50 shades of black

In The Bright Of New Administration Rules: Immigrants as Economic Contributors

1 minute ago, Douglas Buckland said:

That is why they have Human Resource departments, Line Managers and Legal Departments.

Who hires HR managers ? Who writes their guidelines? How are they measured and rewarded? 

The answer is senior management. And who hires senior management?

So you are holding the CEO accountable for each and every action by senior management? I think that is overly simplistic and childish.

Are you saying that the CEO, and only the CEO, has any input in selecting the senior management?

That said, are you saying that, for example, the vice president of marketing or the senior vice president of engineering has the time or inclination to get involved in the business of the human resources department? 

You are making assumptions and generalizations that can not possibly be justified.

Are you trying to tell me that the CEO of DOW Chemical is responsible for the product Roundup being carcinogenic? Is the CEO of BP responsible for the Deepwater Horizon incident even though the rig was owned and operated by Transocean.

1 hour ago, Douglas Buckland said:

I am not defending Trump, I am pointing out absolutely inane comments and scenarios.

For comic relief...

blij96x0t6h31.jpg

• Upvote 2

So you are holding the CEO accountable for each and every action by senior management?

not each and every, but some yes. 

I think that is overly simplistic and childish.

simplistic maybe.

Is the CEO of BP responsible for the Deepwater Horizon incident even though the rig was owned and operated by Transocean.

Are you trying to tell me that IOCs can not influence the behaviour of their subbies? Seriously? 

----------------------------

All I am saying is that many corporations reward results and tunr a blind eye to how they are achieved. This goes for the oil industry as well. 

Does that make a CEO solely responsible? No. However, to paraphrase it does NOT exempt him or her, either. 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Tom Kirkman said:

For comic relief...

blij96x0t6h31.jpg

Is it the same thing for people who want clean water and air to be labeled faciest? What do you say when a President wants to eliminate citizens from certain countries to visit or immigrate? Why not ask for background checks for any visitor who visits or immigrates. Fairness should be common sense. Trump begs by his rhetoric to be labeled and unfortunately has a base of like minded supporters who love to play victim.

• Upvote 1