Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DD

Pakistan Vs. India: Hatred And Intolerance Are Coming At High Level

India on Thursday urged Pakistan to review its decision to downgrade diplomatic ties over the withdrawal of special status to Kashmir, saying it was an internal affair and aimed at developing the revolt-torn Muslim majority region. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Hindu nationalist government revoked the territory’s special privileges to frame its own laws and lifted a ban on people from outside the region to buy property there in a bid to tighten its grip. Pakistan, which also has claims on Kashmir, said it would expel India’s ambassador in Islamabad and its envoy, who was to start his assignment soon, would not move to New Delhi. Islamabad also suspended bilateral trade and on Thursday announced it would shut down the train service to India, in the latest spike in tensions between the nuclear rivals. “The Government of India regrets the steps announced by Pakistan yesterday and would urge that country to review them so that normal channels for diplomatic communications are preserved,” India’s foreign ministry said, striking a conciliatory tone. Within Kashmir, authorities kept a communications blackout with mobile networks and internet services suspended since Sunday and detaining at least 300 politicians and separatists to quell protests, according to police, media and local leaders.

• Great Response! 1

In the 1990s, I guess, was a vote on Kashmir status and it is favoured Indian side, but later it was not considered.. It's a more political game for both government.. But a game that could very quickly turn into a war game

• Like 1

It's not a "just" misunderstanding... Nuclear weapons on both sides and ancient hatred: World War 3 just around the bend.

Just now, Pavel said:

It's not a "just" misunderstanding... Nuclear weapons on both sides and ancient hatred: World War 3 just around the bend.

Definitely and unfortunately, I see capacity for war

• Like 1

Sad. Kashmir used to be a place where Muslims, both Shia and Sunni, Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists lived in peace with each other. Till the governments of India and Pakistan destroyed that. Religious harmony is their enemy.

• Like 1
  • Great Response! 1

Kashmir is now a trilateral issue. Don't forget the aspiration of China

• Like 1

On the brink: Pakistan’s Prime Minister Imran Khan said India’s move may lead to a war, while Pakistan Army pledged to go to “any extent’’ to defend the people of Kashmir...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BALBOA said:

In the 1990s, I guess, was a vote on Kashmir status and it is favoured Indian side, but later it was not considered.. It's a more political game for both government.. But a game that could very quickly turn into a war game

Pakistan seems to be taking on a much larger and more powerful country. What do they have to gain?  India will never agree to give up Kashmir IMHO. I think they love to stir the pot though, and create interminable friction. 

4 hours ago, damirUSBiH said:

Sad. Kashmir used to be a place where Muslims, both Shia and Sunni, Hindus, Sikhs and Buddhists lived in peace with each other. Till the governments of India and Pakistan destroyed that. Religious harmony is their enemy.

Tell us more. I see Pakistan as the interloper. 

4 hours ago, ThunderBlade said:

Kashmir is now a trilateral issue. Don't forget the aspiration of China

That is a good point. They might use Kashmir as a wedge to oppose India. 

This might be the most likely scenario for a war to go nuclear. Superpowers can't go there, MAD, mutual assured destruction, is still in play. But the world would survive Pakistan and India lobbing a few crowd pleasers at each other. 

Kashmir has been a challenge for long time. There are no innocents, but India is the one turning up the heat. My last flight in a F4 was to the boneyard. The plane next to me for intake was a brand new F-16 built for Pakistan, but being mothballed then because of Pakistan's then new nuclear capabilities. 

On 8/8/2019 at 7:49 AM, damirUSBiH said:

India on Thursday urged Pakistan to review its decision to downgrade diplomatic ties over the withdrawal of special status to Kashmir, saying it was an internal affair and aimed at developing the revolt-torn Muslim majority region. Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s Hindu nationalist government revoked the territory’s special privileges to frame its own laws and lifted a ban on people from outside the region to buy property there in a bid to tighten its grip. Pakistan, which also has claims on Kashmir, said it would expel India’s ambassador in Islamabad and its envoy, who was to start his assignment soon, would not move to New Delhi. Islamabad also suspended bilateral trade and on Thursday announced it would shut down the train service to India, in the latest spike in tensions between the nuclear rivals. “The Government of India regrets the steps announced by Pakistan yesterday and would urge that country to review them so that normal channels for diplomatic communications are preserved,” India’s foreign ministry said, striking a conciliatory tone. Within Kashmir, authorities kept a communications blackout with mobile networks and internet services suspended since Sunday and detaining at least 300 politicians and separatists to quell protests, according to police, media and local leaders.

I'm not an expert on any of this, but it seems like a local dispute between India and Pakistan.  Would someone explain to me what, if any, impacts it has on the rest of the world?  Obviously there's some impact to their imports of oil, weapons, etc, but neither of them has much influence on the world stage.  Does the rest of the world really need to care?