Kirkman said:

The oil & gas industry continues to come under increasingly hostile political attacks from the U.S. far left.  The escalating rhetoric is really becoming unhinged, and devoid from reality.

By 2020, we will find out which will be victorious:

● Virtue Signalling

● Darwin Awards

2020 Democrats Step Up Pressure on Fossil-Fuel Industry in Climate Fight

Bernie Sanders says the industry is a criminal enterprise. Joe Biden is vowing to take action against it. Other candidates are competing to say who will wean America from its products the soonest.

The fossil fuel industry is squarely in the cross hairs of Democrats running for the White House as they move sharply to the left on climate change, evoking growing alarm from a sector that’s found a cheerleader in the Trump administration. It has moved to rescind regulations on oil drilling and proposed extraordinary measures to aid coal mining.

“We are made to be just some kind of evil force,” said Kathleen Sgamma, president of Western Energy Alliance, which represents oil and gas producers. “They are doubling down on it and adding very hostile rhetoric.” 

Big oil and its Republican allies say the Democrats’ swing to the left on the issue will backfire with voters, especially in states such as Ohio that Trump won in part with an appeal to aggrieved coal miners. These critics have commissioned studies asserting that the Democratic polices would cost millions of jobs while increasing pump prices for gasoline.

But that hasn’t deterred candidates, such as Sanders, a Vermont senator.

“We’ve got to ask ourselves a simple question: What do you do with an industry that knowingly, for billions of dollars in short-term profits, is destroying this planet?” Sanders said during the most recent Democratic candidate debate. “I say that is criminal activity that cannot be allowed to continue.”

While he is riding around in that Suburban that gets probably 10/12 MPG, or sitting in his multi million dollar home that eats up energy like its free, what are you going to replace it with Bernie? You've run your mouth off telling everyone what we need to do but I haven't heard any viable solutions come out of your mouth. It's easy foe a millionaire to spout off with the most expedient and also expensive solution, they don't worry about next month's electric bill. They don't have to worry about how much gas costs or how expensive an electric vehicle is, they are rich! Why can't people see the obvious? Why would you support someone like this? No answers to the rhetoric they spout and they are super wealthy anyway, so you know they have no clue what the reality of most of this nation's populace really is like. He would just dump that overly expensive solution on us and we would be financially falling like bricks from an airplane. But they stand behind him no matter what, like he is a hero or something. All the while riding around on private jets and huge gas guzzling cars. I own a Suburban and it sucks gas like it's free!! And mine isn't super heavy because of the armor that theirs would have, so I average around 16 MPG with the "light" version....lmao, I still love it though....