Question: if there's no further negotiation or agreement on trade between US and Iran , what next? 

Well, if thing's work out as they historically have, the global economy will fail, there will be much 'weeping and gnashing of teeth', everyone will blame the US (although it actually takes two side to negotiate - or not) and China will rule the South China Sea, invade Taiwan and continue with the BRI colonialism of Asia and Africa.

The world as we know it will cease to exist. Capitalism (except for the Communist Chinese version) will fail. The liberals and the Green Team will not have any more of your money to spend, the planet will heat up more than 2 degrees C over present levels....and we all die.

Problem solved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

(edited)

Iran enriches Uranium and Israel bombs it.  

Then: big war.  Market crashes.  

Then: who knows.  

Edited by Zhong Lu
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

(edited)

I imagine
In fact , war is between China and America
There is this war in the land of Iran, which America finally will defeated 

America has started a pre-defeated war
And he hopes for Saudi Arabia and Israel
What are they really looking for ??? Oil ???
The dollar is falling

Edited by Dr.Masih Rezvani

6 hours ago, Zhong Lu said:

Iran enriches Uranium and Israel bombs it.  

Then: big war.  Market crashes.  

Then: who knows.  

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. Everybody will spend all their money trying to force Mother Nature to behave, she won't negotiate, global temperatures rise....and we all go the way of the dinosaur.

Why do we even bother....

On 8/10/2019 at 4:45 AM, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

I suspect a war against Iran is far more in KSA and Israel interests, than a USA one. And to use the cliche', they'll fight to the last American soldier. There is no reason to fear for the security of Israel. Iran isn't going to invade, and yes, the folks who lived there for a thousand years are pissed, as you would be, but that doesn't change the reality on the ground.

Now that UAE is softening their anti-Iran stance, and objectives in Yemen are more or less achieved and actually skirmishing against KSA backed forces, the enemy of my friend, is my friend, is a my enemy, is my friend, etc., is struggling to maintain. As it typically does in the end.

I endorse the America First, not our boys die approach. Get out, stay out. They all want to sell oil, it's not like they won't.

• Like 2

(edited)

On 8/9/2019 at 10:53 PM, Douglas Buckland said:

Well, if thing's work out as they historically have, the global economy will fail, there will be much 'weeping and gnashing of teeth', everyone will blame the US (although it actually takes two side to negotiate - or not) and China will rule the South China Sea, invade Taiwan and continue with the BRI colonialism of Asia and Africa.

The world as we know it will cease to exist. Capitalism (except for the Communist Chinese version) will fail. The liberals and the Green Team will not have any more of your money to spend, the planet will heat up more than 2 degrees C over present levels....and we all die.

Problem solved.

Win or lose the war, survive or live is in question , but at least I won’t have to pull my hair or gnash my teeth over wasted military spending on aircraft carriers, tanks and billions of other hardware to missiles, drones, lazers and rail gun type technology. Republican fools keep funding old school outdated non defendable dinosaur military schemes as job programs and fulfill lobbyists campaign demands.

Go back to Ronald Reagan and track military spending and unneeded wars. Way over half of that 20+ trillion debt due to lack of Eisenhower judgement. Our last really great president. 

When we hit 30 trillion debt it must be time for another round of tax cuts to match military spending and interest on the debt accumulation. 

Edited by Boat
Additional thoughts.

On 8/10/2019 at 6:45 AM, Dr.Masih Rezvani said:

I imagine
In fact , war is between China and America

What are they really looking for ??? Oil ???
The dollar is falling

IMO the war between China and USA is in full force, will it be a military war NEVER.

Will the USA go to war with Iran NEVER, they have spent long enough fighting in the Middle East and have quite rightly backed off, 20 years ago may have been an option. The US has far to much invested in The Gulf states and the dreaded KSA.

The USA is quite rightly putting its attention on China and is contra deflation war, China is engaged in an asymmetric war which it will eventually lose, current situation in Hong Kong will spur Taiwan into action the Chinese “spring”, one wrong move from the PLA and this war on trade will probably end up crippling China, it will have to yield.

KSA and Israel ... wow that would be Armageddon for Israel they (Israel) will be looking for a new land again if anyone is left.

Are they looking for oil? Of course it’s all about oil, sand is not trading well at the moment but strategic land friendly to the USA is definitely on the agenda, the USA have huge interest in staying put in the Middle East.

The dollar is trading +-/ 4% in the last month up around the globe, not good for exports, some manipulation will come in some form, high dollar great if your buying from the likes of China 🤔 but not good for the US home land industry, not good for WTI. The price of WTI will fall as will Brent as the USD stays strong, hence the current low $4 spread between the two.

IMHO - Things are going to get real interesting over the next months.

Tip- Start looking at GoldPrice.com 😝 

• Like 1

Ultimately, all wars are economic. Forget shale oil, there's no greater destroyer of capital than war, for obvious reasons. The following link covers a lot of ground, but sets much of the foundation for our current state of affairs. Fundamentally, since WWI the United States has acted as the world's reserve currency and that was exacerbated by the events of WWII and beyond. 

https://www.imf.org/external/np/exr/center/mm/eng/mm_cc_01.htm

For the TL; DR crowd, here's the salient quote for an era: 

Providing reserves and exchanges for the whole world is too much for one country and one currency to bear."

Henry H. Fowler
U.S. Secretary of the Treasury

• Like 2

22 hours ago, John Foote said:

I endorse the America First, not our boys die approach. Get out, stay out. They all want to sell oil, it's not like they won't.

Well, that part is certainly true enough!  Thank you for focusing on that fundamental reality. 

• Like 1